What Monitor Do You Use?

the_yakuza17
208 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Just curious: What monitor/TV with your PS4 do you use while playing BF1?

Me: PS4 Pro on 55" LG OLED C7 - beautiful picture!

Comments

• FF-Bulletsponge
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I use a Loewe 40" led tv
  • foxmuldertwobob
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    65 inch UHD Hisense being a old fart I need a big screen to see things.
  • the_yakuza17

Yeah, I have a harder time seeing enemies that blend in too (I'm 47). I move up close to the screen when I play BF1 (about five feet away) which seems to help.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    32" Philips 4K something something... actually these big 55-65 inch TVs does gives less overview.... your eyes have to "travel" more across the screen to see everything...
  • bmatazz
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As big as I can get getting old and can't see Fick all
  • BluntObjctOfHate
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm old as dirt and I play on a 24 in. HP ISP Monitor .
  • doomdrivr
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    65" LG OLED 4k with a PS4 Pro. The colors and lines are definitely clean and sometimes I'm amazed at the small details as I'm running around. Like dA_9_eL_81 said it does take more travel time for a view of the whole screen but I wouldn't give it up for a second.
  • 1080pbird
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    LG OLED 55EF9500 looking forward to HDR support
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BenQ 24" RL Series monitor. Playing FPS on a TV is not something I would do.
  • tytlyf33
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yakuzq17 wrote: »

Yeah, I have a harder time seeing enemies that blend in too (I'm 47). I move up close to the screen when I play BF1 (about five feet away) which seems to help.
    You should lower the FOV slider to see enemies better. A wider field of view will make objects in the center further away and smaller.
  • 1080pbird
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

You don't get any benefit from using a monitor over a tv with a console do you? Maybe a little less input lag. You probably sit closer I guess? You're definitely not benefitting from the higher refresh rate of the monitor.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1080pbird wrote: »

You don't get any benefit from using a monitor over a tv with a console do you? Maybe a little less input lag. You probably sit closer I guess? You're definitely not benefitting from the higher refresh rate of the monitor.

It's obvious, performance and comfort.
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

BenQ Zowie RL2460 24 Inch? That's the one I use
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

A little less, its a massive difference for me. Apparently we can notice a difference with anything over 50ms, only the very best tvs on the market can get below this, and they have to be in game mode
  • 19lee78
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    50" samsung plasma tv. I sit about 5 foott away from it when I play games. Eyes aint what they used to be. If I sit on the couch i'm 10 foot away which means I miss the slightest hint an enemy is there.
  • sfreeman73
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Epson HD projector onto a 110" screen for me I'll never go back to a TV again
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    24 asus gaming thing, I don't know how you play on 40 plus screens I can't follow the action quick enough.
  • 1080pbird

A little less, its a massive difference for me. Apparently we can notice a difference with anything over 50ms, only the very best tvs on the market can get below this, and they have to be in game mode [/quote]

That's not true at all. Most 2016 and pretty much all 2017 tvs are way below 50ms
  • the_yakuza17

A little less, its a massive difference for me. Apparently we can notice a difference with anything over 50ms, only the very best tvs on the market can get below this, and they have to be in game mode

That's not true at all. Most 2016 and pretty much all 2017 tvs are way below 50ms[/quote]

My LG OLED C7's response time is advertised as 21ms but that is in "game mode" - but why would I play a video game in any other mode?