Hit Detection

Comments

• GunSHEEP
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had several instances where a melee in the back (with damage and hit marker) isn't an instant kill. Heck, I had one where the guy was lying on the ground and it took two hits before I got the melee kill scene. I figured that I wasn't fulfilling some specific 'instakill' parameter. Like I was close enough to melee but not close enough for a close combat kill. Heck, IDK....but I've also seen this.
    -
    -

And then I've had an instance where I went to melee kill a guy in a doorway, and instead instakilled a guy on my right laying on the ground just inside the door. I'm guessing he was closer to me than my target. Then melee'd again and instakilled my original target. Had a video of that but since deleted it.
  • denjoga
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    I think the melee "cones" are messed up. Or maybe it's desync or whatever, but melee from 180 to the rear only rarely gets me the animation on the first hit. Other stabs that seem off axis do get the animation.
    For me it's just another aspect of the randomness in hit/damage reg that's been part of the whole series.

Like in BF3 when all you could see was the enemy's head, but you'd get a hit-marker instead of a headshot.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GunSHEEP
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok, I posted 10 short videos just a few minutes ago from the first three games I played tonight. 12-3, 11-5, 17-7 K/D ratio. This is what it's like to be playing with a laser rifle. Suppression and bullet spread? Several show the opposing teams having that problem. It's not MY problem...at least in those first three games. I'll keep playing until the worm turns and my rifle turns into a one pellet shotgun. Not posting all the links, just a link to the Xbox DVR.
    -
    These were all very close games too. No massive K/D ratio between teams.
    -
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/GunSHEEP/videos
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    http://i.imgur.com/RrCBHcB.jpg
    lizzard wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Please king.. Stop this nonsense...

A hitreg bug, would be something specific to a given instance.

Switching guns while reloading. And then have no hitreg.

Enter vehicle as a class and then exit vehicle, and have no hitreg.

Something like the previous hitreg bug that made some players unable to hit any one without restarting the game for example!

General hitreg would be that you sometime doesn't get a hit on someone.
    Maybe one hit isn't counted out of 5 hits.

Drop that "crazy hostility" you've got going..

I'm not going to play semantics with you, and I'm not going to allow semantics to dismiss the feedback of myself and others, you're literally making nonsense claims. Bugs, issues, problems.... WHO CARES? These terms are not the point.

I'm also not the one declaring that the dev has no reason to further interact.

It seems you have dismissed the idea of legit hit-reg bugs and are now blaming supression and spread, I'm not going to follow a narrative simply out of ease.

If you don't think the netcode, or legit bugs are to blame, thats totally fine, not a problem, what we don't need is you dismissing feedback.

Im not dismissing feedback!
    I'm not saying there is no hitreg issues!

I do doubt that mischkag can do much more, under the circumstances!

Packet loss limit and ping limit would be an easy way to see if issues would remain.

But since every thing he have done to make it more fair for lowpingers.
    Have resulted in hate from everyone with a bad connection.. What more is there that he can do!?

Then explain me this, if you can. Why was it with the closed beta and after released hit reg and hit detection was just fine. When i hit a player he died and my k/d was great. But after about 6 - 7 months and patch, hit reg and hit detection is crap. Players need more bullets to go down. I have no problem with other FPS games, only BF1. So please explain so i can understand and not be pain in the but to Dice's dev.

Smaller amount of bad connections?
    Different servers?

Why was it so enjoyable for 7 days after the 100ms patch?
    Why did every highpinger cry and put all that hate on mischkag?

Why did they revert back after 7 days?

Yes there is such an amount of issues in this game, that I cant play 30 minutes before I go in to ragemode.

You ever stop to think that maybe there are issues with the serverside sim that is being references in addition to the client sim checks?

Probably not.

Sure...
    It can be anything in such a complex game.

Thats a well used explanation that have been thrown in the face of people for years.

How know.. Maybe its a bad node?

Its close to harassment soon..

Please don't push it further in that direction.

Love.

Sorry, you were the one asking facetious questions... that actually have concrete answers.

"What more is there that he can do!?"

Your misinterpretation is fueling a narrative that is untrue, that there is nothing mischkag can do to fix our issues. This thread is specifically about hit-reg issues, and as a low ping player, I'm still seeing these, both in the cte and live client.

Close to harassment? What on earth are you talking about? I'm literally just engaging you in conversation, I'm sorry I don't agree with what you present. I'm sorry I have a strong understanding of the current situation.

I'm not sorry it upsets you, that I don't care about.

Then record the hitreg issues and post video!

I gave my point of view on what have been said about bad connections and that they cant be punished!

I gave my opinion on what was happening in knitpees video.

Thats it.

Your simply going on about things that isn't needed to be rambled about..

I think you need to look closer at the vid.

Lol!

How do you explain the last one?

He moves like flash in front of him. Takes a knife to the back. Then moves like flash backwards and kills him instantly...

You simply state. "you missed"
    Extremely helpful to the video poster.

Him being suppressed late. Was also something you completely disregard..

No I didn't say he just missed, I told him where he missed. He doesn't move like a flash....he moves regularly, you are exaggerating because you really want these vids to show something. Maybe that is the issue, you are quick to judge but not motivated enough to actually see the truth.

Well, once again I did the work for you, and here is the image of him missing. As you can see he is shooting way before he comes up to ADS, I don't know if it is to try to have AA play in favor or not. But either way having the gun get to target after shooting is not going to make the bullet go on target.

Here is the image...as you can see, he missed.....to the right.

imgur.com/RrCBHcB

And Here is him stabbing the guy in the back....

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/35683257

He didn't attack square in the back and wasn't close enough. He got the damage for it none the less and then over shot his target and got killed.

Nothing out of the ordinary here but keep trying to make something out of nothing.

Please king.. Stop this nonsense...

A hitreg bug, would be something specific to a given instance.

Switching guns while reloading. And then have no hitreg.

Enter vehicle as a class and then exit vehicle, and have no hitreg.

Something like the previous hitreg bug that made some players unable to hit any one without restarting the game for example!

General hitreg would be that you sometime doesn't get a hit on someone.
    Maybe one hit isn't counted out of 5 hits.

Drop that "crazy hostility" you've got going..

I'm not going to play semantics with you, and I'm not going to allow semantics to dismiss the feedback of myself and others, you're literally making nonsense claims. Bugs, issues, problems.... WHO CARES? These terms are not the point.

I'm also not the one declaring that the dev has no reason to further interact.

It seems you have dismissed the idea of legit hit-reg bugs and are now blaming supression and spread, I'm not going to follow a narrative simply out of ease.

If you don't think the netcode, or legit bugs are to blame, thats totally fine, not a problem, what we don't need is you dismissing feedback.

Im not dismissing feedback!
    I'm not saying there is no hitreg issues!

I do doubt that mischkag can do much more, under the circumstances!

Packet loss limit and ping limit would be an easy way to see if issues would remain.

But since every thing he have done to make it more fair for lowpingers.
    Have resulted in hate from everyone with a bad connection.. What more is there that he can do!?

Then explain me this, if you can. Why was it with the closed beta and after released hit reg and hit detection was just fine. When i hit a player he died and my k/d was great. But after about 6 - 7 months and patch, hit reg and hit detection is crap. Players need more bullets to go down. I have no problem with other FPS games, only BF1. So please explain so i can understand and not be pain in the but to Dice's dev.

Smaller amount of bad connections?
    Different servers?

Why was it so enjoyable for 7 days after the 100ms patch?
    Why did every highpinger cry and put all that hate on mischkag?

Why did they revert back after 7 days?

Yes there is such an amount of issues in this game, that I cant play 30 minutes before I go in to ragemode.

You ever stop to think that maybe there are issues with the serverside sim that is being references in addition to the client sim checks?

Probably not.

Sure...
    It can be anything in such a complex game.

Thats a well used explanation that have been thrown in the face of people for years.

How know.. Maybe its a bad node?

Its close to harassment soon..

Please don't push it further in that direction.

Love.

Sorry, you were the one asking facetious questions... that actually have concrete answers.

"What more is there that he can do!?"

Your misinterpretation is fueling a narrative that is untrue, that there is nothing mischkag can do to fix our issues. This thread is specifically about hit-reg issues, and as a low ping player, I'm still seeing these, both in the cte and live client.

Close to harassment? What on earth are you talking about? I'm literally just engaging you in conversation, I'm sorry I don't agree with what you present. I'm sorry I have a strong understanding of the current situation.

I'm not sorry it upsets you, that I don't care about.

Then record the hitreg issues and post video!

I gave my point of view on what have been said about bad connections and that they cant be punished!

I gave my opinion on what was happening in knitpees video.

Thats it.

Your simply going on about things that isn't needed to be rambled about..

I think you need to look closer at the vid.

Lol!

How do you explain the last one?

He moves like flash in front of him. Takes a knife to the back. Then moves like flash backwards and kills him instantly...

You simply state. "you missed"
    Extremely helpful to the video poster.

Him being suppressed late. Was also something you completely disregard..

No I didn't say he just missed, I told him where he missed. He doesn't move like a flash....he moves regularly, you are exaggerating because you really want these vids to show something. Maybe that is the issue, you are quick to judge but not motivated enough to actually see the truth.

Well, once again I did the work for you, and here is the image of him missing. As you can see he is shooting way before he comes up to ADS, I don't know if it is to try to have AA play in favor or not. But either way having the gun get to target after shooting is not going to make the bullet go on target.

Here is the image...as you can see, he missed.....to the right.

imgur.com/RrCBHcB

I bet you were the kid in math that always showed his work. Lol

Nope I was the other...and the teacher constantly questioned my answers due to it.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see this thread has finally solved the problem. Glad you guys never stopped arguing :|
  • FireteamRED
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Had a weird hit detection for the 1st time in a tank yesterday. Tank was abandoned by teammate or enemy not sure which one ....but I hooped right in. Fired 6 rounds point blank at an enemy and got nothing.... not even a single hit marker. Was able to bail the tank and shoot my sweeper for the kill just fine after .

Ok it happened again just now . I have the video to show it as well . I can shot but the shells does nothing. And I can fire it in rapid succession but it does not do anything to the enemy . Very weird. Once I hop out I have the auto frome and that works just fine as I killed 2 enemies with it.

Will post video soon to show this . Twice now

Just hard reboot my Xbox to see if it will go away.

• XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Had a weird hit detection for the 1st time in a tank yesterday. Tank was abandoned by teammate or enemy not sure which one ....but I hooped right in. Fired 6 rounds point blank at an enemy and got nothing.... not even a single hit marker. Was able to bail the tank and shoot my sweeper for the kill just fine after .

Ok it happened again just now . I have the video to show it as well . I can shot but the shells does nothing. And I can fire it in rapid succession but it does not do anything to the enemy . Very weird. Once I hop out I have the auto frome and that works just fine as I killed 2 enemies with it.

I will repost it. Just in case. This issue but in the PS4. Happened after weird server, connect, lag icons:
  • FireteamRED
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Here's the video

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/HomerJSimpson01/video/35751105
  • WILDSC0RPI0N
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    mischkag wrote: »
    Thank you. I am trying to address anything 'netcode' or hit reaction related. I am still trying to figure out whats the best way to participate in the forums (here, reddit, twitter). I feel like that you players are actually doing a much better job as long as you feel that you are heard and your concerns are answered and tried to get addressed. I do have to read often thru hate and frustration. But i am a gamer too, i get it.

Bad hit detection still is present even if only one high ping player is present on the server. You as a gamer should know that one player should not break fun for other 63. I am glad to see developer discussing with playerbase BIG thank you for that! My question for you : why devs in EVERY bf game bring imbalance in favor to bad players? Why you introduce ultimate weapons, vehicles and classes? Why bf game cant be finally about skill not about weapon/vehicle and op class as sentry in bf1?? For example: in bf4 tanks was already insanely op from the start and experienced tank players could ruin fun for whole enemy teams making insane 100+ or even 200+ kills. It was total unbalance in favor to vehicle players from the start and what you did? You nerfed even more c4 and rpgs and bring insane reload time for AT infantry players! Normal servers are mix of infantry and vehicles they are not vehicle only servers! It should be properly balanced between infantry and vehicles! Now in bf1 pilots have planes from ww1 acting like f16 dropping infantry like a sitting ducks and are difficult to destroy. When i kill pilot with rifle i get almost same amount of points as pilot when he drops me. Now tell me what is odds for me to kill the pilot in your game? Hows that fair? Why you are making constant inbalance in vehicle favor and giving opportunity to abnormal kill streaks for vehicle players???? I dont want to hear how planes should be OP because its not true!!! Best ww1 pilot red baron was killed by infantry men and planes were easy to destroy with machine guns! Also shotguns!!!!! One shot kill no aim no skill noob tubes for bad players to equal playing field for them?? Hows that fair????? One pinger on normal server breaks my hitreg, i am having hard time to kill, getting one shot killed by tanks,planes, shotguns and sentries who survive few k bullets in the head. K bullet which penetrate tanks for GOD sake.Thank you!!!!!! I would give you useless bf1 medic weapon and forced you to play all day long on map like soisson to feel what you did to us bf veterans who does not like to use ultimate (read scrub) weapons and vehicles.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    SC0RPl0N wrote: »
    Thank you. I am trying to address anything 'netcode' or hit reaction related. I am still trying to figure out whats the best way to participate in the forums (here, reddit, twitter). I feel like that you players are actually doing a much better job as long as you feel that you are heard and your concerns are answered and tried to get addressed. I do have to read often thru hate and frustration. But i am a gamer too, i get it.

Bad hit detection still is present even if only one high ping player is present on the server. You as a gamer should know that one player should not break fun for other 63. I am glad to see developer discussing with playerbase BIG thank you for that! My question for you : why devs in EVERY bf game bring imbalance in favor to bad players? Why you introduce ultimate weapons, vehicles and classes? Why bf game cant be finally about skill not about weapon/vehicle and op class as sentry in bf1?? For example: in bf4 tanks was already insanely op from the start and experienced tank players could ruin fun for whole enemy teams making insane 100+ or even 200+ kills. It was total unbalance in favor to vehicle players from the start and what you did? You nerfed even more c4 and rpgs and bring insane reload time for AT infantry players! Normal servers are mix of infantry and vehicles they are not vehicle only servers! It should be properly balanced between infantry and vehicles! Now in bf1 pilots have planes from ww1 acting like f16 dropping infantry like a sitting ducks and are difficult to destroy. When i kill pilot with rifle i get almost same amount of points as pilot when he drops me. Now tell me what is odds for me to kill the pilot in your game? Hows that fair? Why you are making constant inbalance in vehicle favor and giving opportunity to abnormal kill streaks for vehicle players???? I dont want to hear how planes should be OP because its not true!!! Best ww1 pilot red baron was killed by infantry men and planes were easy to destroy with machine guns! Also shotguns!!!!! One shot kill no aim no skill noob tubes for bad players to equal playing field for them?? Hows that fair????? One pinger on normal server breaks my hitreg, i am having hard time to kill, getting one shot killed by tanks,planes, shotguns and sentries who survive few k bullets in the head. K bullet which penetrate tanks for GOD sake.Thank you!!!!!! I would give you useless bf1 medic weapon and forced you to play all day long on map like soisson to feel what you did to us bf veterans who does not like to use ultimate (read scrub) weapons and vehicles.

How do you knowmits a high pinger causing the issue and not something else?

K bullets have a different damage model on infantry than tanks to prevent it from not being used "as intended".

Getting one shot by tanks, planes, shotguns is not unusual. I'm not sure what you expect if a tank hits infantry, would you like him to survive? I think that would make the game not balanced anymore.

Some video eould be helpful to see what's going on. Maybe it's just gun mechanics, or a misunderstanding of what should happen? Either way if we could see video maybe we can help out.

@FireteamRED I've seen now quite a few of these vids. It looks like a bug since if you look at your ammo count it keeps resetting meaning that the system hasn't even acknowledged that you took a shot. Something that should be reported.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Have at it.
  • VBALL_MVP

Have at it.

Haven't fully watched it cause for some reason it's all grainy...will look at home.

One thing I did notice is the first scene (no hit with sniper) you bullet was to the left. What's interesting is it was off to the left from ADS...suppression maybe? It was pretty far off to be normal spread IMO.

I can show you screenshot if you like.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Have at it.

Haven't fully watched it cause for some reason it's all grainy...will look at home.

One thing I did notice is the first scene (no hit with sniper) you bullet was to the left. What's interesting is it was off to the left from ADS...suppression maybe? It was pretty far off to be normal spread IMO.

I believe you, I looked for the tracer for like 2 minutes and didn't see it.

I was noticing massive deviation, I point it out later on.

As far as quality.... idk, I got like 3 upload errors, I'm just glad I got it up. Lol
  • BlatantLeaf2199
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rarely use recon class and only do when it seems 3/4 of the players are laying outside the objectives slaughtering the players that are actually playing the objective, but it was apparent that shots fired with visible contact were not registering in any way whatsoever. I found it strange that upon taking these shots the enemy player simply wouldn't flinch, move, etc which made me wonder if they were actually even there. All these multiplayer games seem to be littered with different problems which they never seem to mention until after you spend 59.00 to 99.00 dollars but is it possible that it can be so bad that in respect to all that data flying back and forth errors can arise that corrupt the map layout to the point that what you see isn't exactly what is going on in game play?
  • VBALL_MVP

Have at it.

As far as quality.... idk, I got like 3 upload errors, I'm just glad I got it up. Lol

I got better quality once I got home, don't know what happened. Either way I watched the whole vid, nice work by the way. Couple things I saw.

So as stated before the first scene you missed due to the bullet going left from your sights. I don't know why, could be suppression, but when you see the second image you will see the same thing though you were not suppressed. I guess they made bullet spread pretty drastic, my one critique on that is that it shouldn't be on the first shot (unless supressed) but on following shots based on recovery penalty.

Here is the pic of the first scene bullet left and down (i think the down is due to recoil though). You can see the outline of the target to the right of your sight.

http://imgur.com/CrFTtY1

Here is the second scene tracer is WAAAY right. You can see your sights on the target though.

http://imgur.com/R7py0eo

As for the non-intuitive firing. You bullet didn't hit the window, it hit the guy he was already dead though. Here is a shot right before you shoot. You can see you already got the assist counts as kill. One odd thing I did see is that the first shot you got a hit, the weird thing is you got a double hit marker. Don't know if there was someone behind him or not, but it was odd.

http://imgur.com/gRzIdYZ

As for the 1 frame super position. I didn't see anything honestly, could you tell me what I was looking for? Guy on my screen moved fine, even in slow mo, just you missed. Also can you explain what you meant in the massive bullet deviation one.

Finally, the hit around corner. Suspect, if you look at the kill cam (which we know is delayed) it does look like he possibily has an angle on you. I don't know, its hard to tell only from your aspect. Wish we could see the other side...either way my opinion is that he might have still had an angle on you if it is worth anything.
  • KingTolapsium

Have at it.

I got better quality once I got home, don't know what happened. Either way I watched the whole vid, nice work by the way. Couple things I saw.

So as stated before the first scene you missed due to the bullet going left from your sights. I don't know why, could be suppression, but when you see the second image you will see the same thing though you were not suppressed. I guess they made bullet spread pretty drastic, my one critique on that is that it shouldn't be on the first shot (unless supressed) but on following shots based on recovery penalty.

Here is the pic of the first scene bullet left and down (i think the down is due to recoil though). You can see the outline of the target to the right of your sight.

http://imgur.com/CrFTtY1

Here is the second scene tracer is WAAAY right. You can see your sights on the target though.

http://imgur.com/R7py0eo

As for the non-intuitive firing. You bullet didn't hit the window, it hit the guy he was already dead though. Here is a shot right before you shoot. You can see you already got the assist counts as kill. One odd thing I did see is that the first shot you got a hit, the weird thing is you got a double hit marker. Don't know if there was someone behind him or not, but it was odd.

http://imgur.com/gRzIdYZ

As for the 1 frame super position. I didn't see anything honestly, could you tell me what I was looking for? Guy on my screen moved fine, even in slow mo, just you missed. Also can you explain what you meant in the massive bullet deviation one.

Finally, the hit around corner. Suspect, if you look at the kill cam (which we know is delayed) it does look like he possibily has an angle on you. I don't know, its hard to tell only from your aspect. Wish we could see the other side...either way my opinion is that he might have still had an angle on you if it is worth anything.

That's a really good shot of that tracer, the declination of that tragectory is probably why I missed it.

Hell yeah I was on target..... :cry: Something was not feeling right about the deviation.

The super position the guys model shifts right, like the model is going into a right leaning stationary>run animation, for one frame when I ads, then jumps a full two feet left, with no intermediate animation, straight from leaning right to being left, I'm guessing it was an extrapolation error.

Non intuitive firing... it's only the first bullet that hits the window frame, I readjust and hit at 99 dmg, then get the assist, 3 shots, only the first was blocked. No damage for shooting the window frame, it sparks and everything.

I don't doubt I wasn't behind cover for him, but I was behind cover on my screen, mostly that gun is bull, especially in the hands of higher latency, the gun designers are idiots (in one instance) aiming for such high rof weapons.

Bullet deviation is supposed to augment tragectory, but with what you can see the bullet is literally coming out of my gun so far it's almost out of the sights, from what I understand it's only supposed to be a few degrees. I could do the math, but I think it's close to 6 or 7 degrees, which is balls, especially for first shot inaccuracy.
  • BoCutta
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nope making excuses for a garbage game. If it's wack say its wack. Its wack. It's not balance the guns ain't balance the map suck. Too noob friendly. Where's the stopping power at point blank. It takes 3 bullets 10 yards away. 3 bullets 100 yards away really. Don't get me started the the spawning. In conquest if you don't capture a flag in a certain time frame you should be kick. Why do my win% have to suffer because little Timmy wants to camp and not PTFO
  • denjoga
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    I understand why it frustrates you, but why should little Timmy have to play his game your way just because you care about win/loss % and he's maybe more concerned with k/d or getting a sniping medal or unlocking something?

Believe me, I get annoyed when 3/4 of the team are sniping from the edge of the map but, in the end, it's only a game - it's meant for fun and different folks get their fun via different strokes.
    Sometimes I ptfo like a monkey-fighter* and score near the top. Other times my priorities are different (like, currently trying to get 5 explosive kills in a life, for a medal) and so my k/d and overall score suffer.

Play your own game and let others play theirs.

*stupid language filter
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Haven't seen that one yet but have you had the non-firing tank when you spawn into it? Especially the French tank but have had it with others and happens regardless which seat and configuration...simply spawn into a tank and whichever weapon i'm on does not fire, even jumping out and in doesn't 'fix' it. Loaded some clips sometime ago, would have to try to re-find them and it's not like the weapon is disabled.
  • WILDSC0RPI0N
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    SC0RPl0N wrote: »

How do you knowmits a high pinger causing the issue and not something else?

K bullets have a different damage model on infantry than tanks to prevent it from not being used "as intended".

Getting one shot by tanks, planes, shotguns is not unusual. I'm not sure what you expect if a tank hits infantry, would you like him to survive? I think that would make the game not balanced anymore.

Some video eould be helpful to see what's going on. Maybe it's just gun mechanics, or a misunderstanding of what should happen? Either way if we could see video maybe we can help out.

@FireteamRED I've seen now quite a few of these vids. It looks like a bug since if you look at your ammo count it keeps resetting meaning that the system hasn't even acknowledged that you took a shot. Something that should be reported.

I know because i feel bad hitreg every time when one high pinger join on the server. I never wrote that tank should not drop infantry with one shot. Its ok that tank driver can get multiple kills with one shell but also his tank should be much more vulnerable than it is in last bf games. It would prevent insane killstreaks by vehicles and vehicle farming over infantry. Tanks vs infantry was much better balanced in bf2 and that game was really fun to play.