Trench Fighter Nerfed?

jdoubleyou66
27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
anyone else having issues with the trench fighter plane since this update today?

There is nothing in the details about a nerf to the TF. but something is off with it. Every ground kill is late. i mean at least a few seconds late to register.

also it seems much more difficult to get a ground kill today than ever before. well at least since they screwed it up in the spring update that is.

i am a dedicated pilot. that is the only part of this game i still find to be fun. everything else is just the same old boring thing over and over. so trust me when i say the TF is different. im just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

Comments

• Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I noticed the same on CTE, kept missing like with 90% of darts, even though should've been clear hits. Just horrible. And the delayed damage, what's that about.
  • x187Methodz-
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They are broken from what I can tell. The kills are delayed by a lot and people can move before the explosion can even register. Hopefully it's just something with the coding and not a super nerf.
  • trip1ex
    5332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd guess a bug if true because if anything it should have had a small buff because rarely used now due to the big nerf.
  • gsenjou1193
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, I posted about the same thing earlier, the darts' detonation seems to be delayed or something. Feels weird, and hitting moving targets is nigh impossible.
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seems like the darts don't explode right away. Instead they blow up a few seconds late after they hit the ground and give us very late kills. Some times I've had kills pop up as much as 3-5 seconds late. Something weird going on here. Maybe a nerf to let infantry dodge the dart and not get full hit on them if they are moving...
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If anything it needed a slight buff. They went way overboard on the last nerf.
  • MammiBoo
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another hidden nerf?? I thought I missed my targets after dropping darts on their heads, just to get kills several seconds later.

So after nerfing splash damage now we have a delay timer??
  • Tweldenza
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Yeah... I hope this is just a bug or something...
    The darts were already weak after the previous nerfs... and you needed good aim to make even one kill... Multikills were only possible if they stood almost on top of each other.
    Now it's nearly impossible to kill moving targets... If this nerf is intended than they really wanted to kill the loadout.
    So Bomber Killer is the only way to go now or what?
    If that was your intention EA than simply remove the Trench fighter and don't **** with us...
    Why nerfing the Trench Fighter kit, which only the hardcore fans of this loadout still play, while leaving the Attack Plane which is making these crazy 70-0 stats now?
  • KorpusDraige
    2398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's probably a glitch guys, this isn't DICE's first time messing up air vehicles through a patch. I can recall multiple issues. I'm sure they'll fix it in an upcoming patch once they acknowledge it.
  • Tweldenza
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I looked around in the forum a bit...
    Since some Shotguns seem to have problems with shots not registering, it might be something bigger than just Air Vehicles... Calms my mind to some extend, since it rises the possibility of just being a bug...

I simply hope you're right KorpusDraige.
  • KorpusDraige
    2398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tweldenza wrote: »
    I looked around in the forum a bit...
    Since some Shotguns seem to have problems with shots not registering, it might be something bigger than just Air Vehicles... Calms my mind to some extend, since it rises the possibility of just being a bug...

I simply hope you're right KorpusDraige.

As bad as this glitch sounds.... Back on BF4, when they did new grass/tree physics, they broke the jets. Trying to shoot another jet with your jet with your main guns did NO damage at high altitudes (lock ons from stingers still worked). We had to put up with that for about 6 months haha. So as bad as this sounds, it's not nearly as bad as that.
  • jdoubleyou66
    Tweldenza wrote: »
    Yeah... I hope this is just a bug or something...
    The darts were already weak after the previous nerfs... and you needed good aim to make even one kill... Multikills were only possible if they stood almost on top of each other.
    Now it's nearly impossible to kill moving targets... If this nerf is intended than they really wanted to kill the loadout.
    So Bomber Killer is the only way to go now or what?
    If that was your intention EA than simply remove the Trench fighter and don't **** with us...
    Why nerfing the Trench Fighter kit, which only the hardcore fans of this loadout still play, while leaving the Attack Plane which is making these crazy 70-0 stats now?

from the way they keep screwing with the TF it seems like they want to remove it all together. fewer people are using it now a days. Honestly though i dont think it is a glitch. I think it is a hidden nerf that dice didnt make public. the delayed kill is not the only thing off that i have noticed..
  • c_wong428HK
    59 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Oddly enough I have been able to get more consistent multi kills with them again, so go figure.
  • General986
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Its not a nerf I guess, cause the new heavy bomber uses also the darts and for him it would be impossible to make direct hits with the darts (to slow). So I think dice changed the concept of the darts. Now it feels like the darts make damage over time.
  • gsenjou1193
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    General986 wrote: »
    Its not a nerf I guess, cause the new heavy bomber uses also the darts and for him it would be impossible to make direct hits with the darts (to slow). So I think dice changed the concept of the darts. Now it feels like the darts make damage over time.

Really hope this isn't the case, because that completely ruins the Trench Fighter.
  • trm6
    278 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yea the darts are made of plastic now :( RIP TF.
  • Buick72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most likely a bug related to the shotguns and canister shots being broken since the patch. All scatter shot projectiles seemed to be randomly not registering or doing damage. Supposedly it's fixed as of this morning though
  • TheBimmerMan
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2017
    Not sure how to embed a video but this link takes you to a video demonstrating this bug.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/THE BIMMER MAN/video/35583711
  • DigitalHype
    834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Buick72 wrote: »
    Most likely a bug related to the shotguns and canister shots being broken since the patch. All scatter shot projectiles seemed to be randomly not registering or doing damage. Supposedly it's fixed as of this morning though

Fixed in production, or test environment? I didn't see a client update.
  • jdoubleyou66
    Buick72 wrote: »

Fixed in production, or test environment? I didn't see a client update.

what was fixed? i have not noticed any change at all.