Premium Trials is now live. We'll be postponing 2XP to a later date, ensuring all players can take advantage of the event.
The Defend the Frontlines Mission rewards will be deployed on August 21st. Thanks for your patience.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

RSC 1917 optical

2»

Comments

• l_water_l
    826 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

The RSC is strongest at ranges that don't require a scope anyway.

It would be a better version of the Autoloading 8.35 marksman.
  • MarxistDictator
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    But if it were a marksmen variant it would recenter and recoil recover slower. Nooo
  • ProLegion_exor
    1603 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I prefer the Optical, it's my weapon with most kills. It's an amazing weapon but you need to lern how to control recoil and have a high accuracy. You have to invest time and it will give u so much back. One of the most skilled weapons to use in the game.
  • ashar_saleem121
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Aeshettr wrote: »
    You just have to be accurate and know when and where to engage people, and learn to accept the fact that if you run into someone using a hellriegel in extreme CQB, you're going to lose at least the majority of the time (unless that person is just terribly, terribly bad)

Pro tip: a shot and a swing with an axe is faster than two shots.
    I've even beaten Automatico users if I got the first shot off.

I've beaten Assaults using a myriad of weapons, whether SMGs or Shotguns, in CQB with the RSC by actually shooting them two times. It's entirely situational. But in some CQB scenarios where you're not literally directly on top of your enemy, swinging your melee weapon isn't an option - and if you're inaccurate, the RSC is going to be incredibly unforgiving in those situations. Like I said - you just have to be accurate with your shots and know when and where to engage people.

If you're running around like Rambo, you may have a bad time. But if you're careful and don't rush into CQB trying to take Assault players head-on - I think people would have a wonderful time with the RSC.

It's, imo, the absolute best "SURPRISE!!!" weapon in the game - meaning when you carefully tread onto an enemy-contested objective and turn around the corner and are 15~m away from a guy looking right at you, the ability to 2-shot them comes out of nowhere and they barely have time to react (the automatico is fairly good in that regard as well, at least in CQB).

If you can land all your shots on center mass - it's an absolute slayer of a weapon and should only be ignored by those who can't aim. I've seen people that complain 6 rounds is TOO unforgiving, but it's really not. If you compare it to the bullets required to kill for guns with higher ammo counts that require 3 shots to kill, like the Mondragon - the potential kills per fully loaded weapon are equal, again, if you can land all your shots.

Not to mention if you take into account the AL8.35 or Selb 1906, both only have 1 kill per magazine capacity without headshots.

The only problem I have with any low ammo SLR is the potential for hit registration issues. This is certainly not the gun to have server problems with. For the ranges you'll be playing at, you'll get eaten alive by anything and everything
  • obisearch
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Try the factory variant before you give up entirely on the weapon. The two-shot kill is a nasty surprise to many who see you and think you need at least 3 to kill.

On top of that, you should try the Factory variant on Hardcore. You won't regret it.

We call her Willie one banger on hardcore mode. She'll definitely give you a time to remember.
  • Wikingjaeger
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You just have to be accurate and know when and where to engage people, and learn to accept the fact that if you run into someone using a hellriegel in extreme CQB, you're going to lose at least the majority of the time (unless that person is just terribly, terribly bad)

Pro tip: a shot and a swing with an axe is faster than two shots.
    I've even beaten Automatico users if I got the first shot off.

I've beaten Assaults using a myriad of weapons, whether SMGs or Shotguns, in CQB with the RSC by actually shooting them two times. It's entirely situational. But in some CQB scenarios where you're not literally directly on top of your enemy, swinging your melee weapon isn't an option - and if you're inaccurate, the RSC is going to be incredibly unforgiving in those situations. Like I said - you just have to be accurate with your shots and know when and where to engage people.

If you're running around like Rambo, you may have a bad time. But if you're careful and don't rush into CQB trying to take Assault players head-on - I think people would have a wonderful time with the RSC.

It's, imo, the absolute best "SURPRISE!!!" weapon in the game - meaning when you carefully tread onto an enemy-contested objective and turn around the corner and are 15~m away from a guy looking right at you, the ability to 2-shot them comes out of nowhere and they barely have time to react (the automatico is fairly good in that regard as well, at least in CQB).

If you can land all your shots on center mass - it's an absolute slayer of a weapon and should only be ignored by those who can't aim. I've seen people that complain 6 rounds is TOO unforgiving, but it's really not. If you compare it to the bullets required to kill for guns with higher ammo counts that require 3 shots to kill, like the Mondragon - the potential kills per fully loaded weapon are equal, again, if you can land all your shots.

Not to mention if you take into account the AL8.35 or Selb 1906, both only have 1 kill per magazine capacity without headshots.

The only problem I have with any low ammo SLR is the potential for hit registration issues. This is certainly not the gun to have server problems with. For the ranges you'll be playing at, you'll get eaten alive by anything and everything

For me the low ammo SLR made me to start playing passive aggressive medic, in the second wave and maybe counter sniping a bit.
    1906 selb is By far my favorite weapon of the game and RSC opt is in a good second Place. These guns exel from picking off wounded targets and providing supportive fire but when it comes to cqb I mostly rely on my sider arm to do the killing. In general BF1 forces (or at least forced me) to re think engangement distances in a new way. Each Gun and Gun class (SLR, Bolt act, shotgun, smg etc) has the certain optimal distacen where they exel, some are more flexible and forgiving than others:
    - Like cei-rigotti, works fairly in closer ranges and also works in longer ranges.
    - SL1907, works well in closer ranges but at mid ranges it doens't do so well anymore.
    - RSC to me is more the sencond line of assault weapon. Works very well supporting the Assault class.

• HansGrupper
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RSC 1917 Optical works nicely in DOM, when you use it on mid range. I wouldn't recommend to use it in TDM matches for the close combat situations.
  • ProLegion_exor
    1603 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RSC 1917 Optical works nicely in DOM, when you use it on mid range. I wouldn't recommend to use it in TDM matches for the close combat situations.

It works great for CQB. And FYI it's more CQB on Domination then TDM.
  • HansGrupper
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

For close quarters I prefer a lot more higher rate of fire weapon. RSC Optical is not ideal for that, I would go with a SMG for better results.
  • bran1986
    2326 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Try the factory variant before you give up entirely on the weapon. The two-shot kill is a nasty surprise to many who see you and think you need at least 3 to kill.

Edit: fun note - its TTK is lower than 1907 at all ranges.

That is if you land your shots, you miss a shot with the RSC 17 and you are screwed.
  • ProLegion_exor

For close quarters I prefer a lot more higher rate of fire weapon. RSC Optical is not ideal for that, I would go with a SMG for better results.

There is no problem at all, just be accurate and you will win most gun fights. SMG is to easy