Can you get an ISO for Battlefield 1 if you have purchased it through Origin?

rainderby
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I am running out of space on my PC and want to get this game on disc. Is there anyway that Origins will allow an ISO image to be downloaded in order to play from disc???

Comments

• siftycat
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Copy the game files from your origin game folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games or wherever) and the compress them using a compression program if necessary.
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1: No you can't play this game from disc.
    -
    2: Don't ever use the compression tools. You're just asking for trouble.
  • F1aw1ess
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    you can take the origin games folder and create an ISO from it to store on an external hard drive should you need to reload it at some point after a format etc however you cannot play from an external drive nor would you want to.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    rainderby wrote: »
    I am running out of space on my PC and want to get this game on disc. Is there anyway that Origins will allow an ISO image to be downloaded in order to play from disc???

Negative.

The game files would need a cache to read from and write to during loading.

Only suggestion I can think of is to purchase larger storage media ( dedicated hard drive / SSD for games )
  • ATF_lateDENT
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    SSD's are getting stupid cheap. Go ahead and get a 120 gig SSD, mount it internally in your computer, and move Battlefield there, then change your Origin games directory to the new drive and 'download' it again. It will find the game and you'll be off to the races.
  • F1aw1ess
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    or if you dont have the mount points/sata ports/psu cables free you could also just buy a larger mach hard drive and clone your operating system to the new hard drive, its pretty easy to do with something macrium reflect now a days
  • Iamaforkead
    483 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    buy a cheap M.2 drive, clone the original drive and migrate over to super fast computer. fullstop.
    to backup game, copy the battlefield 1 folder, in the origin folder. always keep latest copy, every week is good.
    I always backup on a spare usb hard drive 2TB. old mechanical crap .
    or spare ssd samsung.

cheap as chips now.
  • ATF_lateDENT
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SSD's are getting stupid cheap. Go ahead and get a 120 gig SSD and move Battlefield there, then change your Origin games directory to the new drive and 'download' it again. It will find the game and you'll be off to the races.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    654 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just put the game files on a thumbdrive.