In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Counter to Flare Gun

Slime_walkerg
5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
The Flare gun in the game seems incredible strong in the game, so I'm thinking there should be a counter to the gadget. Like throwing a smoke nade on the static flare. Or even introducing new gadgets or devices to counter the flare or that bring something new.

Comments

• GiovannY-398
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 13
    A counter to spotting flares is on its way. It's one of the new specializations (currently in the CTE) that basically makes you invisible to flares when you are moving slowly or when you're stationary.
  • Seanak23
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 13
    I agree that the flare gun is a bit op. I mean it shows the enemy on the map with 100% accuracy so it basically means any outnumbered players are even more screwed than they would have been if someone pops a flare since the only advantage they had (surprise) is now completely gone. It also means the larger group of players can confidently rush the smaller group as they now know there is less of them and exactly where they are.

I think the flare gun should just reveal weather or not there are enemies within the radius of the flare by becoming a darker red depending on how many enemies are in that area. Thick red and you know there are lots of enemies and lighter shades for less enemies.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    1119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Don't you people remember how spotting worked in bf4 for example? When almost every action of yours revealed your position on the map? And currently flares are the only reliable way to know where the enemies are. But let's nerf it too just because and make scout completely useless hillhumping bag.
  • Vindbryte-LKPG
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I refuse to believe this is a big issue. I mean, there can be 10 scouts on my team and not a single one uses flares or spots. I guess they are to busy "having my back and providing overwatch".
  • zenn_nme
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gadget; Sand filled Iron Bucket. Usage: Pour over Spotting Flare to counter revealing friendly positions on the minimap. :p
    But on a serious note; don't the Smoke Grenades already counter the Spotting Flare?
  • GiovannY-398
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 13
    I refuse to believe this is a big issue. I mean, there can be 10 scouts on my team and not a single one uses flares or spots. I guess they are to busy "having my back and providing overwatch".

"Providing overwatch"? You mean sitting at their home base and trying to shoot targets that are on the other side of the map.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 13
    maybe they could give the shovel melee weapon an ability to put out a flare by smacking it
  • von_Campenstein
    2654 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Seanak23 wrote: »
    I agree that the flare gun is a bit op. I mean it shows the enemy on the map with 100% accuracy so it basically means any outnumbered players are even more screwed than they would have been if someone pops a flare since the only advantage they had (surprise) is now completely gone. It also means the larger group of players can confidently rush the smaller group as they now know there is less of them and exactly where they are.

I think the flare gun should just reveal weather or not there are enemies within the radius of the flare by becoming a darker red depending on how many enemies are in that area. Thick red and you know there are lots of enemies and lighter shades for less enemies.

You mean it should become useless. Flags already show you how many if any are in the capture area.

• MarxistDictator
    2784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 13
    I was so disappointed to see it 'featured' in this game after seeing auto spotting was removed. I had my hopes of a game where people aren't just glued to the mini map playing watch the triangle/blip dashed. Oh well.
    And currently flares are the only reliable way to know where the enemies are.

This is the real reason they won't be nerfed, people clearly forgot how to use their eyes and ears.
  • Vindbryte-LKPG
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

"Providing overwatch"? You mean sitting at their home base ans trying to shoot targets that are on the other side of the map.

Yeah, that's pretty much it...

• Mike_V1987
    597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 13
    The Camo perk will be the perfect and long overdue counter for the flare.
    people clearly forgot how to use their eyes and ears.

So true, really shows how dependent people are on this when they say this perk will make scout or flare "useless". I think those players are the useless ones tbh.
  • InsecureRat227
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just use smoke grenades. Counters it perfect as designed.
  • BoWinston
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The Flare gun in the game seems incredible strong in the game, so I'm thinking there should be a counter to the gadget. Like throwing a smoke nade on the static flare. Or even introducing new gadgets or devices to counter the flare or that bring something new.

Smoke grenades are the counters to flares:

• MarxistDictator
    2784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Smoke grenades don't block flares from working, only from the spotting flare showing your position when you're inside the smoke.

You can't do anything inside a smoke cloud so calling it a counter is a joke, they'll see you on the map head over there and then see a smoke cloud. Flares also last longer than smoke.

Camo is how flares should have worked from the start. Too bad we needed to wait for the specialization spec for it.
  • herodes87
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Then you will have way more campers with the new perk. Flares are rarely used. At least on PS4.
  • MurfCr
    609 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its not like the enemy gets spotted for very long. However I do like setting people on fire with them.
  • Claypole1
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We already have a mini map that doesn't show the enemy when they shoot, the directional sound in the game isn't always accurate, so let's keep the flares as they are.
  • MarxistDictator
    Five stages of grief anyone? Bargaining.
  • dcs500
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hold down the Triangle button to urinate on the flare.