Hit Detection

Comments

• kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    can I get some thoughts on these?

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/35682478 - this one is weird in part because the snap to on console (don't typically use it) held as though on target but the one guy was froze in stasis and the other it looks like I hit a few times to no avail - weird - let alone the camping arty truck with his two repair buddies - grr - btw he went 56-0
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/35682793 - no scope but still think it hit and it's faster than swapping to the sidearm on xbone
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/35683040 - melee system?
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/35683257 - remember this vividly and still ticked about it - quick one-two, nope

have more to sift through...
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    kniphtee wrote: »

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/35682478 - this one is weird in part because the snap to on console (don't typically use it) held as though on target but the one guy was froze in stasis and the other it looks like I hit a few times to no avail - weird - let alone the camping arty truck with his two repair buddies - grr - btw he went 56-0
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/35682793 - no scope but still think it hit and it's faster than swapping to the sidearm on xbone
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/35683257 - remember this vividly and still ticked about it - quick one-two, nope

Desync maybe?

Looks like you were suppressed.. Maybe a bit delayed accuracy penalty?

Melee is a joke...

Last one.. Lag? Packet loss player?

Feeling the rage level rise when watching those vids..
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

First one the rifle shot missed to the right. Your pistol shots were high and missed as well.

Second vid, missed to the right again. You shot before you were fully ADS.

Third vid, I didn't have sound on but it looked like the first swing hit the motor. Either way the motor is like stabbing someone on AA cannon you don't get animation.

Last vid, missed to the right.
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    off topic for a sec

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/35683246 - not hit reg but fall dmg is a mystery - did this jump several times for 0 dmg so I haven't a clue what the basis is for fall dmg

I know it's off topic - don't shoot me but does the random fall dmg happen on all platforms?
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lizzard wrote: »

Please king.. Stop this nonsense...

A hitreg bug, would be something specific to a given instance.

Switching guns while reloading. And then have no hitreg.

Enter vehicle as a class and then exit vehicle, and have no hitreg.

Something like the previous hitreg bug that made some players unable to hit any one without restarting the game for example!

General hitreg would be that you sometime doesn't get a hit on someone.
    Maybe one hit isn't counted out of 5 hits.

Drop that "crazy hostility" you've got going..

I'm not going to play semantics with you, and I'm not going to allow semantics to dismiss the feedback of myself and others, you're literally making nonsense claims. Bugs, issues, problems.... WHO CARES? These terms are not the point.

I'm also not the one declaring that the dev has no reason to further interact.

It seems you have dismissed the idea of legit hit-reg bugs and are now blaming supression and spread, I'm not going to follow a narrative simply out of ease.

If you don't think the netcode, or legit bugs are to blame, thats totally fine, not a problem, what we don't need is you dismissing feedback.

Im not dismissing feedback!
    I'm not saying there is no hitreg issues!

I do doubt that mischkag can do much more, under the circumstances!

Packet loss limit and ping limit would be an easy way to see if issues would remain.

But since every thing he have done to make it more fair for lowpingers.
    Have resulted in hate from everyone with a bad connection.. What more is there that he can do!?

Then explain me this, if you can. Why was it with the closed beta and after released hit reg and hit detection was just fine. When i hit a player he died and my k/d was great. But after about 6 - 7 months and patch, hit reg and hit detection is crap. Players need more bullets to go down. I have no problem with other FPS games, only BF1. So please explain so i can understand and not be pain in the but to Dice's dev.

Smaller amount of bad connections?
    Different servers?

Why was it so enjoyable for 7 days after the 100ms patch?
    Why did every highpinger cry and put all that hate on mischkag?

Why did they revert back after 7 days?

Yes there is such an amount of issues in this game, that I cant play 30 minutes before I go in to ragemode.

You ever stop to think that maybe there are issues with the serverside sim that is being references in addition to the client sim checks?

Probably not.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Expanded thought is too OP.
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Then explain me this, if you can. Why was it with the closed beta and after released hit reg and hit detection was just fine. When i hit a player he died and my k/d was great. But after about 6 - 7 months and patch, hit reg and hit detection is crap. Players need more bullets to go down. I have no problem with other FPS games, only BF1. So please explain so i can understand and not be pain in the but to Dice's dev.

Different servers?

Yes there is such an amount of issues in this game, that I cant play 30 minutes before I go in to ragemode.

You ever stop to think that maybe there are issues with the serverside sim that is being references in addition to the client sim checks?

Probably not.

Its due to the amount of bad connections on the server during the beta the number of high ping players was much smaller this has been confirmed, same with the original 100ms patch the issues/bugs with the server side hit detection made the game unplayable for anyone with over 100ms ping so they either played on there region servers or not reducing the amount of bad connections on server. Dropping the server side hit detection limit back to 100ms wouldn't work it would need be broken again to be enough of a deterant to keep 100+ms players off the server.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    oJU5T1No wrote: »

Different servers?

Probably not.

Its due to the amount of bad connections on the server during the beta the number of high ping players was much smaller this has been confirmed, same with the original 100ms patch the issues/bugs with the server side hit detection made the game unplayable for anyone with over 100ms ping so they either played on there region servers or not reducing the amount of bad connections on server. Dropping the server side hit detection limit back to 100ms wouldn't work it would need be broken again to be enough of a deterant to keep 100+ms players off the server.

What? How on earth does that correlate at all?

The only change this year that coincided with large hit reg issues was the additional of serverside hit detection. While many of these issues were a consequence of players high pings, the concentration of hit detection issues for LOW PING players also spiked.

We did not have a ping check in the scoreboard at launch, I will not speak concretely, about speculation.

I understand that players with poor connections cause issues at a greater magnitude, but you are ignoring the fact that low ping players with loss and high variance are far worse than stable high ping.

High ping, is not the only problem. High loss and variance are the largest issues, and those don't specifically correlate to high ping.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Something like the previous hitreg bug that made some players unable to hit any one without restarting the game for example!

I'm not going to play semantics with you, and I'm not going to allow semantics to dismiss the feedback of myself and others, you're literally making nonsense claims. Bugs, issues, problems.... WHO CARES? These terms are not the point.

It seems you have dismissed the idea of legit hit-reg bugs and are now blaming supression and spread, I'm not going to follow a narrative simply out of ease.

If you don't think the netcode, or legit bugs are to blame, thats totally fine, not a problem, what we don't need is you dismissing feedback.

Packet loss limit and ping limit would be an easy way to see if issues would remain.

Have resulted in hate from everyone with a bad connection.. What more is there that he can do!?

Different servers?

Probably not.

Sure...
    It can be anything in such a complex game.

Thats a well used explanation that have been thrown in the face of people for years.

How know.. Maybe its a bad node?

Its close to harassment soon..

Please don't push it further in that direction.

Love.
  • KingTolapsium

Different servers?

Probably not.

Sure...

Thats a well used explanation that have been thrown in the face of people for years.

Love.

Sorry, you were the one asking facetious questions... that actually have concrete answers.

"What more is there that he can do!?"

Your misinterpretation is fueling a narrative that is untrue, that there is nothing mischkag can do to fix our issues. This thread is specifically about hit-reg issues, and as a low ping player, I'm still seeing these, both in the cte and live client.

Close to harassment? What on earth are you talking about? I'm literally just engaging you in conversation, I'm sorry I don't agree with what you present. I'm sorry I have a strong understanding of the current situation.

I'm not sorry it upsets you, that I don't care about.
  • lizzard

Different servers?

Probably not.

Sure...

Love.

Sorry, you were the one asking facetious questions... that actually have concrete answers.

Your misinterpretation is fueling a narrative that is untrue, that there is nothing mischkag can do to fix our issues. This thread is specifically about hit-reg issues, and as a low ping player, I'm still seeing these, both in the cte and live client.

Close to harassment? What on earth are you talking about? I'm literally just engaging you in conversation, I'm sorry I don't agree with what you present. I'm sorry I have a strong understanding of the current situation.

Then record the hitreg issues and post video!

I gave my point of view on what have been said about bad connections and that they cant be punished!

I gave my opinion on what was happening in knitpees video.

Thats it.

Your simply going on about things that isn't needed to be rambled about..
  • KingTolapsium

Different servers?

Probably not.

Sure...

Love.

I gave my point of view on what have been said about bad connections and that they cant be punished!

Thats it.

"I'm gonna keep on ramblin'." Like a good man once said.

If you would kindly state your opinions as opinions, in the future, I would appreciate it.
  • VBALL_MVP

Different servers?

Probably not.

Sure...

Love.

Thats it.

I think you need to look closer at the vid.
  • lizzard
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Different servers?

Probably not.

Sure...

Love.

Thats it.

Lol!

How do you explain the last one?

He moves like flash in front of him. Takes a knife to the back. Then moves like flash backwards and kills him instantly...

You simply state. "you missed"
    Extremely helpful to the video poster.

Him being suppressed late. Was also something you completely disregard..
  • KingTolapsium
    off topic for a sec

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/35683246 - not hit reg but fall dmg is a mystery - did this jump several times for 0 dmg so I haven't a clue what the basis is for fall dmg

I know it's off topic - don't shoot me but does the random fall dmg happen on all platforms?

It does, I've recently re-reported this issue. Hopefully it's addressed.
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Different servers?

Probably not.

The only change this year that coincided with large hit reg issues was the additional of serverside hit detection. While many of these issues were a consequence of players high pings, the concentration of hit detection issues for LOW PING players also spiked.

We did not have a ping check in the scoreboard at launch, I will not speak concretely, about speculation.

I understand that players with poor connections cause issues at a greater magnitude, but you are ignoring the fact that low ping players with loss and high variance are far worse than stable high ping.

High ping, is not the only problem. High loss and variance are the largest issues, and those don't specifically correlate to high ping.

It was confirmed by the dev a while back that there was less high pingers playing the beta.

I never said high pingers were the entire problem , just part of it. I wouldn't assume there stable high pings either more than likely there ping is high because there playing OOR more hops more chance for packet loss and jitter. Still with the reduction of high pingers on the server the game ran better as part of the problem was solved.
  • KingTolapsium

Different servers?

Probably not.

It was confirmed by the dev a while back that there was less high pingers playing the beta.

I never said high pingers were the entire problem , just part of it. I wouldn't assume there stable high pings either more than likely there ping is high because there playing OOR more hops more chance for packet loss and jitter. Still with the reduction of high pingers on the server the game ran better as part of the problem was solved.

A reduction of issues, is not the same as fixing them. I don't remember seeing that, but I'll take your word that pings were more stable in the beta (even though I would bet this data represents pc).

There are a lot of stable high pings, most of the Asian players (assumedly of course) in the US servers have non variant connections.

The only solution is dual server sets, everything else either leaves half of the community with an unplayable experience, or let's the lowly latent stable connections get ripped up poor data transmission.
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited August 2017

Different servers?

Probably not.

Sure...

Love.

Thats it.

Lol!

He moves like flash in front of him. Takes a knife to the back. Then moves like flash backwards and kills him instantly...

No I didn't say he just missed, I told him where he missed. He doesn't move like a flash....he moves regularly, you are exaggerating because you really want these vids to show something. Maybe that is the issue, you are quick to judge but not motivated enough to actually see the truth.

Well, once again I did the work for you, and here is the image of him missing. As you can see he is shooting way before he comes up to ADS, I don't know if it is to try to have AA play in favor or not. But either way having the gun get to target after shooting is not going to make the bullet go on target.

Here is the image...as you can see, he missed.....to the right.

imgur.com/RrCBHcB
  • lizzard

Different servers?

Probably not.

Sure...

Love.

Thats it.

Lol!

No I didn't say he just missed, I told him where he missed. He doesn't move like a flash....he moves regularly, you are exaggerating because you really want these vids to show something. Maybe that is the issue, you are quick to judge but not motivated enough to actually see the truth.

Well, once again I did the work for you, and here is the image of him missing. As you can see he is shooting way before he comes up to ADS, I don't know if it is to try to have AA play in favor or not. But either way having the gun get to target after shooting is not going to make the bullet go on target.

imgur.com/RrCBHcB

And Here is him stabbing the guy in the back....

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/35683257
  • KingTolapsium

Different servers?

Probably not.

Sure...

Love.

Thats it.

Lol!

imgur.com/RrCBHcB

I bet you were the kid in math that always showed his work. Lol