Your opinion on one trick ponies?

realistalive
606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I have a lot more respect for players who are versatile & can get on well with any weapon. Encountering people that have like 20,000+ kills with the hellriegel, automatico, etc., is so infuriating. You check their profiles and they have very few kills with anything else. Do these guys think they're good at the game?? Anybody would be good if all they ever did was use one weapon. Mix it up people, show you have some skill!!

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I usually change from one weapon to another. It seems a bit more fun to try something different from time to time.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What about the losers that only camp the most easy vehicles of the game like artillery truck or attack plane?
  • Forkbeard84
    1854 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If I can kill a guy, I will. Im probably part of the problem. :-)
  • BoWinston
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have a lot more respect for players who are versatile & can get on well with any weapon. Encountering people that have like 20,000+ kills with the hellriegel, automatico, etc., is so infuriating. You check their profiles and they have very few kills with anything else. Do these guys think they're good at the game?? Anybody would be good if all they ever did was use one weapon. Mix it up people, show you have some skill!!

Totally agree, it must be so boring to play with one weapon for so long.
  • TheUltimateM16
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I know a guy who has 20000+ kills with the Hellriegel, and almost 9 million points as the assault class. He only plays rush on the base maps.

Like, do these people ever get bored? I keep coming back to this game because I'm always finding ways to mix up the gameplay or try something different. These people... I just don't understand.

I really wonder what would happen if DICE straight up removed the Hellriegel, what would this guy do then?
  • MurfCr
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have some of my "go to" weapons in each class. I do like trying out others to just try or work in the service star. I am currently using the KNOBrigle to get the service star. Now I might use it to unlock the variant but have not made up my mind.
  • James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I always say if someone's happy just leave them to it. They paid the money, it's their choice.

Sure it's annoying to see the usual weapons that kill you over and over again.. but a lot of humans are creatures of habit.. they do what they do and know what they like.

I love being killed by something random.. like the m1903 experimental or the bar telescopic.. I've messaged numerous people and congratulated them for separating themselves from the crowd :)
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they enjoy the weapon/loadout they are using, who cares? It's not like we have overpowered weapons, they are all pretty balanced within their ranges.
  • grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Getting a service star for every primary has certainly widened my options, I'd recommend doing it to anyone :-)
  • realistalive
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    Getting a service star for every primary has certainly widened my options, I'd recommend doing it to anyone :-)

agreed, too many people are afraid to get out of their comfort zone
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14433 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I have a lot more respect for players who are versatile & can get on well with any weapon.

Your sig states: "Road to 1000 service stars with M.95 - Currently at 773 stars"

Nice catch actually, It does seem to be a little contradictory at best IMHO.
  • NWOslave
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i saw a guy or gal last night with 65 stars for a ribeyeroll.
  • realistalive
    i saw a guy or gal last night with 65 stars for a ribeyeroll.

wow, that is pathetic
  • siftycat
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think the devs went to all this trouble to make a wide variety of weapons and classes and it'd be a shame not to try them all out. What's equally annoying is when people want to try flying, or tanking, or using the artillery truck and they get harassed for not being any good. Seems like some people forgot somewhere down the line that this is supposed to be fun.

There's guys who've been playing on the same 24/7 map servers in BF4 for years, doing only one thing. I don't get it. I've always made a point in any game to at least reach a certain level with everything, because half the fun is messing up.

But even though I don't get it I also don't believe we should be telling people how to play the game they paid for or questioning why they do. :)
This discussion has been closed.