Introducing Service Assignments - Please Give Feedback

Comments

• skyro68
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If I will buy Battlefield ™ 1 Shortcut Kit: Ultimate Bundle, all weapons from new patch are unlocked ?
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    skyro68 wrote: »
    If I will buy Battlefield ™ 1 Shortcut Kit: Ultimate Bundle, all weapons from new patch are unlocked ?

No, it doesn't unlock assignment weapons, just weapons from the base game
  • skyro68
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks, I saw after I bought the bundles, I just lost 39.99 euros - the other weapons I had unlocked :(
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks, I saw after I bought the bundles, I just lost 39.99 euros - the other weapons I had unlocked :(

You should have waited for an answer lol
  • DavTan
    862 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So is it the case that if you don't do these ridiculous service assignments then you don't get the special perks and are therefore at a extreme disadvantage to someone who has?
    If it is the case then it doesn't sound like good game balance to me
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do you have to do the assignments in the order they are listed?
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Bwahaha!
  • necropxhyte
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    if it hasnt been already requested here - make the service assignments (& progress) somehow visible while in-game, like the weekly medals are (in the ESC menu). now after i did one task, i needed to quit game to get to the main bf menu to see whats the next task.
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    US East servers aren't running yet for xbone...maybe tomorrow i'll post thoughts...
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    K1saac wrote: »
    How about adding other factors to a challenge objective. Instead of just revives or kills how about revive a number allies who then participate in a flag capture (within one minute or something) or get a kill. If you want to make it more complex you could change get a kill to get a revenge kill or counter sniping kill, or maybe a kill with a certain weapon type. For support, maybe repair a stationary weapon that is used to get a kill by you or a teammate within a certain time frame. If you want to make something difficult to accomplish, at least make it positively impact the game. If you really want to make a mission for rifle grenades, make it TDM only.

Why add more mundane tasks to an already long list of mundane tasks?
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cool you don't have to do them in order and can get them anytime
  • GrizzGolf
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't read much of the post. Why should I want to unlock these?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And apparently Dice didn't listen at all and included dlc content as requirements to unlock specializations. Nice job. Really nice.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Would like to see the progress in game..
  • wiazabi
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here is some feedback.

This is absolutely horrible in every way possible for players who want to play the game the way they want or PTFO as this does the complete opposite of making me want to do anything but try and do the things required to unlock these new specialization, by doing a tedious long list of tasks ( pray you get that finishing blow on plane tank etc ).

I dont even know why i never noticed that specialization was not something just unlocked fully for everyone, i mean i find the weapons unlocks sorta doable but there is 0 fun in doing em its just me not PTFO or enjoying myself until this unlock nightmare is over i sorta thought that the weapon unlocks would be enough but wow was i wrong cause this new addition is a big letdown and i dont even know what the thought was behind it or why this tedious grind + luck based unlocking is even part of the game its not some mmorpg where you should be adding quests.

Let me just show this one as i find it really shows the horrible things you are forcing people to do and how much of a dont play how you like cause now
    "YOU MUST PLAY AND DO WHAT WE SAY"

10 It's Where you Stand
    Challenge #1 Destroy 10 Tanks on Amiens
    Challenge #2 Perform 25 Melee kills on Argonne Forest
    Challenge #3 Perform 100 Shotgun Kills on Ballroom Blitz
    Challenge #4 Perform 5 Multi-kills on Monte Grappa
    Challenge #5 Perform 50 Headshots on Nivelle Nights
    Challenge #6 Kill 25 enemies with debris
    Medic - Stimulant Syringe

I dont even have words for how ridicules that is.

Also when you say "More experienced players should also find the Service Assignments rewarding with new ways to test themselves and their skill." <- No this just means the people who will do em are people who do em together as in they do em with friends that drive over their mines or fly planes for em to shoot down or make em get that pilot headshot the list goes on.
  • jrmpt
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just had a horrible gaming experience. Had to run medic, sacrificing the medkit in order to use the frag rifle grenade. With everyone running flak, the frag rifle nade are doing super low damage. In 3 maps i got 4 kills (need 30). This no-sense just made me play in headless mode, getting horrible k/d/points and getting flamed by my squad mates because of no heals.

I play ptfo medic but no way I will do the challanges for the Stimulant Syringe.

Thanks dice.
  • Darrenbattlelog
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Heres my feedback. Unless you really want any others but the first 3 you have to grind. Besides the first 3 the others are subpar. Like the support for example. Its for a certain play style, bipoded play. So the ones that run and gun get nothing using support? How about a 15% reload buff specialization for the support? My prediction is alot of people just running the 3 given. Not enough bonus to run anything else. I can say this unlocking these things in the dlc are tough, using some weapons I avoid that are subpar to say the least
  • Fl0ff667
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Having some of the assignment gated behind DLC content and/or puzzle melee weapons is ridiculous and that's coming from a person that has premium, it's unfair for people who don't have the DLC weapons.

I'm against assignment that are absolutely counter to the idea of teamwork and playing your class

If you want, rather than gate content behind ridiculous assignments that promotes boosting
    have these assignments unlock dog-tags, not game changing specializations and weapons
    Seriously I can't think how some of those assignments are doable without insane luck and grind or help from a friend
    *Cough* *Cough* head shotting a pilot with a rifle

I didn't pay for premium to run around waiting for squad-mates on low health, not healing them and hoping for them to die so I can get a squad revive.
  • mph199
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fl0ff667 wrote: »
    Having some of the assignment gated behind DLC content and/or puzzle melee weapons is ridiculous and that's coming from a person that has premium, it's unfair for people who don't have the DLC weapons.

I'm against assignment that are absolutely counter to the idea of teamwork and playing your class

If you want, rather than gate content behind ridiculous assignments that promotes boosting
    have these assignments unlock dog-tags, not game changing specializations and weapons
    Seriously I can't think how some of those assignments are doable without insane luck and grind or help from a friend
    *Cough* *Cough* head shotting a pilot with a rifle

I didn't pay for premium to run around waiting for squad-mates on low health, not healing them and hoping for them to die so I can get a squad revive.

+1... If I wanted all this make-busywork errand boy stuff, I'd go back to grinding GTAV...

I've just decided to quit chasing medals/weapons/assignments altogether -- Anything I unlock will be through my normal everyday playstyle...
  • DIAV0L
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So basically all feedback was ignored and service assighment was released as they were in their first interation? Good job.
    Just move all of these assighments to dogtag and codex sections and change them to simply:
    first class-restricted perk - play X hours of that class, 10 seems okay to me
    second class-restricted perk - get X points for this class, 50000 seems okay to me
    all other all-class perks - get X kills for X class, like:
    bayonet training - 200-300 kills as assault
    hasty retreat - 200-300 kills as medic
    inconspicuous - 200-300 kills as support
    quick unspot - 200-300 kills as scout
    Everyone happy and who are really want some grinding would still receive it.