The Defend the Frontlines Mission rewards will be deployed on August 21st. Thanks for your patience.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Hit Detection

Comments

  • VBALL_MVP
    3619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 12
    Mearen1911 wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I'm trying not to be negative but the game has been a chore to play lately. The cte is a chunky mess. Can't post videos of the horrid gameplay because it isn't allowed in the cte.
    Played some Frontlines yesterday and ran up to a tank to give it a special limpet mine, when I threw it my character went through the throwing animation from right next to the tank yet I didn't see the limpet in the air. Anyway the main gun was pointing away from me yet I heard it fire and I was dead instantly. The guys ping was 345. Does it have anything to do with poor gameplay? I don'y really know but more and more most times shoddy gameplay equals lots of high ping but not always.

    You can't compare CTE gameplay to the real game. It's a test environment...its gonna be a mess at times as they try stuff in it.

    Of course you can. CTE is not alpha play. You don't even know the difference apparently.

    Seems like you dont know the difference, youre right its not alpha but its also made for testing amd checking things which means there will be issues with stability. Hence why they only have a limited number of slots.

    Not to mention they have data analysis running in the background as well.
    digga11 wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    denjoga wrote: »
    Just made a long post in another thread about my experience playing in a Japanese server with ~170ms ping last night...

    The tl;dr version:
    It was glorious! lol

    Seriously - if you have low ping in your region (mine's typically 15-30ms) and you're unhappy with the game's performance - go OOR, stay below the server-side-hit-detection threshold and see how it feels.
    I loved it and will be doing it much more often.

    edit: No seriously - try it... If you like it, ain't no one going to tell you you're doing anything wrong.

    So i shouldn't answer to you bait, but whatever...you like it have fun.

    You should post your battle reports for evidence.

    Especially since BattleTracker says last night your overall stats from 7 games was .73 KD and KPM was .53.

    Are you stat bashing??

    Not even close to stat bashing, he stated his play was wonderful yet according to the game reports I would argue that he didnt play as well as when he plays in region.

    @denjoga i dont have to believe you. You asked before how to test your internet, @UrinDenialP amd myself gave you info how to test. On top of that @UrinDenialP asked you multiple times to post or comment on your comnection and you have just gone silent. In the end, the games you played comtradict your statement and the fact you are trying to promote something that you know just flares up this thread is baiting.

    But whatever go play OOR, every person who claims "its a glorious experience" seems to always go back to playing in region.....I wonder why.
  • denjoga
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 13
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    @denjoga i dont have to believe you. You asked before how to test your internet, @UrinDenialP amd myself gave you info how to test. On top of that @UrinDenialP asked you multiple times to post or comment on your comnection and you have just gone silent. In the end, the games you played comtradict your statement and the fact you are trying to promote something that you know just flares up this thread is baiting.

    But whatever go play OOR, every person who claims "its a glorious experience" seems to always go back to playing in region.....I wonder why.

    The answer re: the testing is simple - ain't nobody got time for that!
    Maybe I'll do it eventually, but I'd rather spend the time experimenting OOR.
    If it turns out I can routinely have a better experience w/ high ping, then I don't see the need to test my connection...
    If I have bad hops to US east and all the best, really fantastic hops to Japan, so be it... I'll play in Japan.
    If US East gives me buffer bloat and Japan doesn't, great!

    The games do not contradict my statement at all.
    At >200 ping, it was miserable - I was getting .3, .4, .5 KD.
    As soon as I joined the Japanese server at ~175 ping, I got ~2 kd.
    What's my all time average kd? Have I broken 1.0 yet? I doubt it - there's a reason my clan is called Sub1.
    I've never claimed to be a great player.
    But none of that matters!
    You said so and I agree.
    What matters is my experience and in my experience I was getting kills I never would've gotten normally and avoiding kills I never would have.
    If I went 5/20, but those 5 kills were extraordinary to me, that still wouldn't be a contradiction.

    I'll post videos and you'll tell me that the streaks I get come down to changing my play style... and you'll be right!
    There's a moment in one of the videos, on Mt Grappa, where I realize I'm surviving encounters I never would've before, so I just start charging into rooms and areas where I know there's enemies and start taking them down - where normally I'd be insta-dead before I cross the threshold, now I'm taking down multiples before they can take me down..
    But you'll discount that stuff anyway and you'll say it doesn't prove anything - and you'll be right!
    I'll show you the clips I've got, but it won't mean anything to you.
    There's one clip that makes me lol - I spot a guy running towards the corner of a building, he doesn't see me, I spazz, my aim is totally wild, he passes behind the corner of the building and I pop him dead, right through the walls of the building! There's no denying it.
    Now, I've never done that before in this game - I've been on the losing end of that situation many times but never the winning end - but I can't prove that to you, can I?!
    All you have to do is say, "that probably happens to him all the time, but he'd never admit it".
    See how easy it is to discount anything I show or say to you?

    Anyway, all this right here is pointless & you can see here and in all my posts why I sometimes just ignore stuff - I have a real problem with brevity in writing, lol.
    I can't help it, so lots of times I'd just rather not reply than spend 30 minutes writing stuff that, in the end, really doesn't matter (not to mention that, when it comes to you, you'll just twist everything I say for the sake of having an argument, which means I'd have to spend another 30 minutes explaining why I didn't say what you say I said and, Oh look, I'm doing it again!).

    Be patient. I've got, I think 6 or so 3 minute videos - a couple just have some brief moments, the others have more than one notable moment, so it'll take some editing (which I'm really loathe to do).
    I don't know, maybe I'll just post all the raw 3 minute videos and let you waste your time scrutinizing them - probably the best idea.

    Anyway, after I post the videos, I'm willing to try to have a reasonable conversation with you about them.
    But, if you're just going to tell me I'm full of crap, what's the point?

    Oh, and I will go back to playing in region, and I'll tell you exactly why that is - I mostly play with friends and they are not going to want to mess around playing out of region.
    But I will go back to playing in regions with higher pings whenever I know I'll be solo.

    Anyway, there's another 30-40 minutes wasted writing a frickin pointless essay. Yay.
  • VBALL_MVP
    3619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 13
    denjoga wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    @denjoga i dont have to believe you. You asked before how to test your internet, @UrinDenialP amd myself gave you info how to test. On top of that @UrinDenialP asked you multiple times to post or comment on your comnection and you have just gone silent. In the end, the games you played comtradict your statement and the fact you are trying to promote something that you know just flares up this thread is baiting.

    But whatever go play OOR, every person who claims "its a glorious experience" seems to always go back to playing in region.....I wonder why.

    What's my all time average kd? Have I broken 1.0 yet? I doubt it - there's a reason my clan is called Sub1.
    I've never claimed to be a great player.
    But none of that matters!
    You said so and I agree.
    What matters is my experience and in my experience I was getting kills I never would've gotten normally and avoiding kills I never would have.
    If I went 5/20, but those 5 kills were extraordinary to me, that still wouldn't be a contradiction.

    See you lost the point. Im not saying youre bad or your stats suck, maybe you should read my post again. I gave you your average KD on your last games you played and referencing it as compared to when you played in region. You played worse when you were OOR than when you normally play, so thats where i am calling bull.

    Thats all....but again do what you like but dont go off stating anything on what you think is the issue because you refuse to even look at your network. Have fun playing wherever you play....really not interested in your snippets because they most likely dont have netgraph and 30 second flashes where you "did good" wont show the full picture on what happened the other 25min in that game.
  • denjoga
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    See you lost the point. Im not saying youre bad or your stats suck, maybe you should read my post again. I gave you your average KD on your last games you played and referencing it as compared to when you played in region. You played worse when you were OOR than when you normally play, so thats where i am calling bull.
    And you said KD is meaningless, so that's where I'm calling bull.

    I could comment on the rest of what you said, but it's all pointless until I post video.
    And, brevity.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    denjoga wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    @denjoga i dont have to believe you. You asked before how to test your internet, @UrinDenialP amd myself gave you info how to test. On top of that @UrinDenialP asked you multiple times to post or comment on your comnection and you have just gone silent. In the end, the games you played comtradict your statement and the fact you are trying to promote something that you know just flares up this thread is baiting.

    But whatever go play OOR, every person who claims "its a glorious experience" seems to always go back to playing in region.....I wonder why.

    What's my all time average kd? Have I broken 1.0 yet? I doubt it - there's a reason my clan is called Sub1.
    I've never claimed to be a great player.
    But none of that matters!
    You said so and I agree.
    What matters is my experience and in my experience I was getting kills I never would've gotten normally and avoiding kills I never would have.
    If I went 5/20, but those 5 kills were extraordinary to me, that still wouldn't be a contradiction.

    See you lost the point. Im not saying youre bad or your stats suck, maybe you should read my post again. I gave you your average KD on your last games you played and referencing it as compared to when you played in region. You played worse when you were OOR than when you normally play, so thats where i am calling bull.

    Thats all....but again do what you like but dont go off stating anything on what you think is the issue because you refuse to even look at your network. Have fun playing wherever you play....really not interested in your snippets because they most likely dont have netgraph and 30 second flashes where you "did good" wont show the full picture on what happened the other 25min in that game.

    Jesus vball you've told me at least a few times k/d isn'yt an indicator to how well the game plays , but now you're saying it does? C'mon.
    I've even pointed out on a number of occasions when playing and having favorable k/d stats that the gameplay was horrible.
  • oJU5T1No
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Your not gonna see the effects of your own de-sync on your own screen ,to prove anything you'd need your pov and ping etc and the pov and ping of the other players side by side then you'd see the varying de-sync related to the pings.
    Before server side hit detection I played on the Japanese servers I think my ping was around 200-250ms, the game wasn't as responsive but it was alot more in sync and I could win gunfights I properly shouldn't have. Playing on European servers at 30ms and US east at 90ms theres little difference just with 90ms ping I get more lag compensation which smooths the other players movement, so there a little bit easier to hit. The largest factor on the gameplay is the connections of the other players on the server between European and us east servers its which ever at the time has the least amount of high ping players has the more playable game.
  • VBALL_MVP
    3619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    denjoga wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    @denjoga i dont have to believe you. You asked before how to test your internet, @UrinDenialP amd myself gave you info how to test. On top of that @UrinDenialP asked you multiple times to post or comment on your comnection and you have just gone silent. In the end, the games you played comtradict your statement and the fact you are trying to promote something that you know just flares up this thread is baiting.

    But whatever go play OOR, every person who claims "its a glorious experience" seems to always go back to playing in region.....I wonder why.

    What's my all time average kd? Have I broken 1.0 yet? I doubt it - there's a reason my clan is called Sub1.
    I've never claimed to be a great player.
    But none of that matters!
    You said so and I agree.
    What matters is my experience and in my experience I was getting kills I never would've gotten normally and avoiding kills I never would have.
    If I went 5/20, but those 5 kills were extraordinary to me, that still wouldn't be a contradiction.

    See you lost the point. Im not saying youre bad or your stats suck, maybe you should read my post again. I gave you your average KD on your last games you played and referencing it as compared to when you played in region. You played worse when you were OOR than when you normally play, so thats where i am calling bull.

    Thats all....but again do what you like but dont go off stating anything on what you think is the issue because you refuse to even look at your network. Have fun playing wherever you play....really not interested in your snippets because they most likely dont have netgraph and 30 second flashes where you "did good" wont show the full picture on what happened the other 25min in that game.

    Jesus vball you've told me at least a few times k/d isn'yt an indicator to how well the game plays , but now you're saying it does? C'mon.
    I've even pointed out on a number of occasions when playing and having favorable k/d stats that the gameplay was horrible.

    Again you two just dont get it. Im comparing his in region stats to his out of region stats. He did poorly, against his average in region stats in ALL areas. The problem is your so set and entrenched in your ideas you will try everything, like take my comments out of context, just to make you it seem like you prooved your point.

    But hey like I said before play where you want....your "proof" is purely subjective...but again your advertisement is pure baiting and just trying to stir the pot.

  • Godhates1234
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 13
    All i think is , the netcode and hit detection have to work if we have to test weapons and so on ?
  • denjoga
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/113665/ping-cap-now#latest
    There's a reason, when I brought this up, that I mentioned the other thread.
    Was kinda hoping to draw people into a discussion there, not here - there's enough garbage to wade through in this thread already.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    4927 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Moderator
    edited August 13
    I suggest everybody in this thread stops with the stat bashing or you will be given a week away.

    I will not be giving any further verbal warnings regarding this.

    Stop nit picking over something so ridiculously stupid as virtual numbers on a website that has no bearing on your real life.

    Get a grip people.
  • oJU5T1No
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I suggest everybody in this thread.

    Theres only 1 person here trying to bait others into pointless arguments.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    4927 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Moderator
    oJU5T1No wrote: »
    I suggest everybody in this thread.

    Theres only 1 person here trying to bait others into pointless arguments.

    It's a blanket warning, We all know that one person statbashing will lead to others doing likewise in retaliation.

    I'm just saying, It needs to stop ^
  • Mearen1911
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So the "getting killed by an invisible player" feature has returned. It was in the patch notes as being fixed and lasted a few weeks. Unfortunately this kind of bug should never be in the game, much less return after being fixed.

    Once again, fix your servers. This is why your base is dwindling.
  • KingTolapsium
    5295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mearen1911 wrote: »
    So the "getting killed by an invisible player" feature has returned. It was in the patch notes as being fixed and lasted a few weeks. Unfortunately this kind of bug should never be in the game, much less return after being fixed.

    Once again, fix your servers. This is why your base is dwindling.

    The bug was solved for most instances, these issues are still being improved.

    Nice strawman, btw. Playerbase is kinda not dwindling.
  • mmarkweII
    2743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Without video, it could have even been a rendering issue.....who knows. :neutral:
  • QliMaXMiTo
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    Without video, it could have even been a rendering issue.....who knows. :neutral:

    Plenty of videos here: https://www.bftracker.com/view.php?id=3115

    My favourite is this one here, where the bug triggers right before the man's eyes:
  • lizzard
    857 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    QliMaXMiTo wrote: »
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    Without video, it could have even been a rendering issue.....who knows. :neutral:

    Plenty of videos here: https://www.bftracker.com/view.php?id=3115

    My favourite is this one here, where the bug triggers right before the man's eyes:

    Wonder why no one cares to reply to your post?

    Maybe people have lost the interest in bf1?
  • mmarkweII
    2743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lizzard wrote: »
    QliMaXMiTo wrote: »
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    Without video, it could have even been a rendering issue.....who knows. :neutral:

    Plenty of videos here: https://www.bftracker.com/view.php?id=3115

    My favourite is this one here, where the bug triggers right before the man's eyes:

    Wonder why no one cares to reply to your post?

    Maybe people have lost the interest in bf1?

    Nah.....IRL stuff comes first. Personally, I haven't had time. But, welcome back.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!