The Defend the Frontlines Mission rewards will be deployed on August 21st. Thanks for your patience.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Dice what's with all the snipers??

MKavanagh123
22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited August 13

How many times have you been killed by a
sniper any sniper rifle, now compare that to how many times you have been killed by any other class, see a big difference? No wonder you have been killed by snipers much more if you think about it they can damage you in almost every way if in a tank K bullets if running around sniped you if camping flare and so on you get the point there needs to be a limit on how many people can play as one class, thank you

Comments

• MKavanagh123
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Fair enough but I'm just saying that when I'm playing with people all I hear is why are there so many snipers
  • Teh_Next
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 13
    Depends on the map. Some maps are saturated with them, others not so much. It can be annoying.
  • McPlebster
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    More often than not, 1/3 of the team on Conquest or Operations are scouts. This is something I've seen through my hours of this game.

The class that all these scout could replace is medic, but medics are hard to play and not as rewarding for newer players. That is my theory on this

• GoofyMC123
    655 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mike_V1987 wrote: »
    I get killed by assaults with the hellreigel way more than scouts tbh.

Ditto, i rarely die to snipers here on xbox....... die to plenty aimbot infantry rifles though.
  • oJU5T1No
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its bad map design you only get a large amount of snipers on the large open maps wheres theres little to no cover on the maps like the forest and fort maps you see only a small amount of snipers because theres much more cover so everyone plays assault instead.
  • JadedJunglist
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 13
    How many times have you been killed by a sniper any sniper rifle, now compare that to how many times you have been killed by any other class, see a big difference? No wonder you have been killed by snipers much more if you think about it they can damage you in almost every way if in a tank K bullets if running around sniped you if camping flare and so on you get the point there needs to be a limit on how many people can play as one class, thank you

part of your argument is they can kill you with their gadgets? now that's a stretch. let's compare that to the assaults rocket launcher and anti tank grenades. or the supports limpets / crossbow nade launcher and the ability to resupply themselves on a whim with more explosives. medics have noob tubes and if they feel like trolling, the syringe can kill as well. who would have thought every class was given tools to kill in a war game huh
  • bran1986
    2307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Scouts kill me the least of any class. If you play the maps enough, you should learn where they hide 99% of the time.
  • BoWinston
    668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Assaults running model 10-A's are the most common.
  • Buick72
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 13
    Most snipers I come across can't hit anything from their prone position 3 miles out. When I snipe I tend to stay on or close to the objective, so I die to shotguns and automaticos more than other scouts.

As for a class limit. No.

I'd rather not get stuck with the only snipers on the team sitting in the uncap with decoys and a shield instead of being on the point and flaring. Besides, going for snap shots and headshots with rifles is the only fun/rewarding gunplay in this game for me. I like having to aim instead of just hold mb1 and spam an 900rpm smg all round.
  • Teh_Next
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not as annoying as the bat with barbed wire. :#
  • LOLGotYerTags
    4927 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Moderator
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    Not as annoying as the bat with barbed wire. :#

You'll never live that down mate lol
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's due the 64 players. It's a turkey shoot. I was playing on a rented server, 32 player Conquest and it wasn't near an issue. I mean if they can camp, and get all those easy kills (and the smaller the maps, like Operations, the more they snipe) that's what they're gonna do.

But with 32 players on Conquest, they're sitting around wasting their time.

And on 32 players, it's less spammed on everything, less grenades, less gas, less vehicles killing more people.

Most all the complaints in people wanting nerfs, are just due to too many players on a map. They should come out with an additional mode 32 player Conquest, and 24 player Operations. That'll solve the issue, at least on those modes.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    4927 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Moderator
    They should come out with an additional mode 32 player Conquest, and 24 player Operations. That'll solve the issue, at least on those modes.

That's already implemented, If you go into the server browser filters, you can filter by player counts ( 24 / 32 / 48 / 64 ) and game modes.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    edited August 13
    They should come out with an additional mode 32 player Conquest, and 24 player Operations. That'll solve the issue, at least on those modes.

That's already implemented, If you go into the server browser filters, you can filter by player counts ( 24 / 32 / 48 / 64 ) and game modes.

Wait, i'm sorry, you're saying they already have 32 player Conquest modes in Vanilla? That's a sincere question. If so, they should put that in the main menu for quickmatch. That'll solve most all these complaints about snipers, and sniper spam, grenade spam and all the rest of it.

In fact, looking now, i'm not seeing anything in the browser settings to let me do those modes, unless i'm doing something wrong
  • LOLGotYerTags

In fact, looking now, i'm not seeing anything in the browser settings to let me do those modes, unless i'm doing something wrong

You're definitely doing something wrong then

IuoTuLC.png

Click server browser, then on the right hand side click on the "Game size" dropdown on the quickfilter menu.

Click a checkmark on the size you want and then apply, Then click on the player count in the server list so that it sorts servers by player count
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    Mike_V1987 wrote: »
    I get killed by assaults with the hellreigel way more than scouts tbh.

Ditto, i rarely die to snipers here on xbox....... die to plenty aimbot infantry rifles though.

Same here. I usually play Frontlines and get killed by Assault the most.
  • MegaloDorian
    411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just because the game allows for reduced player game modes doesn't mean there's actually any servers running them. In a way, it'd be quite refreshing to play "Conquest Small" again, coming from PS3 to PC.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    edited August 13

You're definitely doing something wrong then

IuoTuLC.png

Click server browser, then on the right hand side click on the "Game size" dropdown on the quickfilter menu.

Click a checkmark on the size you want and then apply, Then click on the player count in the server list so that it sorts servers by player count

That must be on the computer. i don't have that. But they really should bring it to consoles, but more than that, put it in the quickmatch 32 player Conquest.