Servers Need More Options For Admins. Constructive Feed Back please read

Jkniteuk
28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2017
Best to list the issues i find with my server instead of writing a big story.

1. Can't add players to the VIP list or Admin list easily. When adding players you need to type in their gamer ID's where as before you could simply locate them from your friends list and do it that way.
2. Too many Dice servers running. No chance for players to find personal servers because they dont list at the top of the server boards to be found easily.
3. Lag issues with the server. You update information and it takes about a day sometimes before the settings show. example: changing server from password protected to non password protected, changing a map rotation. The server seems to get stuck and eventually catches up.
4. Easier way to make clan wars on the server. Something put in place which allowes you to save clan war settings so a simple button press will automatically change it for you instead of having to delete maps, delete settings. There isn't even a factory reset if you get the idea.
5. Simple way to report faults which can be dealt with quickly.
6. Options to Allow you to view who is on the server without having to be on the server. Before on bf4 and bf3 you could see who was playing on the server and if needed be ban or kick them. Now you need to be on the server in the menus doing this. Too long.
7. No option which i can personally see to let me know how many months i have left on my server.
8. Making server awareness for everyone who has bought one. Players will join clan servers if they were listed. Quick fix: when players join from the quick game options, send them to private servers which have members on them instead of sending them to DICE servers. Again a quick fix, just need to reroute the program your using from your servers to bought servers.
9. Allowing Clan Banners to be used again like before.
10. Some how on playstation show platoon leagues to encourage players to join servers and then clans.
11. We do clan wars so a option to allow you to change between server settings, like a preset option. The way you have given us the option of making 3 differnt class set ups. Why not have an option for the servers the same way. This way it makes changing settings from custom to Official easier for the guys like myself who play alot of clan wars.

Finally, i would like to say, its been long enough, dlc are on their way out, different game modes, but server owners seem to be losing out and there is always talk about listening to the community and i have never had anyone official ever reply back to me addressing my concerns.

I have bought servers for bf3, bf4 and now again for bf1. Had loads of issues where i was constantly on the phone to ea customer services trying to get issues resolved which i may add never went well and i was on the phone for hours trying to explain the issues. It would be nice to know you guys are actually doing something about this.

This isnt the same anymore, instead of going forward you guys seem to be going backwards. Only thing i am missing is an oil filled generator to run my playstation which is more stable than your servers.

Thank you for your time.

Jkniteuk - Clan Founder Paratrooper Elite
Post edited by Jkniteuk on

Comments

• NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    1 yes but a minor problem you dont do this everyday

2 yes i wnat an option that specifacelly remoevs all official servers this can easily be done becuase EA/dice already "cheats" with quickmatch traffic they tag there own servers ahead of rented servers, i better be carefulls aying that so let em explain. When nivelle nights came out , on pc coqnuest euroep there where 20 !!! nivelle nights only servers they ahd the name S.Town inserver name. Yet there where around 10 renetd servers also with only that map and also NO custom settings, and clans trying to fill their servers yet i saw thsoe 20 being filled 1 by 1 , you reallys ee them start with 1 2 3 in an offical server, yet nothing went to these rented servers. Same happened a month later woth prise de tahure. Ok but but my point here is dice tags them somehow so use that tag in server browser filetr so that we cna choose to filetr them out. Becuase we dont wnat to see them sometiems becuase we use quickmatch for these. P.s. i think the renetd servers only get quick,match trafic after the 20 is reached, i own 1 quentins car server on pc and i get trrafic each day after the 20 so it works but doenst help below 20.

3 no lag issues , if ther is even 1 player in it it wont update your settings , if it si empty there is no lag , just rpess udpate server then and it works immediately, the only solution miday woth player in it is spam the udpate server button at the end of the round then there is a 45 secodns countdown to the next round and then you can change settings.

4 clanwars no opinion on that , so maybe wanted , but did procon have that? i used it alot but neevr changed the server that much

5 exmple of faults that you wnat to report pelase? we have this foorum and redit for that

6 i can opnly think of chat offenders , not cheaters you have to specate then anyways i dont think you talk about that that would be crazy banning a guy without seeing him cheat

7 yes that is inded soemthing , now you ahve to looka t yoru email at your payment and time of the day and then count , i know how te renew though wothout the server expoiring , i found it out by accident i had 5 servers and ful each day all fo them but ot becoame to hard to fill them each day so i called EA and asked them to stop 4 and add all days to the reamin server ..... it is now renetd till octobre 2018

8 yes point 8 see 2 , dice cheat with their servers.

9 you m,ean inagem spam , the procon plugin even had the name "spambot" some ahd too much so if they implement it do it with a certain limit.

10 i just have the clantag in server name and many have joiend this way.

and now the things that i miss , i am at 86 permbans and can only do 14 more there is a hardlimit of 100 , after i reach 100 my server cnat function no more , this needs absolute top priority

timeban would be nice now i have to ban and hope the banned guy doenst change his ingame name becuase the banlist gets also the new name and then ic nat unban becuase then i cnat find them back

not for me right now byut maybe for me inthe futire but i think already for other server owners the vip list needs to be mroe then 20

i miss the old hardline / bf4 team dteahc match 64 players , so we need to be able to make custom servers where all gamemoides cna be set to 64 , this was Always possible in past battelfields and they cnat say the spwan system cnat keep up with that that was also the vase in old batlefields

vip = first in queue , i dont even want agressive kick for a vip or admin , BUT that isnt the case for specatators , if aever there are 4 and i need to specate a cheater someoen needs to be kcied as spectator , but maybe that is already built in i got to test this with my clan sometime

yes and from your 10 points in only want point 2 ... the ability in serarch browser to remove all offical servers
  • Jkniteuk
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is anyone even looked at this?????
  • CrashCA
    982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just a couple of us, do not expect a reply from Devs in these Forums. Will have better luck in Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/
  • Antivanity
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    easy solution: procon & 3rd party GSP
  • Axlerod1
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    Face it guys, we are screwed. DICE did not want RSP and wanted to make RSP fail. THat is why RSP features are on the back burner. We have been hearing this for over 11 months now.

Nothing is going to happen from DICE.
    They are focused on the final 2 DLC's for BF1, SWBF2 this year. Battlefiield 2018 next year. SWBF3 in 2019. DICE does not have the staff or knowledge to fix RSP nore do they desire to give us any fixes.

Just wait for incursions to release and watch how poor RSP hurts that mode.
    R.I.P Battlefield series 2003 - 2016.
  • CrashCA
    982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agree, will continue play occasionally since I paid for it. Unfortunately, the Battlefield communities suffer the most. Our is fairly splintered now.
  • Axlerod1
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    same with ours. FOr BF4, we had 4 clans and 174 active players. For bf1, we have 11 active.
  • ShevermiN
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axle this is the problem, you went from 174 to 11 that's not a lack of server options that's just 163 cry babies because the game didn't play exactly like BF4. If they had any balls at all they would have manned up and played through the learning curve and embraced the change. If you had 170 odd active players you could have filled a server at will, heck you could start an operations at will. You could play matches, so there is no server tools to swap players. How hard is it to join into a server, take a knee, get all the players in then sort teams out then start fighting??? Yeah I know how hard it is but you can't fix stupid.

When the last DLC dropped I rented a server for a day, dropped the 6 new maps in it. And as a custom HC server it was filled within seconds and lasted the whole evening just from people joining off friends lists.

No way would it have been that easy via the old system.

The current RSP is lacking in features but it's way past time blaming it for all the woes, people need to learn to adapt. And all your friends that are now playing PUBG and not playing BF1, well they were never true battlefield players anyway.
  • Axlerod1
    I do agree with you Shevermin. Most stuck it out in BF4 but ome went to one of severals games. Bottom line is they just do not like lack of hardcore and or the WW1 theme. Not to mention DICE gave clans no support for rsp. I dont blame them for not liking a game they bought and tried and just did not like.
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    Axle this is the problem, you went from 174 to 11

Something similar happened to us although a lot just stayed on BF4.
    The issue for us is that we did most of our recruiting through our BF4 servers. You had a nice banner and could tell who owned the server quite easily, most of our members came from QM traffic.