Hit Detection

Comments

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    GunSHEEP wrote: »
    What if it's weapons spread that is messed up and not hit detection?? Stay with me here. The first two videos I posted (well before the last patches) were one that took eleven shots to kill one guy with the first hit happening when I wasn't even on target.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/GunSHEEP/video/33140238

Followed by this one where I'm firing a laser... while moving. When I'm on target it's a hit.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/GunSHEEP/video/33207790

Here is another where I seem to be affected by 'spread' yet my target, also moving, get's both first shots in. One with a rifle, one with a pistol.
    Also notice my ONLY hit is not even on target. Look at the score....
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/GunSHEEP/video/35647966

And the laser like Heigl...heig..uh gun. Every shot is a hit even though he is moving. Notice it's not just me he kills, but another guy running up to.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/GunSHEEP/video/35648017

Not even sure how the spread could have been large enough to miss here...
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/GunSHEEP/video/35648138

And how many videos have been posted where it's the 'spread' that caused you to miss, but the target has no problem putting rounds on target.

And how many times have you been killed by the dancing sniper who seems to be able to dance left and right without affecting his aim.

Maybe the problem is weapon spread isn't applying correctly (or at all in some cases). That would at least explain why the game feels so incredibly inconsistent.

It's what I've been saying (well sort of) for a while. The spread in BF1 is completely different than previous titles. On top of that compared to BF4 the recovery is backwards. What I mean by that is, for example, LMGs get more accurate the longer you hold down the trigger. This is counter to what we have learned in BF4.

I have recently been playing BF4 again and the gun mechanics are completely different. I struggled in the beginning trying to "reteach" myself how to shoot.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lizzard wrote: »
    The damage model is also something that effects how hitreg is perceived.

If it takes 5-6 bullets to kill an enemy at 100% health at a distance. its going to open up more chances of one or two misses. or a hitreg issue. Witch the fireing player doesn't notice.. It simply feels to him like "OMG how many bullets does it take to kill this guy!?"

In bc2 and bf3. The hardcore mode always felt much more accurate than core!

Then in bf4, hardcore felt less accurate than core!

In bf1 its equally as inconsistent..
    I wonder why?

I exclusively played HC in all 3 of those titles. I believe what you're feeling is the spread decrease. In BC2 and BF3 it was a lot higher. 2x on average. Take the AEK for example. In BF3 the decrease is 15.0 and BF4 it's 7.7. This meant you recovered from spread really fast. Less time between bursts.

Comparably BF1's spread decrease is almost 2x slower than BF4's.

That's a good point of view!

Putting more bullets on target (where you're aiming) would indeed result in a more consistent feel.
    Especially with a lower time to kill.

Bad company also had less damage drop-off.
    So the guns was more consistent over range/distance.

I've always Ben sceptical to the random spread and suppression mechanics.
    It feels like its one huge part that can mess up the gameplay, in many ways.
    And with packet loss and bad connections, it feels like its bound to be issues with it.

> Fire at someone at almost the same time as he fire's at you.
    They drop packet with your suppression.
    But their outgoing packet reach you.
    You get suppressed and gets accuracy penalty. You miss the next two shots because of the penalty.
    While the other guy lands his shots on you, and then gets suppressed.

Atleast that's how it feels often.
  • Godhates1234
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    So where are Dice ?? Why dont the respond on all our frustrations ? Is Dice giving up on the games bugs/issues in the game ? Or are they busy with Battlefront 2 and the next Battlefield ?? Where are the monthly patch who should fix some of the issues ?
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So where are Dice ?? Why dont the respond on all our frustrations ? Is Dice giving up on the games bugs/issues in the game ? Or are they busy with Battlefront 2 and the next Battlefield ?? Where are the monthly patch who should fix some of the issues ?

Would you want to talk to an angry mob yelling about things they don't understand?

Me neither.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

We had a DICE dev in this very thread for quite awhile not too long ago. He was very helpful, engaging with us, answering questions, explaining his intentions based on feedback.

Unfortunately, some posters repeatedly spewed forth nothing but vitriol and jaded opinions, completely disregarding his requests for videos containing examples of things these people were complaining about. Instead, they just amped up their childish demands to "make it work better derp derp" without actually being mature and constructive.

They don't need to listen to such immature tripe, so he left the thread, and hasn't been back since.

If you have the motivation, go back a ways. You should be able to get some info pertaining to what you're looking for.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Just like other posters above said, he was here. May even still check in from time to time. Who knows.

You can always reach out to him on twitter. Could even post videos there if people don't feel like posting them in this thread or on the forums.
  • Godhates1234
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017

Would you want to talk to an angry mob yelling about things they don't understand?

Me neither.

That's the problem. And i am not on Twitter. Why is it we have to search for answers in so many different forums? Why not have it all here in this community. I have to use Twitter,Reddit and sometimes this forum to get answers or feedback. And i think Dice dont understand why there are so many issues, issues they can't fix. It's in all the BF games.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Me neither.

That's the problem. And i am not on Twitter. Why is it we have to search for answers in so many different forums? Why not have it all here in this community. I have to use Twitter,Reddict and sometimes this forum to get answers or feedback. And i think Dice dont understand why there are so many issues, issues they can't fix. It's in all the BF games.

I promise, our frustration with the avenues of engagement is about the same.

I have long since given up fighting for logical communication, it's best just to operate within in the presented bounds, regardless of how frustrating that is.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As I recall it.
    Mischkag was in here long enough to straighten things out regarding the hitreg!

What he cant do anything about.
    Is suppression effects regarding spread etc.

Warious accuracy penalties.

How bad connections the netcode have to allow to play the game.

He made it clear that he cant punish anyone for their bad connection.

If I were mischkag. I wouldn't see any further engagement in this thread productive..

He have probably done everything he is in power to do. The rest is up to the gameplay designers to change..

Again thanks @mischkag for your involvement in this thread.
  • KingTolapsium
    As I recall it.

If I were mischkag. I wouldn't see any further engagement in this thread productive..

He have probably done everything he is in power to do. The rest is up to the gameplay designers to change..

There are hit-reg issues in the live and cte client. We are not done here.
  • lizzard
    As I recall it.

But are those hitreg issues, something that can be solved. Without punishing another player?

"Hitreg bugs" is one thing.
    General hitreg is something else.

• KingTolapsium
    As I recall it.

But are those hitreg issues, something that can be solved. Without punishing another player?

What are you going on about.... have you forgotten the title of this thread?
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As I recall it.

Wut?
  • lizzard
    As I recall it.

What are you going on about.... have you forgotten the title of this thread?

Please king.. Stop this nonsense...

A hitreg bug, would be something specific to a given instance.

Switching guns while reloading. And then have no hitreg.

Enter vehicle as a class and then exit vehicle, and have no hitreg.

Something like the previous hitreg bug that made some players unable to hit any one without restarting the game for example!

General hitreg would be that you sometime doesn't get a hit on someone.
    Maybe one hit isn't counted out of 5 hits.

Drop that crazy hostility you've got going..
  • MitsosKt94
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    How can i post a video from my ps4 system? I was playing an operation match before, i was on the basement in order to regenerate my health cause i was playing as sentry and this class regenerate much slower and suddenly i took some bullets out of nowhere and stabbed with a knife. There was no enemy near me and after i died the game didn't show me who killed me. I would like to post it. Should i upload it on my youtune channel and add the link here?
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    hmm...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/35682478 - this one is weird in part because the snap to on console held as though on target but the one guy was froze in stasis and the other it looks like I hit a few times to no avail - weird - let alone the camping arty truck with his two repair buddies - grr
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/35682793 - maybe I got ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on the no scope but still think it hit and it's faster than swapping to the sidearm on xbone
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/35683040 - melee system?
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/35683257 - remember this vividly and still ticked about it - quick one-two, nope

have more footage to go through but these are from last week, ping under 25 consistently, play on xbone and BC2 vet that is running out of patience, what does premium get again? I'd forego my gripe for a larger all in player base (including maps, weapons, etc.), take CTE early access away including youtubers posting it (game changers my pituitary) and let premium get the two week early access as the cte (no having 2 versions of the game on my hard drive) with the true launch to everyone after the two weeks - all maps in rotation not separate dlc servers and a whole united player base - my 2 cents.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MitsosKt94 wrote: »
    How can i post a video from my ps4 system? I was playing an operation match before, i was on the basement in order to regenerate my health cause i was playing as sentry and this class regenerate much slower and suddenly i took some bullets out of nowhere and stabbed with a knife. There was no enemy near me and after i died the game didn't show me who killed me. I would like to post it. Should i upload it on my youtune channel and add the link here?

This invisible enemy stabbing you? I've had this happen to me at least three times since the last patch. Finally got it recorded the other day. I'll trim it and post it here, see if its the same thing you've experienced. Maybe its nothing. I'll get it posted in a bit.
  • denjoga
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MitsosKt94 wrote: »
    Should i upload it on my youtune channel and add the link here?
    Yes.
  • MitsosKt94
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    there you go guys. Happened about an hour on my ps4 system. Never had something like this before.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Here's what happened to me. Probably nothing but maybe a good idea to put it up.