Weekly BF

It takes ages to rank up

evans03079
27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
It takes ages to rank up from 90 to 100. I have recently got back to playing Battlefield 1 after a month or two, have they made it more difficult to rank up now or has it always taken this long? I get top 5 in every game of Conquest I play.

Comments

• mihai2011rom
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It does but it's meaningless in the end. I've been 110 since the 1st week of the 1st dlc. You can't see the xp you earned during the match. Boring.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's always took this long, the ranks take less time once you get to 100.
  • 19lee78
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just got 93, think i'll still be going until they increase it.
  • evans03079
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    It does but it's meaningless in the end. I've been 110 since the 1st week of the 1st dlc. You can't see the xp you earned during the match. Boring.

I only want rank 100 for the rank 100 dog tag. I have wanted it from launch lol. Yeah I can imagine being max rank has its downs. I don't think I'd ever get max rank, it's taken me days to rank up from 90 to 93.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ranks are meaningless why bother?
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ranks are meaningless why bother?

Yep. I always scrap my XP boosts cause you can have all the guns you will ever need by rank 20-30 and from there it's a bonus.
  • Gmkillers
    1239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It does but I'm not bothered as once you hit 110 it's boring.
  • Phoenux289
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm near level 110 and I must say it's one one the easiest Battlefield...
  • BigF33t_13
    6717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's just a number.
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    after level 70 it's all pointless. i always felt after level 70 ,instead of warbonds start earning scraps or a superior battlepack, so at least you have something to shoot for.
  • ballsdeep4991
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not really, come back and have this discussion when you're going from 99 to 100.
  • DaMutha1
    1280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Get max rank or be damned
  • Krkan_xD
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Then u are not playing enough (or u are playing TDM all time)

i took me about 7 days to lvl up from 90 to 100,2 days from 100 to 110
    normaly when i have time + squad xp boost i can get 2-3 m xp per day
  • USAFguy22
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    99 to 100 is great fun, trust me :D

Lol yeah I think it estimated 72 or 73 hours for me, but this was before ribbons so my SPM was a bit lower back then. 100-110 is cake.
  • astraussdc
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh, yeah, I remember that late 90s leveling, it was awhile go now. Everyone I played with use to talk about how little the bar moved each round.
  • MurfCr
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    2.6 million from 99 to 100. As stated before just a number that ensures you get dipped more when killed by a level 40.
  • JediScum81
    1438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Rank 99-100 is a real grind... Rank 100-110 is straightforward enough. Rank 120 is available today with 'In the Name of Tsar' DLC http://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/TSAR-DLC-NEW-DOTAGS-ADDED-RANK-120/td-p/6247040
  • OrionPherrit
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As in other games, the qauntity of experience points to level up increases geometrically, however this one seems steeper than average. From looking up the progression system on the BF Wiki, by the time you get up to full bird (colonel), you looking at two million and a half XP between levels. After that, you only require a half million per level until you max out at brigadier (1-star) general.

I can't find info on the BattleAffront progression system, but it felt subjectively easier to become a full centurian after just over 200 hours of gameplay. Of course, I took advantage of every double & triple-score weekend event, and there were a lot of weapons & skins to be won at the higher levels to distract us.

Currently, I'm level 85 Major, and am getting majorly bored with the game. I've obtained all the weapons I wanted and warbonds are about as useful as Confederate money at this point. Unless Russia & the other DLC revive my interest, I doubt I will have the patience to max out. I don't want it to be my Destiny to devote the rest of my life grinding away at a single video game. :/