Are behemoths weak or is it the players fault?

dj4047
459 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Just looking for opinions from other players. I guess it is a combination of both but to me behemoths need some work. The airship is so slow and such a big target a team can literally destroy it within 5 minutes. It would also help if players would take out the AA guns and not let them unload on the airship. I know you have to have balance so the behemoths arent overpowered it just feels like they are worthless other than farming a few kills. Opinions? What would you change?

Comments

• dj4047
    459 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im rarely in the behemoths so I dont really know how they work but ive noticed they dont last but a few minutes. The Char2c is the only behemoth that makes it for any length of time.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You give something to a team that is being dominated that's only weakness is if the enemy team is dominating. Hhhmmmmmm
  • realkelach
    245 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Neither the strength or players are the problem. The behemoth is strong enough, but having so many players in them and not on objectives does not help pull it back at all. I have never once seen a team pull it back after he behemoth comes into play. It would be better to give sentry or more tanks then there is a chance.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    The behemoths were balanced around the Beta version of the conquest system where flags mattered, and having heavy fire power that could clear a cap or even cap a position in itself was an incredibly powerful weapon, but now flags don't matter and the team losing has no real way to comeback anyway so players just jump into them and farm kills to pad their KDR before it blows up. Sad really, behemoths were a really cool idea that was killed off by idiot twitch streamers and youtubers.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The zeppelin is just a glorified pinata, it has never swung a match I've been in, the rest can be useful.
  • 1SuperstarNisho
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In Operations, I have noticed the Airship loses 25-30% of health even BEFORE it reaches the first objective. Not the player's fault there.

In Conquest, it feels more of the player's fault. I have seen players trying to camp at the enemy base waiting for the tank to roll out, and one time on Monte Grappa where the airship totally LEFT the map.. literally reversed out right after spawning in. I found the later case more funny then infuriating.

Since the armored train has a fixed path, there is not much the player can do in either game mode.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Instead of behemoths, no planes should spawn until the losing team is losing by 300 tickets, then they should get planes (which are OP by the way)
  • astraussdc
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They can help capture a single set of points in Operations sometimes, getting the team unstuck, but are pretty useless overall in Conquest. The blimp is pretty weak IMO given that people now realize you can shoot people out of the guns as snipers. Spawning in one is practically an instant death sentence now.
  • Zahgan85
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Honestly it's the players fault. This is a team oriented game and needs the team to help protect the behemoths. Too many times I would be in a train and none of the gunners are trying to hit the 15 assaults that are right there rocket gunning them. Sometimes they don't shoot or they are too busy trying to get sniper kills. Also team mates outside the train don't try to kill the assaults destroying the train.

With the airship the gunners and planes should be targeting the AA guns and other planes. The driver should be trying to cap objectives while trying to take out tanks in the objectives.

With the dreadnaught team boats should help protect it from other boats and the AA cannons should protect it from bombers.

Like I said it's a team oriented game but hardly anyone wants to play as a team. For them it's only about their kills and points for capping objectives. If everyone is doing the same thing and not thinking strategically they are gonna lose and the bohemoth is going down fast
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The problem with the behemoths is that for something that is supposed to swing the tide of battle, they rarely do. If you have a team that is losing by hundreds of tickets, a behemoth isn't going to help them turn lemons into lemonade. They got in that position because they either couldn't or wouldn't bother with capturing flags. A huge target in the sky or sea isn't going to help them when they act as explosive magnets, and the train can only influence a negligible number of flags on the map. Combine that with players who either don't know or don't care to use the behemoth effectively and you'll have a meaningless gimmick that takes up between four and six people who could be more effective on the ground in most cases.
  • Iamaforkead
    483 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Behemoths are a joke and when your team is losing, either your going to win or lose.
    when losing, the muppett enemy gets more planes.
    go figure that one out.

• rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's the players. Anytime something isn't used to it's full potential, it's always the players fault. Either they just don't know what they're doing, or they don't care.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    It's the players. Anytime something isn't used to it's full potential, it's always the players fault. Either they just don't know what they're doing, or they don't care.

This.

Behemoths are huge assets if used properly to encourage comebacks. And they do lead to comebacks.
  • MrJayPee71
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ... with a skilled driver, yes I agree. Most players (myself included) probably don't understand how to use them, maybe even drive them because they spawn in as driver so rarely. I have 200 hours or so in the game and have driven the blimp once(none of the others). It turned out badly as you could expect.

With no way the practice except in game when you are already losing, it's a steep learning curve. I avoid them for the most part now.

• olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is different on different maps I'd say. On some maps they can make a difference and on some they cannot. Then it is up to the people on those that they can of course. Here are some typical scenarios:

1) Losing team is a much worse team and then the behemoth will come early but the team is just not good enough even if they'd get some ace behemoth drivers.

2) The teams are actually fairly even but one team gets an upper hand by better distribution of the team over the map (random coordination is better if you will). Problem is often then that the behemoth will come late in the game and the BF1 ticket count model makes a comeback late in the game hard.

3) As 2) but the losing team was actually a set of better players with some 'bad luck' initially (or some bad stat padder players quit and you get some scarred veterans into the team instead). This is the only game that has a good chance of a comeback if the end of the game ends by a stomp from the team that was losing in the beginning. Whether the behemoth is that much involved/needed can be debated here though.
  • Skill4Reel
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    It is always the player's fault. How can a team of people that already aren't using the weapons, gadgets, and vehicles that they have to maintain dominant map control, or at least control enough of the objectives to keep the score close be trusted with an even more powerful weapon/vehicle? Of course these players don't know what to do with the behemoth because they already don't know how to keep their team in the match in the first place.

Also most teams that get the behemoths are so terrible that removing five players from the battlefield on a team that is already struggling to hold objectives so that they can be in that vehicle makes the team even worse. Mainly because there are even less people playing the objectives now that those five are in the behemoth than before. Which is the reason why they are losing in the first place.

• ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zahgan85 wrote: »
    Honestly it's the players fault. This is a team oriented game and needs the team to help protect the behemoths. Too many times I would be in a train and none of the gunners are trying to hit the 15 assaults that are right there rocket gunning them. Sometimes they don't shoot or they are too busy trying to get sniper kills. Also team mates outside the train don't try to kill the assaults destroying the train.

With the airship the gunners and planes should be targeting the AA guns and other planes. The driver should be trying to cap objectives while trying to take out tanks in the objectives.

With the dreadnaught team boats should help protect it from other boats and the AA cannons should protect it from bombers.

Like I said it's a team oriented game but hardly anyone wants to play as a team. For them it's only about their kills and points for capping objectives. If everyone is doing the same thing and not thinking strategically they are gonna lose and the bohemoth is going down fast

I get what you are saying but even if a miracle happened and your team helped defend the Behemoth then I'm not sure this would help. Take the train. It takes 5 people to man it (i think!!), and then you probably have 1/3 to 1/2 of the enemy team trying to take it out. This would require the equivelent number of friendlies to try and defend the train, leaving hardly anyone left to try and cap the rest of the flags, bearing in mind you need to cap most of them to stand any chance of a comeback. Same with the Dreadnaught, except the Dreadnaught can't even cap a flag, so you'd have 1/3 of your team in the water not capping the all important flags.

• ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the old conquest scoring system would help the Behemoths. As we know comebacks are nigh on impossible. Yes they do happen but very rarely. The Behemoth is given to the badly losing team and the emphasis is still on this badly losing team to cap all the flags but with less players because of the Behemoth. Now with the old system of needing to hold a majority of flags for points the Behemoth could be very usefull in helping a team to cap and then HOLD 3 out of 5 flags on a map. It could be used more defensively and be more effective. The emphasis is then on the 'winning' team to break down this defence and split their forces between destroying the Behemoth and caping the necessary flags for majority control.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @ninjapenquinuk I agree! I have stated before as a suggestion and I still think we should have that game mode available.