Internet speed for BF1

mezeimark001
3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
What is the minimum internet speed for Battlefield 1? (10Mb internet is good?)

Comments

• APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it should be. The connection speed is for input.

• FireteamRED
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What's your upload ? Jeez 10mbps download is kinda pitiful. I'd say 50x5 would be good to start. Got 300x20 myself
  • KorpusDraige
    2353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You honestly don't need that much to play online. Your latency matters more. Also, any other devices connected on your network can boggle it down more too.
  • mezeimark001
    My upload is 0.5Mbps and my ping 60-70. But the game is lagging on my normal Xbox One, when lot of action.
    I heard that Battlefield 1 run much better on Xbox One S. If you have a lot of action then you will not lag
  • KorpusDraige
    2353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My upload is 0.5Mbps and my ping 60-70. But the game is lagging on my normal Xbox One, when lot of action.
    I heard that Battlefield 1 run much better on Xbox One S. If you have a lot of action then you will not lag

You're confusing internet with in-game performance, both are different. What you're experiencing is framerates dropping, not actual internet lag. Lag would be you skipping around, hits not registering.
  • mezeimark001
    The solution to this is that I buy a xbox one s :D
  • KorpusDraige
    The solution to this is that I buy a xbox one s :D

I would wait for the Xbox One X if you're planning on upgrading your Xbox One. Xbox One X will be out in a couple of months and has a significant power advantage over the Xbox One X. I'm not even sure how much of a performance boost you would get from BF1 going from Xbox One to Xbox One S. I would do some research before that- If anything wait for the Xbox One X.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    10 down sounds like a restricted network . you playing on college dorm network or tapping into Mc Donalds WiFi?
  • FireteamRED
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My latency is 32 solid. Never a lag issue for me. I do however see high pingers teleport all over the place making my gameplay jacked up from time to time .
  • cracksteady
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2017