Supply Drop - is a KD paradise

OG-N2rock
1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited September 2017
I just played 3 games. And right off the bat I see that this mode is heaven for the players that only care about KD, and don't care about the playing the objective, and/or winning.
The supply drop capture zones are tiny, and are completely in the open. So it forces the PTFO players into a tiny killbox that is completely exposed. Leaving them wide open to snipers, LMG's, and mortars. Of the 3 games I played this morning (mind you, these were the first times I've played any of these maps), I had very few kills but in 2 of them I was top (or near the top) of the leaderboard in score, because I was on the drops capping all the time. Meanwhile there were lots of players (on both teams) that never once moved into the cap, just sat back racking up kills - they would end up with very high KD's (which I'm sure made them very happy).
I'm sure some will say "it's no different than any other mode". And that is true to a degree. But the tiny cap zones, and being completely exposed makes this totally different.
Post edited by OG-N2rock on

Comments

• OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nice, maybe the Conquest camping kd-junks can finally **** off now...

LOL... Well if they have premium, I imagine they will
  • dcs500
    1387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Supply drop, sounds like.... care package.
    :(
  • 1SuperstarNisho
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Use smoke....

I don't expect this game mode to be very popular and think it will die away shortly but atleast it has our playerbase do something slightly different to the other game modes while it lasts.
  • sirghislandi
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would it be good to play to unlock the new weapons faster?
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    Supply drop, sounds like.... care package.
    :(

Sounds more like CoD to me...
  • 1SuperstarNisho
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Good idea. Judging from the OP with the right tactics it can be.
  • OG-N2rock
    edited September 2017

Definitely will help to get the sniper kills faster.
  • Skill4Reel
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is the same as every other game mode. One team is usually extremely hesitant to move and take control of the objective. While the other team dominates the map, and holds them in one place the whole time. In the four matches of supply drop that I've played. They all have gone the same way.
  • OG-N2rock
    Skill4Reel wrote: »
    It is the same as every other game mode. One team is usually extremely hesitant to move and take control of the objective. While the other team dominates the map, and holds them in one place the whole time. In the four matches of supply drop that I've played. They all have gone the same way.

Yes, of course it's like that just like every other mode. The difference is that the cap radius is tiny, and is completely exposed. So it makes it super easy for the KD **** to just stand back and get kills the entire time.
  • Skill4Reel
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @OG-N2rock Maybe so, but I've been in matches that were so one sided. Where the final score was 500 - 16. That means one team barely touched the objectives at all.
  • H3rr_Trigg3r
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @OG-N2rock Maybe so, but I've been in matches that were so one sided. Where the final score was 500 - 16. That means one team barely touched the objectives at all.

^^^^This. Running into an opposing team full of platoon mates is usually a nightmare unless they are all terrible(which I assume is rare). I ran into a good platoon and lost 4 straight matches where we didn't even reach 100 tickets. They secured the supply drop area with what I assume was communication between them and then dominated with the Flame trooper/Sentry. Finally I just had to bail on the server. No point in continuing on in that match at that point.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So they just copy/pasted the supplydrop-gamemode from Battlefront into BF1 without even bothering of changing the name...
  • JesseA421
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    with a competent squad with a medic or two it is a fun game mode, for the time being while it lasts. i think they did it right, why spend tons of time on new game modes that will be forgotten about in a month or so anyway? it works well enough for the time being.
  • edicar11
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Easily the worst game mode, frontlines in TSNP were much better.
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's ok, not as good as WP or Domination.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Chainlink for BF1 pls then....
  • OG-N2rock
    edited September 2017

Yeah, I had one of those this morning. 500-67, I was on the losing side. My entire team was sniping :(

Kills are completely irrelevant in this game. The score is completely based on being on the objective. Having a couple competent snipers on the team is helpful, as that is needed to keep the enemy snipers from picking off the players that are on the objective. But when you have an entire team of snipers, or people out playing off the objective.
  • vasilisdim1
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nice, maybe the Conquest camping kd-junks can finally **** off now...

AMEN!