Hit Detection

Comments

• misisipiRivrRat
    1003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    MitsosKt94 wrote: »
    there you go guys. Happened about an hour on my ps4 system. Never had something like this before.

Hey that's pretty close to whats happened to me a few times. Maybe a new bug?
    Look right under your vid and you can see what happened to me.
  • MitsosKt94
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    there you go guys. Happened about an hour on my ps4 system. Never had something like this before.

Yeah, i saw your vid, same as mine. I don't really know what is this. Are you on a ps4 too?
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lizzard wrote: »

Please king.. Stop this nonsense...

A hitreg bug, would be something specific to a given instance.

Switching guns while reloading. And then have no hitreg.

Enter vehicle as a class and then exit vehicle, and have no hitreg.

Something like the previous hitreg bug that made some players unable to hit any one without restarting the game for example!

General hitreg would be that you sometime doesn't get a hit on someone.
    Maybe one hit isn't counted out of 5 hits.

Drop that "crazy hostility" you've got going..

I'm not going to play semantics with you, and I'm not going to allow semantics to dismiss the feedback of myself and others, you're literally making nonsense claims. Bugs, issues, problems.... WHO CARES? These terms are not the point.

I'm also not the one declaring that the dev has no reason to further interact.

It seems you have dismissed the idea of legit hit-reg bugs and are now blaming supression and spread, I'm not going to follow a narrative simply out of ease.

If you don't think the netcode, or legit bugs are to blame, thats totally fine, not a problem, what we don't need is you dismissing feedback.
  • Godhates1234
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017

This bug is not new. Have been there for a while.

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017

Here's what happened to me. Probably nothing but maybe a good idea to put it up.

You walked right by the guy who stabbed you. Reason why it doesn't show the kill cam is two fold: he is on top of you and with stabbing animations (for reasons I don't know) they never follow the enemy.
    Post edited by VBALL_MVP on
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Here's what happened to me. Probably nothing but maybe a good idea to put it up.

You walked right by the guy who stabbed you. Reason why it doesn't show the kill cam is two fold: he is on too of you and with stabbing animations (for reasons I don't know) they never follow the enemy.

You might be right vball but maybe look again . When I come down from the rock the guy I'm next to is shooting the enemies in front of us. Pretty sure hes a teammate. I'll look again to be sure.

Looked again. Damn, you may be right!
  • MitsosKt94
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

You walked right by the guy who stabbed you. Reason why it doesn't show the kill cam is two fold: he is on too of you and with stabbing animations (for reasons I don't know) they never follow the enemy.

You might be right vball but maybe look again . When I come down from the rock the guy I'm next to is shooting the enemies in front of us. Pretty sure hes a teammate. I'll look again to be sure.

Yeah he is right but in my case what happened there? Pretty sure i cleared the room as you can see on my vid, also i checked right and was a teammate and also when i got fired first i ckecked again and no one was there. Don't no what to think.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Wait, what?
    You guys actually agree about something?
    :D

I'm jus teasin.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Bookmarked so I can watch later.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

He is an enemy, he is not on your radar so he is not a blueberry. But what really convinced me is at 0:07 in the clip you see the melee "hint" pop up next to him. That was the give away for me.
  • MitsosKt94
    mmarkweII wrote: »

Bookmarked so I can watch later.

Let me know what you think, thanks!
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Watch the killfeed, he fights your team mate than comes for you, this helps understand the event a bit better. Looks like he started dropping packets after he fought your squadmate (last footsteps at 34-35 seconds), and then his shots and the knife all landed at once (39), leading to an instant death (listen to the footsteps, they do not align with an even trajectory from the right side of the building to your body). The game doesn't render all 3d models you can't see, I'm guessing going from one of these blind spots straight to the knife ignores the normal client rendering of the enemy. (Obviously this is just a guess)

4 seconds of lag being confirmed is a huge issue, great clip.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Something like the previous hitreg bug that made some players unable to hit any one without restarting the game for example!

I'm not going to play semantics with you, and I'm not going to allow semantics to dismiss the feedback of myself and others, you're literally making nonsense claims. Bugs, issues, problems.... WHO CARES? These terms are not the point.

It seems you have dismissed the idea of legit hit-reg bugs and are now blaming supression and spread, I'm not going to follow a narrative simply out of ease.

If you don't think the netcode, or legit bugs are to blame, thats totally fine, not a problem, what we don't need is you dismissing feedback.

Im not dismissing feedback!
    I'm not saying there is no hitreg issues!

I do doubt that mischkag can do much more, under the circumstances!

Packet loss limit and ping limit would be an easy way to see if issues would remain.

But since every thing he have done to make it more fair for lowpingers.
    Have resulted in hate from everyone with a bad connection.. What more is there that he can do!?
  • KingTolapsium
    edited August 2017

Well, you're wrong, hopefully things continue to improve. I am not going to talk about what I consider to be under NDA.

While we may not be able to have perfectly in sync combat, due to the realities of global networking, there is nothing that should get in the way of hit registration for low ping clients under the soft ping cap.

Or the locomotion of these players, due to damage delivery.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Watch the killfeed, he fights your team mate than comes for you, this helps understand the event a bit better. Looks like he started dropping packets after he fought your squadmate (last footsteps at 34-35 seconds), and then his shots and the knife all landed at once (39), leading to an instant death (listen to the footsteps, they do not align with an even trajectory from the right side of the building to your body). The game doesn't render all 3d models you can't see, I'm guessing going from one of these blind spots straight to the knife ignores the normal client rendering of the enemy. (Obviously this is just a guess)

Lag? The guy who killed him had a lower ping than he. Granted....we have no idea how stable ANYONE'S connection is.
  • KingTolapsium
    mmarkweII wrote: »

Lag? The guy who killed him had a lower ping than he. Granted....we have no idea how stable ANYONE'S connection is.

I'm assuming obviously, but packet loss can happen at any ping, and huge loss does not need to correlate to high or low ping.

The scoreboard poles latency at 5 second intervals, it's a great indicator of the average, but not so good for the second to second variation.

There was obviously a lapse in critical data transmission, and I don't see any server performance indicators.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The guy came in from the other door off to your right. Same one you came in. Flanked to your left. Probably didn't see you until he was right on top of you. Shoots you a few times up close (hit indicator shows it), enough hits to drop your health low enough for a knife kill. The knife hit comes from the same direction as the shots.
  • Godhates1234
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Packet loss limit and ping limit would be an easy way to see if issues would remain.

Have resulted in hate from everyone with a bad connection.. What more is there that he can do!?

Then explain me this, if you can. Why was it with the closed beta and after released hit reg and hit detection was just fine. When i hit a player he died and my k/d was great. But after about 6 - 7 months and patch, hit reg and hit detection is crap. Players need more bullets to go down. I have no problem with other FPS games, only BF1. So please explain so i can understand and not be pain in the but to Dice's dev.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Then explain me this, if you can. Why was it with the closed beta and after released hit reg and hit detection was just fine. When i hit a player he died and my k/d was great. But after about 6 - 7 months and patch, hit reg and hit detection is crap. Players need more bullets to go down. I have no problem with other FPS games, only BF1. So please explain so i can understand and not be pain in the but to Dice's dev.

Smaller amount of bad connections?
    Different servers?

Why was it so enjoyable for 7 days after the 100ms patch?
    Why did every highpinger cry and put all that hate on mischkag?

Why did they revert back after 7 days?

Yes there is such an amount of issues in this game, that I cant play 30 minutes before I go in to ragemode.
  • Godhates1234
    edited August 2017
    To defend Dice and the game. I had last night only good games. This is the best that happened for me in the last 5 months. Hope it keep going that way. And im looking forward to the big weapon balance in the next patch i think comming next month.