Are we aloud to use Battlefield 4 gameplay on youtube?

wargamer01
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
Legally can we upload battlefield 4 videos to youtube and claim it as our content, as in we recorded the video?

Comments

• NixNB
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    no, unless you want a swat team storming your home.

I once knew a guy who uploaded a BF3 clip to youtube and he was put in prison for 35 years. Without parole.
  • ThievenBalance
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    if it has music in it, music land will steal your revenue if you get any, it includes those songs in the single player missions. If you get 35 years and no parole for uploading just make another video in 35 years telling your life story as a devoted gamer and if ELLEN is still on TV you might get on her show with your uploading experience :)
  • Frogtooth
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Somewhere I once found a written statement from EA that basically said they were ok with folks uploading BF4 video to Youtube. Obviously EVERYBODY does it and EA doesn't issue take-downs. And I gather EA is smart enough (I know, shocking, right?) to not even try to go after ad revenue it generates. They have figured out that free advertising is good for sales.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2016
    Considering EA invites youtubers who post tons of BF4 gameplay on youtube to their exclusive events and pay for their flights , food and lodging, leads me to believe they have no problem with it.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    NixNB wrote: »
    no, unless you want a swat team storming your home.

I once knew a guy who uploaded a BF3 clip to youtube and he was put in prison for 35 years. Without parole.

:)
  • NOVA-GOA
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes you are but not to monetize it. If you do it will get taken down. At least they had issues before and took vids down before because copyright stuff. They seem lax now though.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    FTR it's spelt "allowed".
    And yes you can record and upload BF4 game footage to any video hosting site. Vimeo, Youtube etc.
  • Kermistro
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    you can lol! add me on Battlelog at Kermistro we can record together sometime
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    NOVA-GOA wrote: »
    Yes you are but not to monetize it. If you do it will get taken down. At least they had issues before and took vids down before because copyright stuff. They seem lax now though.

A lot of these youtubers make money from youtube. That money is made because of their popularity which is fueled by the battlefield gameplay commentary and videos they post. How is that not monetizing it, and how are they not shut down?
  • NOVA-GOA
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    NOVA-GOA wrote: »

A lot of these youtubers make money from youtube. That money is made because of their popularity which is fueled by the battlefield gameplay commentary and videos they post. How is that not monetizing it, and how are they not shut down?

running ads with the video i guess i meant to say.
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not until you can spell allowed correctly. jeez this thing even has auto correct....