Lupkow is a terrible Conquest map (give us transport).

Comments

• bran1986
    5646 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    too big. give me some snowmobiles.

I actually suggested this in the cte subreddit.
  • bran1986
    5646 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The fact is, vehicles will be hard to drive in this map. It's a hilly, snowy, forest driving a tank or something like that would just get you stuck or probably fall off a cliff to a point it'll explode.

My point is, there's just not enough space to even have vehicles in it.

They should make transport planes in which players can spawn and jump out off with their parachute. The pilot should get points for it as long as it is in the air for every infantry drop that makes the ground alive. This way the players can spawn at other places and sometimes avoid the long walk distances. And it would be great fun having a transport/paradrop plane. The other team must do their best to take the plane down asap to prevent enemy drops/spawns. Both teams should get such plane. Maybe for other maps to, to enrich gameplay?

You can do this with the new bomber.
  • trip1ex
    4686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    You don't have to like the map day 1 but doesn't mean the map is bad or too big etc.
  • Trokey66
    8242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played perhaps 3 rounds last night with mates on a terrible team. From what I experienced, it's a canny map and didn't really experience the negatives talked about in this thread but early days.

Oh, and was top squad in 2 of those rounds......
  • Denisa_Rowen
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    did few rounds and after that, I found it most boting
    mainly because the team who holds the sky in the beginning can easily cap all flags and hold position afterwards
    with aa most of the time destroyed and campers everywhere.....yeah, not for me :(
  • 187Bear
    578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    Like others have said just way too non-PTFO friendly. If you like playing the objective, you're going to be frustrated with snipers, bombers and other campers playing this map.
  • bleachee
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Part of the problem is so many of the flags are low ground surrounded by high ground, which makes PTFO players fish in a barrel for the snipers hiding in the high ground. It's also extremely difficult to detect snipers among all the crags and shrubbery. I was capping F last night and I was taking sniper fire from almost every direction simultaneously. Also the lack of AA is a problem. I spent one match countering attack planes with an MG15 suppressive. I was never able to deal a killing blow. The planes could simply turn out of sight, repair and attack again. Wash, rinse, repeat.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just joined a random match. Score 375 to 1000. 11 flags versus 17 capped.

The next game in line was setting up to be some horribly imbalanced average rank 60 vs 80 affair with 24 players on side, and more quitting, with a full lineup on the other one.

This is compound by the fact that the Russian side has to run for a country mile to get to the first base. It's ridiculous. This map needs help.

Look, I can safely say if you are winning on this map it might not be that bad as you camp all day and hold positions.

When I actually play a balanced, decent game I will get back to you. But so far that isn't happening.

Russian side seems horrible IMO.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1795 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's one of those maps where if your team is doing badly it's no fun at all. On most other maps even whilst losing its still fun and you can personally have a good round. On this map is just a grind of losing badly
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One could be fooled into thinking Lupkow is the Polish word for sniper.
  • stans_laurel
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Personally will not be going back to it. You can't beat maps like Ballroom Blitz. I've not enjoyed much of the DLC. So far the stock maps have been far better than any of the new maps. I feel paying for premium access was a waste of my money.
  • boutneus
    2456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My biggest complaint is the planes and not having AA guns on BOTH sides of the map. If they control the side with the AAs prepare for some air rampage ( I'll use the nice word here)
  • Skill4Reel
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It's one of those maps where if your team is doing badly it's no fun at all. On most other maps even whilst losing its still fun and you can personally have a good round. On this map is just a grind of losing badly

This makes no sense to me. All maps in any Battlefield game that I have played over the past ten tears are a grind when it is obvious my team has no chance to win. I don't see how this is in any way exclusive to this map, or DLC maps in general. Crappy players that don't put up any kind of fight for objective control while they sit around and hide the entire match suck the life and the fun out of this game, and it doesn't matter what the design of the map is.

• trip1ex
    4686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Just joined a random match. Score 375 to 1000. 11 flags versus 17 capped.

The next game in line was setting up to be some horribly imbalanced average rank 60 vs 80 affair with 24 players on side, and more quitting, with a full lineup on the other one.

This is compound by the fact that the Russian side has to run for a country mile to get to the first base. It's ridiculous. This map needs help.

Look, I can safely say if you are winning on this map it might not be that bad as you camp all day and hold positions.

When I actually play a balanced, decent game I will get back to you. But so far that isn't happening.

Russian side seems horrible IMO.

lol. I can safely say you're confusing mismatched teams with bad maps.
  • LoneGunman74
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Horrible infantry-only map, unless you are a sniper, then it's a dream come true. I played it a few times and am not impressed. Players just camp and snipe to get kills without playing the objective. Stupid.
  • StealthKingGG
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There are that new tanks on flag at A so might be they will add them later or not
  • MilwArchGuy
    115 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've played a few games on it and don't find it very enjoyable. Scenery is still awesome but half the people on there it seems are just lone snipers camping on some hill. Which is bad because vehicles are pretty dismal. You get horses, that's it, with hardly any room to use them, good luck not getting them stuck on a 1 foot tall rock if you go off the paths. Oh, there are planes too....with absolutely no room to use them, you strafe the ground, pull up and you're at the edge of the map already. So you have to turn, circle the entire map just to get another shot off. All the while half your team is spread out in no-mans-land either sniping or getting sniped at. Who tested this map?
  • boutneus
    2456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Snowmobiles in WW1? Might wanna read up on some history books
  • shadowlord200
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    boutneus wrote: »

rwZwZ9j.jpg
  • bran1986
    boutneus wrote: »

The first snowmobile patent was in 1917, there are a ton of things in this game that never saw use in WW1.