New Map is Pure Garbage, Devs should be ashamed

Comments

• bleachee
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The PS4 seems to struggle with resolution on this map. It's noticeably blurry at times and I can see the resolution scaling up and down quite a bit. I hope this can be fixed.
  • Trokey66
    8246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I find it strange that people are crying about snipers on this map more than any other. Indeed, I was just thinking how many more melee kills I was getting on it......
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I find it strange that people are crying about snipers on this map more than any other. Indeed, I was just thinking how many more melee kills I was getting on it......

Lupkow - Wah snipers
    Keep - Wah too linear
    Tsar - Wah three flags

Bascially no matter what dice makes there will also be people that moan and complain as if their opinion of the map is the be all to end all
  • TEKNOCODE
    10790 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

Lupkow - Wah snipers
    Keep - Wah too linear
    Tsar - Wah three flags

Bascially no matter what dice makes there will also be people that moan and complain as if their opinion of the map is the be all to end all
    Wah, dice reduced the price of the Ultimate Edition.
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I love the new map when there are not 40+ snipers.
    Looks nice..and in the snow you can hear enemies approach very nice.
  • Trokey66
    8246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

Lupkow - Wah snipers
    Keep - Wah too linear
    Tsar - Wah three flags

Ain't that the truth - have an upvote.
  • crimsonkni_cano
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've played this map about 5 times now and each time I get a bit better at it.

My tips -

Play with a clan, and all mic up - need to talk where all the snipers are.
    Attack from up high if you can.
    When PTFO - you need to hide, if you don't say good bye to ones head.
    And have something hard behind you like rocks etc.

Hope this will help
  • mihai2011rom
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Played it on cte and on early access. Worst map by far. You run for 2 mins only to get killed by campers.
  • TamKingski
    1740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bleachee wrote: »
    The PS4 seems to struggle with resolution on this map. It's noticeably blurry at times and I can see the resolution scaling up and down quite a bit. I hope this can be fixed.

This could be a bug with the dynamic resolution employed on consoles,or it could be working as intended hopefully dice will take a look and see if it is indeed a problem with the dynamic resolution.

I wonder if the ps4 pro also has this issue,as running the game at 1080p on ps4 pro the resolution is a native 1080p and shouldnt be using dynamic resolution like on the base ps4s non native 1080p,with the exception of running the game at higher than 1080p on ps4 pro as running the game in 4k will use the dynamic resolution again i believe.
  • LoneGunman74
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zavala451 wrote: »
    When I thought they couldn't release a map less fun Nivelle, they go and release this mess

This map is the worst map ever created in a BF series, sniper fest, points in stupid positions, more washing machine running in conq, behemoth is actually a disadvantage to the team that gets it, planes are a waste of time, not tanks, cavalry gets caught on every tiny stick and leaf, bugs galore, pointless sentries.

Hand your head in shame DICE this map is pure trash, and who ever conceptualised it, and then went about making it should be disgusted with themselves. Shows a fundamental disconnect between Dev and players, of which has been there in some parts since BF3 but utterly apparent now

I agree with this. Sniperfest 2017. I usually end up just quitting and playing a differnet map without so many stupid snipers. This is proof that there needs to be a sniper limit for each team in BF1, but the devs don't care.
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Some people just cant be satisfied.
  • crimsonkni_cano
    I hate it joining a game, when most of the teams are full of scouts - that's on both sides.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Now, I won't say that this is that bad of a map. The visuals are absolutely stunning, so it has that going for it. However, the map does not appeal to me at all when it comes to gameplay. Standing still for just a second could very well mean that you get your head taken off by one of the twenty or so snipers on the other team. Every rock, every tree stump, every piece of debris that I encounter makes me paranoid due to the overabundance of snipers.

I was really starting to hate this map, but then I realised something; this map may not appeal to *MY* tastes, but it seems to appeal to the tastes of several groups of BF1 players. This is similar to some of the other ITNOTT maps that I tried on the CTE. Each of those maps appeal to certain groups, so in a sense, the DLC has something for every BF1 player. I may not enjoy this map very much, but I enjoy some of the other Russian maps, so I shouldn't really be all the upset.

I also decided to make some strategies for playing on this map. On Support, I use the Chauchat Low Weight, which has been my favourite weapon in the entire game ever since I unlocked it. The weapon is very effective at close range, but it also has good performance at medium/long range. It still has the low damage of an LMG, but it actually seems possible to tap-fire the weapon at range and not lose much accuracy. Its almost like a rifle at that range, which seems appropriate, considering the fact that it is a machine rifle rather than a proper LMG.

I also discovered that the Selbstlader 1906 is wonderful on this map. I mainly used the Sniper variant, but the Factory version seems to work just as well. The high fire rate makes it competent in close range, though you'll need a good sidearm for dealing with multiple enemies. However, it truly shines at range. It is one of the most accurate non-bolt-action weapons in the game, so you can actually outperform snipers if you're good enough. It was utterly satisfying when I found a sniper hiding near a tree in the distance, only to drop them with three fast, accurate shots, as if it was the most natural thing in the world. The abundance of planes also means that lots of players can get killed in tight areas, which isn't good for those players, but it gives a good medic a lot of work to do. I actually ended up levelling my medic class from level 40 to level 50 just by playing on Lupkow Pass with the 1906 Sniper. It seems that it was better to change your tactics to deal with an unfamiliar map rather than give up outright. I'm still not a huge fan of the map, but now, I can have SOME FUN ON IT!
  • r0nin_Ts
    1410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Seems that I will have to clean a dust from my Bennet Telescopic and finally try this map ;>
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The way the map has been designed its very bias to the play style of hiding in a bush with a sniper rifle its like the whole map is designed purely for this play style, making this style of play very easy with wide open areas and long sight lines. But if you want to PTFO the lack of cover and flanking routes makes this more difficult.
    The players all hiding on hills and in bushes with snipers are just playing the map to its advantage, its a completely flawed map.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    oJU5T1No wrote: »
    The way the map has been designed its very bias to the play style

I was on Blitz Op's defending, we had 17 scouts on our team sitting a mile back. Was Ballroom Blitz also designed for sniping?

It's the players we have now, and their mindset. If you are going to snipe, you are going to snipe on any map.

• oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't play ops so can't comment, I am speaking in terms of conquest. I suspect its easier to camp off map and snipe in some game modes than others hence the increased numbers in ops compared to conquest.
    Ballroom blitz conquest most points have good cover from sniper fire going from point to point there are pieces of cover here and there to use and different routes to take to avoid the snipers, theres barely any cover in lupkow and its easy for snipers to lock down multiple routes from the same spot.
    It's also a balancing issues with the guns, the lack of sway, recoil and RNG spread compared to the other classes.
  • crimsonkni_cano
    I don't play ops so can't comment, I am speaking in terms of conquest. I suspect its easier to camp off map and snipe in some game modes than others hence the increased numbers in ops compared to conquest.
    Ballroom blitz conquest most points have good cover from sniper fire going from point to point there are pieces of cover here and there to use and different routes to take to avoid the snipers, theres barely any cover in lupkow and its easy for snipers to lock down multiple routes from the same spot.
    It's also a balancing issues with the guns, the lack of sway, recoil and RNG spread compared to the other classes.

I think there are some very good spots on that map, that you can camp from. They are mainly up high but not on top of the hills etc.

I found one or two last night - sorry to say, but I was not playing as scout. I was also PTFO too, there is no point running around like other maps.

If you are good at camping/ hiding type of player/scout, then this map is for YOU.
  • IManovBG
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    One of the best BF maps ever :)

Congratulations to the developers and who actually figured the alpine type and all these things. Great job here.
  • bran1986
    5646 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The way the map has been designed its very bias to the play style

I was on Blitz Op's defending, we had 17 scouts on our team sitting a mile back. Was Ballroom Blitz also designed for sniping?

It's the players we have now, and their mindset. If you are going to snipe, you are going to snipe on any map.

I have had matches on Vaux where my team had over a dozen scouts.