The Defend the Frontlines Mission rewards will be deployed on August 21st. Thanks for your patience.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Medic/Support Visual Indicator for Utility Gadget Being Equipped

Ecaidian
48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So...when we die we can see the medics in range that have a syringe equipped (cool), however there is no indicator as to whether a medic or support player is carrying med/ammo packs or crates...

Can we make it so that there is some sort of visual indicator to let you know that someone CAN provide healing or ammo, BUT is simply too stupid to do it? I don't want to waste my time asking to be healed or resupplied by someone that didn't bother to equip the required gadget, only to get frustrated because he refuses to heal/resup...you know, standing in front of him, jumping around, using the radial commands to ask for it, meleeing him, shooting at him...meanwhile he just has the blank stare on his face and does nothing?

If I can see he has it then I know the effort is at least warranted...if he refuses to use it then I know for future reference he is a moron and I shouldn't waste my time, but at least I'll know that. If someone doesn't have it then I don't waste my time at all. (better yet, FORCE medic/support to carry at least 1 utility gadget (syringe, heal pack, heal crate, ammo pack, ammo crate, repair wrench))

Comments

• Wikingjaeger
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Medic can only equip only one type of Rifle Grenade (FRG/HE/SMK) on his loadout, so 2nd gadget has to be Heal item or syringe, unless somen unequips the second gagedet.
    But have to remember that if Medic carries the Pouch, it has a set number (2 or 3) that he can throw before it goes into short cooldown, so they cannot always throw the pouch to you.

Support is bit more complicated in my opinion than just the guy with ammo. He is the fire support guy on the field - who happens to have ammunition with him, if he chooses so. But then he also might have Mortars, Limpets, and or Crossbow, Wrench is pretty non existant atm due the fact that Vehicles can self repair (stupid option if you ask me).
    But it would be nice to have more support players on the field when I am out of ammo and have to rely only my Taschenpistole & sYringe to do the killing and reviving and hope that I will survive
  • Astr0damus
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 13
    There are so many things DICE is working on, I doubt this is something they care about

• Dinamythe2512
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Actually you can already know it by spamming the spot key toward them to ask resupply. If your soldier doesn't ask (I need ammo please), it's because they don't have it equipped.
  • Wikingjaeger
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Actually you can already know it by spamming the spot key toward them to ask resupply. If your soldier doesn't ask (I need ammo please), it's because they don't have it equipped.

Huh, I learned something new. Cheers
  • von_Campenstein
    2160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Huh, I learned something new. Cheers

Yes but you'll not know till it's too late if that Medic you hung around and kept alive is carrying a syringe till you're not revived.

I'm all for small indicators of worn kit on the characters. We have very strict archetypes for the enemy team to know what they're in for, why not finer points too for friendly forces?