Are shotguns useless now?

Comments

• El_Chuzalongo
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    It's an embarrassment that a SHOOTER game has a bug preventing damage from shots.

Imagine getting F1 2017 and after a patch you can no longer turn left.

I am gonna write to news outlets about this issue because is a fairy cakes disgrace. A chocolate fudge fiasco. A slap in the face for us loyal customers.

How is it possible that a game developer stays quiet about this kind of problem? How hard is to drop a couple of lines in any social media about the issue and fixing it?

What the are they doing at the office? Laughing at us while we suffer playing the game?

Omg dude... 1 weapon has a bug and you keep on rambling about it.
    Choose a different weapon/shotgun and get back to the M97 when its fixed.

I guess everything you do in live works out perfect? Never make a mistake..?

It's not one weapon. The bug is affecting a range of shotguns.

And mistakes can happen but I don't understand why is being so quiet about it. A hot fix should have been release already because it is a gamebreaking bug. And, also, every player should be informed of it through the oficial channels. Otherwise you might think something is wrong with your game, console, internet, etc.

Shame, shame, shame! DICE.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's an embarrassment that a SHOOTER game has a bug preventing damage from shots.

I am gonna write to news outlets about this issue because is a fairy cakes disgrace. A chocolate fudge fiasco. A slap in the face for us loyal customers.

How is it possible that a game developer stays quiet about this kind of problem? How hard is to drop a couple of lines in any social media about the issue and fixing it?

What the are they doing at the office? Laughing at us while we suffer playing the game?

And mistakes can happen but I don't understand why is being so quiet about it. A hot fix should have been release already because it is a gamebreaking bug. And, also, every player should be informed of it through the oficial channels. Otherwise you might think something is wrong with your game, console, internet, etc.

There are freaking 40+ weapons available.. use one that works well and switch back to your noobcanon when its fixed...
    Get over it dude, this i really your biggest issue in your life?...
  • Claypole1
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    I just played with he Tank Hunter kit, and got killed because the sawed off shotgun did no damage whatsoever at point blank range.

It's not ok to have aspects of the game that don't function as intended.
    Post edited by Claypole1 on
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    I just played with he Tank Hunter kit, and got killed because the sawed off shotgun did no damage whatsoever at point blank range. Nice...

Yea had it too..
  • ElliotLH
    8690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    I just played with he Tank Hunter kit, and got killed because the sawed off shotgun did no damage whatsoever at point blank range. Nice...

Yea had it too..

Ditto, but also managed some kills with the sawn-off too so it might be like some of the others where it will work sometimes.
  • realkelach
    245 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

There are freaking 40+ weapons available.. use one that works well and switch back to your noobcanon when its fixed...

I was just thinking this.
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can confirm Sjogren affected as well.
  • Tmpst
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ah, well, at least it's not just me. Usually not using shotguns, but grabbed the 10-A Hunter for the medal, sneaked up on a scout at point blank and had to use two rounds at point blank to do a head shot while aiming down the sight (at ~30cm distance)… Not a fan of "shotgun snipers" either, but I should have noticed them being absent last few days.
  • Phoenux289
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Sjogren and 12G.

I join the club guys!
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Phoenux289 wrote: »

Sjogren and 12G.

I join the club guys!

Lol 10A is the only one which doesn't seem to be affected. It's like DICE finally are done with the charade of saying there's a choice in shotguns and have just removed all the damage from the rest of them
  • ElliotLH
    8690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tmpst wrote: »
    Ah, well, at least it's not just me. Usually not using shotguns, but grabbed the 10-A Hunter for the medal, sneaked up on a scout at point blank and had to use two rounds at point blank to do a head shot while aiming down the sight (at ~30cm distance)… Not a fan of "shotgun snipers" either, but I should have noticed them being absent last few days.

How odd as the 10-A, both Hunter and Slug, are the two I'm not having a problem with. I even used them both to complete what I think is the same medal you're working on.
  • El_Chuzalongo
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

So what if there are +40 weapons? Why should I have to work through DICE incompetence?

I don't have a mediocre mentality and I paid for a product that I expect to work as intended.

And yes I have other issues in life but that doesn't mean I can't dedicate a few minutes each day on this particular issue.

If you are the type of guy that is okay in paying for something and getting crap in return, fine by me but don't expect other people seeing things the same way.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13498 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Why should I have to work through DICE incompetence?
    How is it incompetence? Bugs happen and are usually as a result of an oversight or a conflict in the code.

With the millions upon millions, Even BILLIONS of lines of code, There is no way anybody could account for changes in some of the code causing conflicts in other parts of the code.

Even Microsoft has released bad updates, Nvidia released a driver that caused GPU's to Burn themselves out, even catching FIRE due to the code in the software disabling the cooling system.
    I don't have a mediocre mentality and I paid for a product that I expect to work as intended.
    And it does work as intended ( minus the occasional unforeseen bugs which DO happen from time to time )
    If you are the type of guy that is okay in paying for something and getting crap in return, fine by me but don't expect other people seeing things the same way.

I would hardly consider a software patch breaking SOME features "crap".. It happens, as with any software out there.
  • Arrowpatrol
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why should I have to work through DICE incompetence?
    How is it incompetence? Bugs happen and are usually as a result of an oversight or a conflict in the code.

With the millions upon millions, Even BILLIONS of lines of code, There is no way anybody could account for changes in some of the code causing conflicts in other parts of the code.

Even Microsoft has released bad updates, Nvidia released a driver that caused GPU's to Burn themselves out, even catching FIRE due to the code in the software disabling the cooling system.
    And it does work as intended ( minus the occasional unforeseen bugs which DO happen from time to time )

I would hardly consider a software patch breaking SOME features "crap".. It happens, as with any software out there.

Ok then why doesn't EA just come out and say "shotguns have encountered a bug in our update and we are looking to fix this problem". That is what any competent company would do. Recognize that their is a problem and acknowledge a timeline towards fixing it.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13498 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Ok then why doesn't EA just come out and say "shotguns have encountered a bug in our update and we are looking to fix this problem". That is what any competent company would do. Recognize that their is a problem and acknowledge a timeline towards fixing it.

Maybe because they know about it and are in the midst of fixing it?

I think judging from the amount of posts on the forum about the issue, It would be fairly difficult for DICE to not know that the last patch inadvertently glitched other things.
  • Beakerb43
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think judging from the amount of posts on the forum about the issue, It would be fairly difficult for DICE to not know that the last patch inadvertently glitched other things.

You are either intentionally not acknowledging what the people making these posts are saying, or you are just missing the point. If DICE would have just acknowledged it, there wouldn't be this many people saying it's an issue. It's the silence people are upset about, in my opinion of course.
  • IllIllIII
    Beakerb43 wrote: »

You are either intentionally not acknowledging what the people making these posts are saying, or you are just missing the point. If DICE would have just acknowledged it, there wouldn't be this many people saying it's an issue. It's the silence people are upset about, in my opinion of course.

If so nany people say some shotguns are broken then you can assume they are broken.
    Now move on and get over it, it will be fixed eventually and this WILL be in the patchnotes.
  • Beakerb43
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You will notice I said nothing about shotguns. I said nothing about something being broken by a patch. I am talking about the fact that a little communication would have stopped this from getting out of hand...to an extent. this is forumfield after all
  • IllIllIII
    Beakerb43 wrote: »
    You will notice I said nothing about shotguns. I said nothing about something being broken by a patch. I am talking about the fact that a little communication would have stopped this from getting out of hand...to an extent. this is forumfield after all

Nothing is out of hand....
  • Rumskas
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PS4 Can confirm M97 shotgun is totally broke (A10 seems fine). First shot seems like registers fine, its the following fast shots that not registering, even when you're dead center on enemy.