Hit Detection

Comments

• kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SC0RPl0N wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    mischkag wrote: »
    Thank you. I am trying to address anything 'netcode' or hit reaction related. I am still trying to figure out whats the best way to participate in the forums (here, reddit, twitter). I feel like that you players are actually doing a much better job as long as you feel that you are heard and your concerns are answered and tried to get addressed. I do have to read often thru hate and frustration. But i am a gamer too, i get it.

Bad hit detection still is present even if only one high ping player is present on the server. You as a gamer should know that one player should not break fun for other 63. I am glad to see developer discussing with playerbase BIG thank you for that! My question for you : why devs in EVERY bf game bring imbalance in favor to bad players? Why you introduce ultimate weapons, vehicles and classes? Why bf game cant be finally about skill not about weapon/vehicle and op class as sentry in bf1?? For example: in bf4 tanks was already insanely op from the start and experienced tank players could ruin fun for whole enemy teams making insane 100+ or even 200+ kills. It was total unbalance in favor to vehicle players from the start and what you did? You nerfed even more c4 and rpgs and bring insane reload time for AT infantry players! Normal servers are mix of infantry and vehicles they are not vehicle only servers! It should be properly balanced between infantry and vehicles! Now in bf1 pilots have planes from ww1 acting like f16 dropping infantry like a sitting ducks and are difficult to destroy. When i kill pilot with rifle i get almost same amount of points as pilot when he drops me. Now tell me what is odds for me to kill the pilot in your game? Hows that fair? Why you are making constant inbalance in vehicle favor and giving opportunity to abnormal kill streaks for vehicle players???? I dont want to hear how planes should be OP because its not true!!! Best ww1 pilot red baron was killed by infantry men and planes were easy to destroy with machine guns! Also shotguns!!!!! One shot kill no aim no skill noob tubes for bad players to equal playing field for them?? Hows that fair????? One pinger on normal server breaks my hitreg, i am having hard time to kill, getting one shot killed by tanks,planes, shotguns and sentries who survive few k bullets in the head. K bullet which penetrate tanks for GOD sake.Thank you!!!!!! I would give you useless bf1 medic weapon and forced you to play all day long on map like soisson to feel what you did to us bf veterans who does not like to use ultimate (read scrub) weapons and vehicles.

How do you knowmits a high pinger causing the issue and not something else?

K bullets have a different damage model on infantry than tanks to prevent it from not being used "as intended".

Getting one shot by tanks, planes, shotguns is not unusual. I'm not sure what you expect if a tank hits infantry, would you like him to survive? I think that would make the game not balanced anymore.

Some video eould be helpful to see what's going on. Maybe it's just gun mechanics, or a misunderstanding of what should happen? Either way if we could see video maybe we can help out.

@FireteamRED I've seen now quite a few of these vids. It looks like a bug since if you look at your ammo count it keeps resetting meaning that the system hasn't even acknowledged that you took a shot. Something that should be reported.

I know because i feel bad hitreg every time when one high pinger join on the server. I never wrote that tank should not drop infantry with one shot. Its ok that tank driver can get multiple kills with one shell but also his tank should be much more vulnerable than it is in last bf games. It would prevent insane killstreaks by vehicles and vehicle farming over infantry. Tanks vs infantry was much better balanced in bf2 and that game was really fun to play.

One high pinger ruins the game - check please...I've had absolutely great gameplay without a single player exceeding 100 ping (once in a blue moon) then add on player over 100 ping or fluctuating all over the place and the game goes to pot. I know i upload too many vids but have more from the dlc French maps where there are 9 players over 100 and a few of those are 300 - 999 and the game is a mess, nearly half of my team quit due to these issues and a decent portion of the other team as well - wish i could vote this up more than once.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mischkag wrote: »
    Thank you. I am trying to address anything 'netcode' or hit reaction related. I am still trying to figure out whats the best way to participate in the forums (here, reddit, twitter). I feel like that you players are actually doing a much better job as long as you feel that you are heard and your concerns are answered and tried to get addressed. I do have to read often thru hate and frustration. But i am a gamer too, i get it.

Bad hit detection still is present even if only one high ping player is present on the server. You as a gamer should know that one player should not break fun for other 63. I am glad to see developer discussing with playerbase BIG thank you for that! My question for you : why devs in EVERY bf game bring imbalance in favor to bad players? Why you introduce ultimate weapons, vehicles and classes? Why bf game cant be finally about skill not about weapon/vehicle and op class as sentry in bf1?? For example: in bf4 tanks was already insanely op from the start and experienced tank players could ruin fun for whole enemy teams making insane 100+ or even 200+ kills. It was total unbalance in favor to vehicle players from the start and what you did? You nerfed even more c4 and rpgs and bring insane reload time for AT infantry players! Normal servers are mix of infantry and vehicles they are not vehicle only servers! It should be properly balanced between infantry and vehicles! Now in bf1 pilots have planes from ww1 acting like f16 dropping infantry like a sitting ducks and are difficult to destroy. When i kill pilot with rifle i get almost same amount of points as pilot when he drops me. Now tell me what is odds for me to kill the pilot in your game? Hows that fair? Why you are making constant inbalance in vehicle favor and giving opportunity to abnormal kill streaks for vehicle players???? I dont want to hear how planes should be OP because its not true!!! Best ww1 pilot red baron was killed by infantry men and planes were easy to destroy with machine guns! Also shotguns!!!!! One shot kill no aim no skill noob tubes for bad players to equal playing field for them?? Hows that fair????? One pinger on normal server breaks my hitreg, i am having hard time to kill, getting one shot killed by tanks,planes, shotguns and sentries who survive few k bullets in the head. K bullet which penetrate tanks for GOD sake.Thank you!!!!!! I would give you useless bf1 medic weapon and forced you to play all day long on map like soisson to feel what you did to us bf veterans who does not like to use ultimate (read scrub) weapons and vehicles.

How do you knowmits a high pinger causing the issue and not something else?

K bullets have a different damage model on infantry than tanks to prevent it from not being used "as intended".

Getting one shot by tanks, planes, shotguns is not unusual. I'm not sure what you expect if a tank hits infantry, would you like him to survive? I think that would make the game not balanced anymore.

Some video eould be helpful to see what's going on. Maybe it's just gun mechanics, or a misunderstanding of what should happen? Either way if we could see video maybe we can help out.

@FireteamRED I've seen now quite a few of these vids. It looks like a bug since if you look at your ammo count it keeps resetting meaning that the system hasn't even acknowledged that you took a shot. Something that should be reported.

I know because i feel bad hitreg every time when one high pinger join on the server. I never wrote that tank should not drop infantry with one shot. Its ok that tank driver can get multiple kills with one shell but also his tank should be much more vulnerable than it is in last bf games. It would prevent insane killstreaks by vehicles and vehicle farming over infantry. Tanks vs infantry was much better balanced in bf2 and that game was really fun to play.

So basically you really don't have data, you are making an assumption through a previous bias against high ping. Tell me, have you tried high ping? What have you done and tested to ensure it's not your side? How do you not know you just missed, or it's a low pinger with bad internet, or you?

Tanks are very vulnerable in this game. They are slower, have limited turret mobility, and there are many more weapons to damage them. All if this and they don't self heal. No tanks are super easy to kill here compared to previous titles. I suggest to go back to BF4 to refreshen your memory on how tanks used to be.

• FireteamRED
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Now I'm starting to feel the pain with this latest patch. Bad hit detection and lag. My KD and gameplay has suffered. Come on DICE , you can do better than this. Please use bf4 as a template ... you got that game running really nice when you guys are working hard.
  • UrinDenialP
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    changed isp.
    the game plays much better.

• Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Now I'm starting to feel the pain with this latest patch. Bad hit detection and lag. My KD and gameplay has suffered. Come on DICE , you can do better than this. Please use bf4 as a template ... you got that game running really nice when you guys are working hard.

BF4 hit reg and netcode is a #$%^ show. Hands down better than it was on release though. The tickrate/hfu changes helped a lot, but it also damaged a lot because of massive latency variations amongst all the players on the server.

Now if all 64p are under 60 and stable it's absolutely beautiful. The same for BF1.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    changed isp.
    the game plays much better.

Good to hear. Now hopefully Asia will get their underwater line fixed so they can have normal play again.
  • denjoga
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

BF4 hit reg and netcode is a #$%^ show. Hands down better than it was on release though. The tickrate/hfu changes helped a lot, but it also damaged a lot because of massive latency variations amongst all the players on the server.

Now if all 64p are under 60 and stable it's absolutely beautiful. The same for BF1.

I was gonna say...
    The last time I tried playing BF4 again, it was absolutely that kind of show.
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I live in US East and have a ping under 25 consistently - hardwired with a hardwire controller and have to say after 400+ hours if there are any players in the server over 100 ping the game goes to pot. Have hours of footage and since the DLC dropped it has been significantly worse - reasons?
    Just today had a game with everyone in the game was under 100, even 80 ping and everything was snappy and fun - the next game there were several (8) players from 100 - 999 and went 7-18 with tons of times unloading on targets, close range with a shotgun (ok - it was the sjorgen - so it sucked) and get no hit markers time after time...managed to get into a another game with low ping players and great game then of course the next game 13 players with ping issues and the game was horrible - side note the smoothing factor that has been added is a farce (all it does is smooth over the blurbs and which makes the game feel worse when you are shooting a guy prone not paying attention to you with all 5 shots and then reload and he's alive with 100% health - um, wtf?) - it makes the game smooth but just as much mess.
    The new DLC drops in a few days and i wanted to log a few hours so i was prepped for whatever was coming and while it all looks spiffy - if DICE does not put in 100 ping limiters and/or regional locks - i could careless, the game is simply broken with high ping players.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    kniphtee wrote: »
    I live in US East and have a ping under 25 consistently - hardwired with a hardwire controller and have to say after 400+ hours if there are any players in the server over 100 ping the game goes to pot. Have hours of footage and since the DLC dropped it has been significantly worse - reasons?
    Just today had a game with everyone in the game was under 100, even 80 ping and everything was snappy and fun - the next game there were several (8) players from 100 - 999 and went 7-18 with tons of times unloading on targets, close range with a shotgun (ok - it was the sjorgen - so it sucked) and get no hit markers time after time...managed to get into a another game with low ping players and great game then of course the next game 13 players with ping issues and the game was horrible - side note the smoothing factor that has been added is a farce (all it does is smooth over the blurbs and which makes the game feel worse when you are shooting a guy prone not paying attention to you with all 5 shots and then reload and he's alive with 100% health - um, wtf?) - it makes the game smooth but just as much mess.
    The new DLC drops in a few days and i wanted to log a few hours so i was prepped for whatever was coming and while it all looks spiffy - if DICE does not put in 100 ping limiters and/or regional locks - i could careless, the game is simply broken with high ping players.

Why no screenshot. .......or video?

Asking for a friend. :smiley:
  • rdiasfreitas
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hello everyone, I keep reading this thread from time to time, I would like to share my experience.

I'm not a good player, this is my first FPS since 2002 Counter Strike on PC, but I'm definitely far from a terrible player.

My ping is always between 4ms to 8ms (SA server). I have a low ping and a high speed wired connection.

Since April the game is very hard to be played, it's very difficult to kill an enemy even with the Hellriegel.

Shotguns are impossible, I miss every shot...

I became sad, THIS IS A GREAT GAME, but I had to decide to become a good medic, so at least I can keep reviving people and contributing to the team, lol

I don't want to be in a advantage situation because of my low ping, but I was tired to be in the disadvantaged side!

I think DICE must work in the infamous netcode to be reasonable. I just can't believe that high pingers can ruin a game, and be in an advantage situation against low pingers.

But this week I had GREAT NEWS (for me, at least): since yesterday (and today, specially), it looks like the game is much better. I don't know if DICE patched the servers or if something changed, but hell, the experience is amazing again. I die a lot, but now I can kill a lot to! Nice! :smile:

I don't know if you guys had this change in the game as well, or if this is just a coincidence and all is going to be broken again tomorrow... :neutral:

Thanks for all the comments you share in this thread, they give me hope that this can change!

Cheers
  • HillbillyJohn
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lots of vids showing how broken the game is but the video analysis expert here always blames the player or their internet so what's the use of posting a vid.
  • VBALL_MVP
    Lots of vids showing how broken the game is but the video analysis expert here always blames the player or their internet so what's the use of posting a vid.

And there have been screenshots of those vids showing that it was a miss, latency icons, etc. Some people get salty about being criticized. Others see the evidence, and move on. And other choose to just ignore it and pretend like there is no counter to their claims.

@kniphtee there is a bug that has been identified with shotguns not causing damage. It is being looked into since players have shown indisputable proof. The tank issue (where shots are not being acknowledged) is also being looked at. Both at first were being blamed for something else, once you thoroughly watch the vids though you see it's a bug and nothing to do with oor, lag, internet, etc etc
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

And there have been screenshots of those vids showing that it was a miss, latency icons, etc. Some people get salty about being criticized. Others see the evidence, and move on. And other choose to just ignore it and pretend like there is no counter to their claims.

@kniphtee there is a bug that has been identified with shotguns not causing damage. It is being looked into since players have shown indisputable proof. The tank issue (where shots are not being acknowledged) is also being looked at. Both at first were being blamed for something else, once you thoroughly watch the vids though you see it's a bug and nothing to do with oor, lag, internet, etc etc

Oh, you mean people actually post their videos as indisputable evidence when reporting such "bugs"!?

Interesting........ If only the so called "majority" would do such a thing.
  • HillbillyJohn
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Letting one forum member flame everyone that has issues with the game is a big disservice to the community.
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited September 2017
    Letting one forum member flame everyone that has issues with the game is a big disservice to the community.

Is that so. Hey @KingTolapsium was my response to your video a flame and non productive?

I don't know why you come in here just to try to make waves. I am curious on your breakdown of kings video.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Is that so. Hey @KingTolapsium was my response to your video a flame and non productive?

I'm triggered.

..... and on a non-sarcastic note, no, it was productive.
  • VBALL_MVP

I'm triggered.

Thanks.

So you can either be part of the solution Hillbilly and bring in some video proof of current gameplay or just go away...the thread has been pretty productive lately.

And just to note, the more vids that are put out, the more answers we all get, regardless if it was or wasn't actual hit detection issues.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I'm triggered.

Thanks.

So you can either be part of the solution Hillbilly and bring in some video proof of current gameplay or just go away...the thread has been pretty productive lately.

And just to note, the more vids that are put out, the more answers we all get, regardless if it was or wasn't actual hit detection issues.

Exactly, even after taking hours to put that video together, I still falsely identified massive bullet deviation as a missed shot in a few instances, but that doesn't discredit the actual hit reg issues.

It's a lot easier to chunk through issues with more eyes on the footage.
  • HillbillyJohn

I don't know why you come in here just to try to make waves. I am curious on your breakdown of kings video.

What makes you think I was talking about you?
  • mmarkweII

I'm triggered.

Thanks.

Exactly, even after taking hours to put that video together, I still falsely identified massive bullet deviation as a missed shot in a few instances, but that doesn't discredit the actual hit reg issues.

It's a lot easier to chunk through issues with more eyes on the footage.

The more eyes using an unbiased, keeping emotions in check, approach the better IMO.