Introducing Service Assignments - Please Give Feedback

Comments

• rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Most of those are just heavy grind for sake of heavy grind. Starter grinds make no sense at all as most of the players already got lvl 50 for each class so there should be at least different types of rewards not just 50K XP for a specific class.
    Also, "destroying 10 tanks with crossbow nades" and "Obtain 5 kills with sawtooth knife' are a bit too much as I think I've got like 2 vehicles destructions with crossbow and not many people around managed to build sawtooth knife. Those ones have to be adjusted to be more reasonable.
    Edit: I'm sure any kind of dlc or assignment weapon or map shouldn't be involved with these unlocks as specializations aren't tied to dlc content so every player should be able to obtain them.

Its not that theyre hard, but they're grind for the sake of grind. I can destroy a tank with the xbow or rifle he grenades. However, im not gonna gimp myself for having a gadget soley for a slim chance a tank i come across will have enough damage for me to take ot out.

Same with the limpet on armored cars. If armpred cars were not used as taxis and were a viable threat and not abandoned after they get to a flag, id go after them and use a limpet on destroying them. But theyre not. Theyre taxis and im not gonna go out of my way to destroy 25 of them with a limpet. Its stupid grind for the sake of grind.

It was exactly what I said. These assignments are going to be a chore with a reward which won't be worth the time for most of those. Some crybabies asked for gigantic amount fo grind as they are bored playing the game and Dice listened for some reason. Now we're getting the unending grindfest. Congratulations!

Yeah, but this is all optional, isn't it? So for example, if someone is already maxed out with everything, but they keep playing anyways, couldn't they just ignore all this and keep on keepin on?
  • Forkbeard84
    1857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    kniphtee wrote: »
    1 Storm the Doors
    Challenge #2 Destroy 2 vehicles with Anti-Tank Grenades - will the nades stop bouncing off the vehicles?
    Challenge #4 As an Assault, bayonet charge 5 different enemies - hate bayonetting, it's a cheap tactic
    2 Selfless Courage
    Challenge #1 Heal 20 different allies - different as in heal 20 of the 31 other players in conquest?
    Challenge #2 Revive 15 different allies - what does different mean?
    3 Supporting the Support
    Challenge #1 Resupply 20 different allies - the different word again?
    Challenge #2 Repair vehicles for a total of 300 damage - not sure what this means either
    Challenge #5 As a Support, suppress 10 different enemies - so is this suppression assists?
    4 Eye on the Prize
    Challenge #3 Kill an enemy that has just killed a teammate - avenger kill, just make it avenger ribbon?
    Challenge #5 As a Squad Leader, place 5 orders in a round - typically I do NOT want scouts to be squad leaders
    5 Omniverous Palate
    Challenge #2 Perform 10 kills with Tanks - I don't use vehicles
    Challenge #3 Deal a total of 400 damage to vehicles - what is 400 dmg?
    5a Leading from the Front (Basic)
    Challenge #6 Earn 1 Weekly Medal - the medal system is still broken and I rarely pay attention to it
    5b Leading from the Front (Veteran)
    Challenge #3 Perform 50 kills with Stationary Weapons - not a fan of this and need support to repair
    6a Dependable (Basic)
    Challenge #1 Perform 5 Suppression Assist kills - confused what this means?
    Challenge #2 Perform 10 kills with the Mortar - Air - really? Airburst is cheaper than bayonetting.
    Challenge #4 In a Round, repair vehicles for 800 damage - this sounds tough
    Challenge #5 Destroy 10 tanks with the Crossbow Launcher - HE - last hit for the kill with the HE version - luck here. 6b Dependable (Veteran)
    Challenge #1 Perform 50 kills with the Perino Model 1908 Low Weight - coming out with the DLC?
    Challenge #2 Destroy 25 Armored Cars with Limpet Mines - not enough cars to begin with let alone limpy k's
    Challenge #5 In a single life, perform 5 kills as an Elite Class - don't use them in fact I might have 5 kills or less with 400 hours of gameplay
    Challenge #6 Perform 50 kills whilst on horseback - don't use them either and have no idea what these last two challenges have to do with the support class
    7a Healing Hands (Basic)
    Challenge #1 Heal 10 different squad members - what does diff mean?
    Challenge #2 Revive 10 different squad members - ditto above note
    Challenge #5 Perform 5 kills with the Medical Syringe - really? More cheap stuff (NOT Jeep stuff) maybe have 100 kills with the Kolibri next? Trolling schtuff (mixture of s**t and stuff) and I don't dig it.
    7b Healing Hands (Veteran)
    Challenge #3 Destroy 25 vehicles with Rifle Grenades HE - more lucky shots with HE variations of exploitable junk.
    Challenge #6 As a Medic, perform 50 kills with Gas Grenades - nothing says healing hands like death by hands off gas
    8a Eagle Eye (Basic)
    Challenge #1 Perform 10 Spot Assist kills - not sure what this means? If it's just spotting then it needs fixed in the game since the mechanic sort of works sometimes and other times i'm breaking the controller (xbone)
    Challenge #3 Perform 5 Squad Spot Assist kills - so this is just squad mates
    Challenge #5 Achieve 3 Spot Assist kills using Flares - and this is only by the flare
    Challenge #6 Kill 3 enemy Elites with K Bullets - these are for vehicles, elites and the like not general infy - or when I run out of ammo - seems kind of silly to waste them instead of helping your team get rid of tanks - wait do tank destructions count as K kills?
    8b Eagle Eye (Veteran)
    Challenge #3 Kill 20 different enemies with Tripwire Bombs - here's that different thing again
    Challenge #4 Perform 50 kills with the Lebel Model 1886 Sniper - only use infy, marksman and carbine variants
    Challenge #5 Win 10 games of Domination - because snipers are really good on Domination, typically
    Challenge #6 Headshot a Pilot with any single-action Rifle - some luck, some skill at least there are more shots going at the planes and the little glowing orbs of death
    9 Vehicular Chaos
    Challenge #1 Perform 15 road kills - trolling, don't use them
    Challenge #2 Down 25 planes using Stationary Weapons - or these
    Challenge #3 Perform 35 kills with the Cavalry lance - no horses either
    Challenge #4 Perform 45 kills whilst using any tank - think I've rode in a few
    Challenge #5 Perform 50 kills whilst using any plane - my team probably wouldn't want me in a plane
    Challenge #6 Perform 50 Driver Assist kills - the vehicle assts are way different from past games
    10 It's Where you Stand
    Challenge #1 Destroy 10 Tanks on Amiens - only on Amiens? Tankers will never play the map and if these come out with the Tsar DLC then very few people will be playing the Vanilla maps to begin with.
    Challenge #2 Perform 25 Melee kills on Argonne Forest - wait, bring a knife (fav. melee weapon here) to shotgun forest? And only the forest, great people are going to set up melee only servers for Argonne, super.
    Challenge #3 Perform 100 Shotgun Kills on Ballroom Blitz - more map-centric assignments.
    Challenge #4 Perform 5 Multi-kills on Monte Grappa - large open map with bombers, well pilots will get this no prob.
    Challenge #5 Perform 50 Headshots on Nivelle Nights - DLC map, glad i'm premium for some reason
    Challenge #6 Kill 25 enemies with debris - luck, happenstance and maybes - the game has got to hone the basic fundamentals of action, hit reg, the ping game, etc. and moving around the debris and now we have to watch out for it killing us - absolutely superb...buildings are now your enemy, heeeheee
    11 Modal Yodel
    Challenge #2 Perform 50 kills from Behemoths - don't do them either, it's an FPS and vehicles are groovy for those who do them but elites, cavalry, behemoths and all that are blah - don't do them
    12 It's in the Game - really? EA, it's in the game...ad here, bring back EA BIG and SSX2 or SSX3?
    Challenge #1 Take 10 dogtags from enemies - melee is wonky enough and most of the time I feel like I cheated someone or they cheated me - either way it's just meh.
    Challenge #2 Perform 100 kills with Elite Kits - probably not
    Challenge #3 Bayonet Charge 50 enemies - cheap mechanic
    Challenge #4 Perform 40 kills with Explosives - 1 round Fort de Nade - DLC, sorry
    Challenge #5 Obtain 5 kills with the Sawtooth Knife - unlock it first, good luck with those battlepacks - randomness

My thoughts, everyone should let their voice be heard, i'll check out the specializations if they work on the xbone, last I checked the new dlc weapons were not and neither were these. ttfn.

I see nothing but negativity here.
  • Oskool_007
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DICE, time is money and I feel like I'm being double charged with all this 'assignment' grinding. First I'm charged for content, then I'm charged again to unlock the content I payed for through time intensive assignments that force me to change my play style.

I have yet to complete the 300 kill Marini Henry assignment because it's so grindey and requires so much of my time (hours and hours and more hours) that it's no longer fun and instead is a chore.

Stop setting the bar so high, especially when it forces players to change their play style. It's not going to be fun trying to get 20 anti-tank mine kills! I prefer the rocket launcher. Some players find playing the way they want fun, not being forced into playing the way someone else wants them to. These assignments feel more like a homework assignment, and less like a recreational activity.

At the very least allow players to unlock the content they pay for after gaining a certain amount of EXP points. You know, the way content used to be unlocked before assignments came along. Assignments can be used as a way to unlock content faster, but after a certain amount of EXP is earned the content should be unlocked regardless if the assignment has been completed or not.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do not have the time to go through them all but for every challenge I think the designer shall ask these questions:

* Is this doable in a sensible way without medium to large amount of luck (or exploitation like for example destroying 'vehicles' such as mortars)? So the infamous vehicle K-bullet part from that scout medal, taking out vehicles with HE grenades and mortars are typically bad ideas. So are challenges that require equipment that are basically dealt out randomly like weapons build by puzzle pieces.

* Is the assignment within character of the class? For example A multi-kill as I saw for the Medic class assignment is not within character for medics really. It can be done and is not particular hard if you equip rifle grenades but it is not a significative medic thing. Destruction and explosives normally attributed to a multi-kill is typically attributes of the assault and support class.

I know this kind of 'rules' sets a narrower window for the assignments for each class but I personally think it is a better thing to keep the class specific assignment to be about doing a good job within the class and its main purpose to be on the battlefield. A medic veteran shall be a bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ medic person and not an expert in destruction.
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    kniphtee wrote: »
    1 Storm the Doors
    Challenge #2 Destroy 2 vehicles with Anti-Tank Grenades - will the nades stop bouncing off the vehicles?
    Challenge #4 As an Assault, bayonet charge 5 different enemies - hate bayonetting, it's a cheap tactic
    2 Selfless Courage
    Challenge #1 Heal 20 different allies - different as in heal 20 of the 31 other players in conquest?
    Challenge #2 Revive 15 different allies - what does different mean?
    3 Supporting the Support
    Challenge #1 Resupply 20 different allies - the different word again?
    Challenge #2 Repair vehicles for a total of 300 damage - not sure what this means either
    Challenge #5 As a Support, suppress 10 different enemies - so is this suppression assists?
    4 Eye on the Prize
    Challenge #3 Kill an enemy that has just killed a teammate - avenger kill, just make it avenger ribbon?
    Challenge #5 As a Squad Leader, place 5 orders in a round - typically I do NOT want scouts to be squad leaders
    5 Omniverous Palate
    Challenge #2 Perform 10 kills with Tanks - I don't use vehicles
    Challenge #3 Deal a total of 400 damage to vehicles - what is 400 dmg?
    5a Leading from the Front (Basic)
    Challenge #6 Earn 1 Weekly Medal - the medal system is still broken and I rarely pay attention to it
    Challenge #3 Perform 50 kills with Stationary Weapons - not a fan of this and need support to repair
    6a Dependable (Basic)
    Challenge #1 Perform 5 Suppression Assist kills - confused what this means?
    Challenge #2 Perform 10 kills with the Mortar - Air - really? Airburst is cheaper than bayonetting.
    Challenge #4 In a Round, repair vehicles for 800 damage - this sounds tough
    Challenge #5 Destroy 10 tanks with the Crossbow Launcher - HE - last hit for the kill with the HE version - luck here. 6b Dependable (Veteran)
    Challenge #1 Perform 50 kills with the Perino Model 1908 Low Weight - coming out with the DLC?
    Challenge #2 Destroy 25 Armored Cars with Limpet Mines - not enough cars to begin with let alone limpy k's
    Challenge #5 In a single life, perform 5 kills as an Elite Class - don't use them in fact I might have 5 kills or less with 400 hours of gameplay
    Challenge #6 Perform 50 kills whilst on horseback - don't use them either and have no idea what these last two challenges have to do with the support class
    7a Healing Hands (Basic)
    Challenge #1 Heal 10 different squad members - what does diff mean?
    Challenge #2 Revive 10 different squad members - ditto above note
    Challenge #5 Perform 5 kills with the Medical Syringe - really? More cheap stuff (NOT Jeep stuff) maybe have 100 kills with the Kolibri next? Trolling schtuff (mixture of s**t and stuff) and I don't dig it.
    Challenge #3 Destroy 25 vehicles with Rifle Grenades HE - more lucky shots with HE variations of exploitable junk.
    Challenge #6 As a Medic, perform 50 kills with Gas Grenades - nothing says healing hands like death by hands off gas
    8a Eagle Eye (Basic)
    Challenge #1 Perform 10 Spot Assist kills - not sure what this means? If it's just spotting then it needs fixed in the game since the mechanic sort of works sometimes and other times i'm breaking the controller (xbone)
    Challenge #3 Perform 5 Squad Spot Assist kills - so this is just squad mates
    Challenge #5 Achieve 3 Spot Assist kills using Flares - and this is only by the flare
    Challenge #6 Kill 3 enemy Elites with K Bullets - these are for vehicles, elites and the like not general infy - or when I run out of ammo - seems kind of silly to waste them instead of helping your team get rid of tanks - wait do tank destructions count as K kills?
    8b Eagle Eye (Veteran)
    Challenge #3 Kill 20 different enemies with Tripwire Bombs - here's that different thing again
    Challenge #4 Perform 50 kills with the Lebel Model 1886 Sniper - only use infy, marksman and carbine variants
    Challenge #5 Win 10 games of Domination - because snipers are really good on Domination, typically
    Challenge #6 Headshot a Pilot with any single-action Rifle - some luck, some skill at least there are more shots going at the planes and the little glowing orbs of death
    9 Vehicular Chaos
    Challenge #1 Perform 15 road kills - trolling, don't use them
    Challenge #2 Down 25 planes using Stationary Weapons - or these
    Challenge #3 Perform 35 kills with the Cavalry lance - no horses either
    Challenge #4 Perform 45 kills whilst using any tank - think I've rode in a few
    Challenge #5 Perform 50 kills whilst using any plane - my team probably wouldn't want me in a plane
    Challenge #6 Perform 50 Driver Assist kills - the vehicle assts are way different from past games
    10 It's Where you Stand
    Challenge #1 Destroy 10 Tanks on Amiens - only on Amiens? Tankers will never play the map and if these come out with the Tsar DLC then very few people will be playing the Vanilla maps to begin with.
    Challenge #2 Perform 25 Melee kills on Argonne Forest - wait, bring a knife (fav. melee weapon here) to shotgun forest? And only the forest, great people are going to set up melee only servers for Argonne, super.
    Challenge #3 Perform 100 Shotgun Kills on Ballroom Blitz - more map-centric assignments.
    Challenge #4 Perform 5 Multi-kills on Monte Grappa - large open map with bombers, well pilots will get this no prob.
    Challenge #5 Perform 50 Headshots on Nivelle Nights - DLC map, glad i'm premium for some reason
    Challenge #6 Kill 25 enemies with debris - luck, happenstance and maybes - the game has got to hone the basic fundamentals of action, hit reg, the ping game, etc. and moving around the debris and now we have to watch out for it killing us - absolutely superb...buildings are now your enemy, heeeheee
    11 Modal Yodel
    Challenge #2 Perform 50 kills from Behemoths - don't do them either, it's an FPS and vehicles are groovy for those who do them but elites, cavalry, behemoths and all that are blah - don't do them
    12 It's in the Game - really? EA, it's in the game...ad here, bring back EA BIG and SSX2 or SSX3?
    Challenge #1 Take 10 dogtags from enemies - melee is wonky enough and most of the time I feel like I cheated someone or they cheated me - either way it's just meh.
    Challenge #2 Perform 100 kills with Elite Kits - probably not
    Challenge #3 Bayonet Charge 50 enemies - cheap mechanic
    Challenge #4 Perform 40 kills with Explosives - 1 round Fort de Nade - DLC, sorry
    Challenge #5 Obtain 5 kills with the Sawtooth Knife - unlock it first, good luck with those battlepacks - randomness

My thoughts, everyone should let their voice be heard, i'll check out the specializations if they work on the xbone, last I checked the new dlc weapons were not and neither were these. ttfn.

I see nothing but negativity here.

Wasn't meaning to be negative and i'm glad DICE is adding things into the game, wish these things were in at launch but so be it.
    Many of the points are in regards to team play and what a player could be doing more functional for ptfo'ing.
    As far as the no elites, vehicles, behemoth, horses, bayonetting, etc. - that's my preference and those things don't interest me - infy play.
    For instance, I play medic the std method - syringes and med bags due to my playstyle from way back and the dmr style of guns with 5 or 6 rounds aren't like previous titles of medic having the arguably best guns so I play more of the supporting role and not the grenadier, using the rifle nade is simply removing something I could be helping my team with as in recovering health quicker and revives - there seems to be plenty of nades in the game so having more from rifle nades seems unnecessary - my opinion.
    Similar, I use limpet and ammo crates to help refuel my team with ammo and the limpy to take down vehicles and buildings with enemies - to run with a limpy and crossbow seems rather silly to me, but that's my opinion - I mean they are generically called ammo guy so not having ammo is a farce.
    What is negative? If my jibing on challenges 9-12 is the topic then the points seem valid with some humor in there, nothing more.
  • NoRazorHere
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately, I think most of these assignments actually will make BF1 a worse experience, as they foster kill-centered, non-PTFO oriented play styles. Also, many of the assignments for class-specific awards do have nothing related to the class being rewarded.

For example, look at "10 It's Where you Stand" for the Stimulant Syringe (which is actually a quite cool addition to the Medic class, BTW): what do
    • Challenge #1 Destroy 10 Tanks on Amiens
    • Challenge #2 Perform 25 Melee kills on Argonne Forest
    • Challenge #3 Perform 100 Shotgun Kills on Ballroom Blitz
    • Challenge #4 Perform 5 Multi-kills on Monte Grappa
    • Challenge #5 Perform 50 Headshots on Nivelle Nights
    • Challenge #6 Kill 25 enemies with debris
    have in common with the medic class?

For a challenge system to be incentive and motivating, I think at least some simple logical rules should be followed:
    1. Challenges with general (not class specific) rewards should be achievable with every class. This currently is not the case.
    2. Challenges with a class-specific reward (see above) should encourage PTFO-oriented, team/squad oriented game play. This, with a few exceptions, is currently not the case (see above, and most other examples). I.e., for a scout reward, play "well" as scout, for a medic reward, play "well" as medic, and so on...
    3. Challenges should be, em, that - a challenge, but achievable by skill and perseverance, but not by sheer luck alone.
    4. Challenges should still be achievable in a reasonable amount of time (otherwise they aren't motivating at all...).
    5. Challenges shouldn't be pure kill grind - for me (and I hope many others) the enjoyment of BF1 is not pure kill/KD centered play, but playing together with others, in a team-oriented spirit.

So, for a motivating and fostering good game play challenge system I would like to see building blocks as the following:
    • Perform XXX class specific activities (heals, revives, supplies, spot assists, ...) on team/squad members.
    • Perform XXX objective oriented activities (defense, conquer, follow orders, give orders and have them followed,...)
    • Perform XXX squad oriented activities (squad kill assists, squad heals, squad savior kills,...)
    • Earn XXXXX team support points / points as class.
    and so on...

Yes, some of the challenges are already PTFO/team supporting, even if so in a wider sense: e.g. "Destroy 10 Tanks on Amiens" actually is team supporting (getting rid of a major annoyance), but how on earth does getting 25 Melee kills on Argonne Forest benefit the team?

Please, take this idea back to the drawing board!
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You Guys should put Teamwork and PTFO as challenges and not strange stuff.

A Medic should always about revive and heal and not running around with a rigfle grenade to kill.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Most of those are just heavy grind for sake of heavy grind. Starter grinds make no sense at all as most of the players already got lvl 50 for each class so there should be at least different types of rewards not just 50K XP for a specific class.
    Also, "destroying 10 tanks with crossbow nades" and "Obtain 5 kills with sawtooth knife' are a bit too much as I think I've got like 2 vehicles destructions with crossbow and not many people around managed to build sawtooth knife. Those ones have to be adjusted to be more reasonable.
    Edit: I'm sure any kind of dlc or assignment weapon or map shouldn't be involved with these unlocks as specializations aren't tied to dlc content so every player should be able to obtain them.

Its not that theyre hard, but they're grind for the sake of grind. I can destroy a tank with the xbow or rifle he grenades. However, im not gonna gimp myself for having a gadget soley for a slim chance a tank i come across will have enough damage for me to take ot out.

Same with the limpet on armored cars. If armpred cars were not used as taxis and were a viable threat and not abandoned after they get to a flag, id go after them and use a limpet on destroying them. But theyre not. Theyre taxis and im not gonna go out of my way to destroy 25 of them with a limpet. Its stupid grind for the sake of grind.

It was exactly what I said. These assignments are going to be a chore with a reward which won't be worth the time for most of those. Some crybabies asked for gigantic amount fo grind as they are bored playing the game and Dice listened for some reason. Now we're getting the unending grindfest. Congratulations!

Yeah, but this is all optional, isn't it? So for example, if someone is already maxed out with everything, but they keep playing anyways, couldn't they just ignore all this and keep on keepin on?

Well... you get these fresh and new specializations and some of those could be useful like medic ones. But all of them require not only hours and hours of grind but also luck which kinds ruins it and forces people to do stupid things in order to unlock them.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In regards to how they unlock/when you complete each challenge:

Sound and visual is okay but you need to move the award event to the left. Taking over the flag cap HUD just like the ribbons is a big no no

It can also obscure your view because of the giant icon that pops up to!

Top left hand corner; it's unused and doesn't get in the way
  • jrmpt
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't understand why I need to pay for the content twice. 1st with money for the premium/dlc and a 2nd with time/frustration.

I played on the PC a total of 8 days, mainly in conquest from which: 4d on medic healing/reviving team, 1d supporting and 1d taking care of enemy armor. I've 43 minutes total of game play in tanks and 20 minutes on planes.

Lets see the assignments (only the ones that I care):

Challenge #2 Destroy 25 vehicles with Anti-Tank Mines (frustration. I did this for the hellriegel and i hated)
    Challenge #3 Perform 50 kills with Stationary Weapons (assault job is to rush and take enemy armor, not to camp stationary)
    Challenge #4 Score 15000 points in a round (not all of us are gifted)
    Assault - Juggernaut

6a Dependable (Basic)
    Challenge #2 Perform 10 kills with the Mortar - Air (sorry, I support with ammo and wrench. In 8d of gameplay I've 8 kills with this)
    Challenge #4 In a Round, repair vehicles for 800 damage (to much)
    Challenge #5 Destroy 10 tanks with the Crossbow Launcher - HE (read 6a challenge #2)
    Generic - Inconspicuous <
    game breaking

Challenge #3 Destroy 25 vehicles with Rifle Grenades HE (don't run this. Assaults should take care of armor. Medic job is heal/revive)
    Challenge #6 As a Medic, perform 50 kills with Gas Grenades (hate them, in 8 days of game play I've 4 kills with this)
    Medic - Concealed Rescue

All the ones below are ridiculous- I play medic, mid-range.
    10 It's Where you Stand
    Challenge #1 Destroy 10 Tanks on Amiens
    Challenge #2 Perform 25 Melee kills on Argonne Forest
    Challenge #3 Perform 100 Shotgun Kills on Ballroom Blitz
    Challenge #4 Perform 5 Multi-kills on Monte Grappa
    Challenge #5 Perform 50 Headshots on Nivelle Nights
    Challenge #6 Kill 25 enemies with debris
    Medic - Stimulant Syringe

Dear devs, would you buy the dlc when you cant access the content besides the maps? I want to play as I want, the class that I like (ptfo medic) with my preferred weapons. In the few cases that I need to play other class, because the squad need it, I want to use the better tools for the job.

Btw, the 'I' can be replaced with many 'WE'
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If too many people keep complaining about having to unlock stuff, there won't be anything left to play for. Or all the best stuff will just be available from the get go.
    Why would anyone want such a lame structure? "Here ya go, all these weapons without effort." Congrats!
    Really though. If you want a particular gun, fulfill the requirements for it. It's a game, not a job. If it stops being fun, stop playing.
  • Forkbeard84
    1857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If too many people keep complaining about having to unlock stuff, there won't be anything left to play for. Or all the best stuff will just be available from the get go.
    Why would anyone want such a lame structure? "Here ya go, all these weapons without effort." Congrats!
    Really though. If you want a particular gun, fulfill the requirements for it. It's a game, not a job. If it stops being fun, stop playing.

This is the result of our "everyone gets a participation trophy" society. Nobody wants to earn anything anymore.
  • rock1obsta

This is the result of our "everyone gets a participation trophy" society. Nobody wants to earn anything anymore.

I agree. Some people are under the mistaken impression that since they paid for the game/premium, that the weapons should be automatically unlocked for them.
    They couldn't be more mistaken, but somehow, in their heads, they're right.
    Even though they're absolutely wrong.
  • iano1978
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some people are under the mistaken impression that since they paid for the game/premium, that the weapons should be automatically unlocked for them.

These assignments are not about unlocking weapons, they are for unlocking perks.

I think the point trying to made above is that EA/DICE advertise the premium pass to include:

14 Battlepacks
    Two week early access
    New Maps
    New Weapons

Doesn't really say anything about unlocking new weapons, and that's what seems to be annoying a few community members.

People Youtubers have wanted progression in BF1 and DICE have responded. It may not be right but it is technically progression.

• crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ^ and let's not forget the St Chammond and crossbow didn't require unlocks

~

I personally have no issue with the challenges (just annoyed at the grind)

But I know the average casual joe isn't gonna have a great time; there needs to be a mean assignment level that's fair on everyone.

If people want challenge (why not create their own?) and grind Dice could make premium challenges like in bf4 with a dogtag reward
  • iano1978
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    But I know the average casual joe isn't gonna have a great time; there needs to be a mean assignment level that's fair on everyone.

Exactly. And anything that increases the skill gap between good and bad players is not the way to go.

• crabman169
    iano1978 wrote: »
    crabman169 wrote: »

Exactly. And anything that increases the skill gap between good and bad players is not the way to go.

And it also effects the team effort of the game.

ITNOTT will see medics with HE rifle nades attacking tanks, supports glued to the skies, scouts attacking medics with k bullets and assaults camping corners telling themselves they're pro...

Just like when the new rank 10 variants showed up

Bayonet chargers everywhere
    Limpets going off on everything
    Rifle grenades firing 24/7
    The ground turning to AT mines
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Some people are under the mistaken impression that since they paid for the game/premium, that the weapons should be automatically unlocked for them.

These assignments are not about unlocking weapons, they are for unlocking perks.

I think the point trying to made above is that EA/DICE advertise the premium pass to include:

14 Battlepacks
    Two week early access
    New Maps
    New Weapons

Doesn't really say anything about unlocking new weapons, and that's what seems to be annoying a few community members.

People Youtubers have wanted progression in BF1 and DICE have responded. It may not be right but it is technically progression.

That's kind of funny - the battlepacks are random so what we're getting is a lottery ticket with maybe better odds, the early access is CTE since premium is a botch, the new maps are youtuber specials for their view counts since by the time the rest of us get the new maps they've already been around for a month or more on CTE and all over youtube, new weapons header doesn't say they are just giving them to us but that they are available and like the previous notes on youtubers, we've already seen the guns and the skins...seems like typical EA stuff to me. I play for the fun of it to break up the monotony of day to day life not to unlock everything, k/d or any other stat. I go through most of the guns getting a few hundred kills and move on to the next. Let them put whatever challenges they'd like in - they'll see from their stat gathering what people will do or not and since we already paid for whichever version - say thank you or post hate mail.
  • rock1obsta

14 Battlepacks
    Two week early access
    New Maps
    New Weapons

There are new weapons though. They just need to be unlocked.
    Besides, it's the maps that are the selling point (for me at least). Nobody in their right mind would pay the xtra loot just to access the chance to earn weapons.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I agree. Some people are under the mistaken impression that since they paid for the game/premium, that the weapons should be automatically unlocked for them.
    They couldn't be more mistaken, but somehow, in their heads, they're right.
    Even though they're absolutely wrong.

False. I despise participation trophies and I don't want to unlock assignments.