What's with peoples names these days?

124»

Comments

• Banhammer72
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "LOL I never said they violated the rules."
    i know that u never said that. But as u apparently don't think so either i ask u again: why do u mention reporting them when all u do is asking a question? u keep claiming that all u did was asking for opinions on the increase in numbers of such psn ids. why would anyone mention that he won't report these people when all he did was asking for opinions?
    u mentioning the reporting was an excuse/an explanation cause u are well aware that u clearly implied that u don't like these names at all and hence u did ways more than just asking a question.
    your problem is that u apparently think that everybody here is an american nationalist lmao. like are u delusional? do u seriously believe that ANYONE would name himself "iraqi...something" in order to remind americans of the war and therefore trigger them? like.... what? this is so ridiculous i can't believe u actually stating that.
    also are WE active in a war in afghanistan? im not and my country isn't either...
    "then why the petty backlash against me? " cause your assumption is ridiculous and implies that eastern countries are directly related to "bad things happening" while completely ignoring the fact that these nations are... well... nations as well. if anyone wants to trigger someone with a name then they will put something like "rekt" "2bad" "2ez" "goml" or whatever. we've all seen this yes, but none of us has seen someone that puts an iraq tag and tries to trigger people with it. that's why...

My reply to this, drivel can be summed up on one sentence.

"You chose to read so much between the lines and assumed way to much over a simply question it's comical, yet here you are still bashing away trying to justify your overreaction by explaining "what you thought I meant" rather than what I said!" GG fella.

• The_BERG_366
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "LOL I never said they violated the rules."
    i know that u never said that. But as u apparently don't think so either i ask u again: why do u mention reporting them when all u do is asking a question? u keep claiming that all u did was asking for opinions on the increase in numbers of such psn ids. why would anyone mention that he won't report these people when all he did was asking for opinions?
    u mentioning the reporting was an excuse/an explanation cause u are well aware that u clearly implied that u don't like these names at all and hence u did ways more than just asking a question.
    your problem is that u apparently think that everybody here is an american nationalist lmao. like are u delusional? do u seriously believe that ANYONE would name himself "iraqi...something" in order to remind americans of the war and therefore trigger them? like.... what? this is so ridiculous i can't believe u actually stating that.
    also are WE active in a war in afghanistan? im not and my country isn't either...
    "then why the petty backlash against me? " cause your assumption is ridiculous and implies that eastern countries are directly related to "bad things happening" while completely ignoring the fact that these nations are... well... nations as well. if anyone wants to trigger someone with a name then they will put something like "rekt" "2bad" "2ez" "goml" or whatever. we've all seen this yes, but none of us has seen someone that puts an iraq tag and tries to trigger people with it. that's why...

My reply to this, drivel can be summed up on one sentence.

"You chose to read so much between the lines and assumed way to much over a simply question it's comical, yet here you are still bashing away trying to justify your overreaction by explaining "what you thought I meant" rather than what I said!" GG fella.

it's comical how u think I feel like I overreacted... I don't ;)
    u made a stupid claim, u got called out and than try to go back and make it look like u never made said claim and hence the call out was unnecessary and an overreaction. try again... u got called out by pretty much everyone in this thread already so don't make it look like i dont read correctly.

"by explaining "what you thought I meant" rather than what I said!""
    it doesn't matter what u want to express, it matters what u do express. our language is far more than just the individual words it consists of so stop trying to hide behind them. as mentioned many others understood something similar to what I understood (key points match). so it doesn't matter what words u choose, it matter what these words are expressing when people are reading this.

for example: in your initial post u state that it's "sad" that people run Iraq clantags in 2017. but clearly your not judging but just asking a question right? what is said about that huh?

but of course u wont answer any questions but rather keep claiming that all u did was asking a question. lmao
  • Banhammer72
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Uh huh sure.

• The_BERG_366
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Uh huh sure.

lol, i'm sure you know better how i feel like than myself ;)
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I got killed by a DonnyTrumpTastic today, his emblem was a portrait of Trump :)
  • urban2544
    364 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My favorite ive seen, that i still laugh about was" Make_It_Clap_For_Daddy"
  • Genocidalogik305
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    PackersDK wrote: »
    Ask a simple question, get simpletons answering!

So no one here thinks names featuring a middle eastern flavour (either aimed at triggering or "Being proud of their origins") are on the increase?
    I barely noticed this kind of naming convention back in BF1942, now it seems to be on the rise, just an observation post and a question seems to have *triggered* you all quite nicely it seems lol

No no no, don't you try and flip this around.

You did not ask if it was on the increase. And it was not an observation post you made with a simple question, but one loaded with assumptions and opinion - "unflattering", "sad", "not going to report, but...".

People simply don't see the negative in showing nationality, ethnicity or religion in a name, and you still have made no valid argument why it is. Or why you think middle eastern is particularly "on the rise" and unflattering.

Being proud of your origins or culture does not automatically make you a flag-waving loon who wants bad things for other people or some sort of nationalist.

You seem to be the one "triggered" here - you have no way of knowing why people use certain names, but just assumes the worst.

GREAT response Packer. So many sensitive people nowadays. Sad to say that its only going to get worse going forward. People get triggered so easy! Its sad. Oh and by the way...its a f&*%^ game! Get a grip.
  • Banhammer72
    Uh huh sure.

Um, no. But then again you knowing exactly how I think, would know that already! /facepalm
  • The_BERG_366
    Uh huh sure.

Um, no. But then again you knowing exactly how I think, would know that already! /facepalm

"um no" why do u act like u would then? lol
  • Banhammer72
    edited September 2017
    GqDVlJI.jpg

Still think it's all totally harmless?

His name was also "Arabic" I've blanked it for naming and shaming reasons ofc, this is just one of many I see, but the only one I've bothered to screen cap.

And to reiterate (because it seems I need to) this is not about me being anti-Arabic but showing concern that people are using Arabic (or even anti-Arabic) words or slogans and pictures for trolling purposes, if you didn't already get it, which some of you didn't from the start!
  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    GqDVlJI.jpg

His name was also "Arabic" I've blanked it for naming and shaming reasons ofc, this is just one of many I see, but the only one I've bothered to screen cap.

And to reiterate (because it seems I need to) this is not about me being anti-Arabic but showing concern that people are using Arabic (or even anti-Arabic) words or slogans and pictures for trolling purposes, if you didn't already get it, which some of you didn't from the start!

LoL, thats the best emblem i've seen to date.
    Also if you black it out and still type the name its still naming and shaming.
  • The_BERG_366
    GqDVlJI.jpg

I thought you were "just asking a question". did u make up your mind AGAIN? lmao
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GqDVlJI.jpg

You do know there's a setting to turn off user generated content in the settings panel specifically for this reason? Either do that or report the emblem. But either way some people will insist on showing their idiocy through their emblem choices regardless....maybe it says I love white girls in Arabic? Lol
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't see how gravs relate to peoples names. There are many more gravs that are more obscene than that. Either way, report the emblem, I'm sure they will get what's coming to then.
  • Banhammer72
    lLoL, thats the best emblem i've seen to date.

You think the name was "Arabic"? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Banhammer72
    GqDVlJI.jpg

I thought you were "just asking a question". did u make up your mind AGAIN? lmao

Just making a point, one you chose to once again just stick you head up your bottom and ignore.
  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lLoL, thats the best emblem i've seen to date.

You think the name was "Arabic"? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Haha, I guess? Least I don't get triggered by people's names on the internet.

I can already tell you're gonna be one of those old guys looking out their window complaining about their neighbors. Don't be so crotchity. The secret to this life is finding the humor in even the horrible.