Hit Detection

Comments

• rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh jeez, are we really gonna do the whole chest thumpin, Im right you're wrong shtick again?

• KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    No video.

He will say it's you not the game if you post video, all he does is troll for vids.

Just stop being such a cry baby. Look your videos had nothing, get over it, move on.

We understand you can't take criticism.

Like I said all you do is troll for vids so you can say it's the player and not the game. Everyone is on to you.

Present some legit issues like I have, vball found errors in my video, but clearly acknowledged a large portion. Then you won't have this uncomfortable situation you find yourself in. :smile:

Or you can continue to lambast and distract from the topic at hand, it's up to you. :grimace:

Been there and done that and guess what? I'll answer it for you, he made a thread about my vid in the bf4 forum and tried to discredit me. He then said the entire Battlefield community debunked my vid. Only two or three people at the most even commented on it. Obviously he lied and he has been doing this for years. No one here is obligated to show him a video of their game play, don't believe me ask the mods.

Surely there is no reason for you to speak for me, especially when you push such disagreeable assumptions.

What does decrying falsities do to ammend this great wrong?

I'm beyond curious. The issues that were claimed false in my video, were indeed, or there was problem in the communication. Perhaps the same line of logic might explain your problem?

Perception is not equal to actuality, and you can't decry your assumptions on your perceptions as fact, in anything, especially in the video game format.

Why is it that my video was not lambasted by anyone? Not anyone at all?

My question wasn't meant to elicit a response from you.

Ah, so you just want to be a wailing stick in the mud?

Congrats, you are as you would desire.

That's pretty funny, you have such a way with words. :)

I have a serious question for you, how much bandwidth can BF1 use maximum both up and down?

Lol, I like to think so. :wink:

I do not know the max bandwidth, but as mmarkweII says, BNS is a great reference.
  • HillbillyJohn
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @KingTolapsium I haven't seen the latest BNS vid but I'll have a look. Thanks!

• TheThurston13
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    thurston13 wrote: »
    oJU5T1No wrote: »
    I think the low ping players should get the priority for a smooth game, since we're the players who have invested time and money in a good connection, setting up everything properly and playing on the servers in our region to ensure we have a good experience gaming online. Also it prevents players purposely gimping there connections and playing out of region to gain a advantage. I have played on the american servers i'm in the uk and found theres not a great deal of difference compared to playing on the eu servers in my region, some games were actually better connection wise I can see why some players actually choose to play out of region.

I"m not sure you understand ping. Ping is the distance from you to the server. Investing in better internet won't change ping. It only changes your UL and DL speeds. But I agree totally with the hit detection issues. Every update they fix something and there seems to be other bugs/issues that arise.

I disagree. I just changed ISP's and my pings on all US East coast servers dropped 20ms. From avg 27ms to 7ms. West coast server pings are down to around 69ms from 160/180ms before.

Ping is in fact a measure of distance. But that distance is determined by network routing and the quality of hardware/software on the route. Node sharing can also have a decent impact.

Comcast 250Mbps / 15Mbps

Verizon Fios (Fiber) 1Gbps / 1Gbps

You make a very good point. unfortunately we don't have fiber where I am. My ping ranges from 50 - 70. I may contact my provider and discuss my routing options.

Cheers.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017

You're welcome for the reference. It's the destiny 2 netcode analysis video. Watch the whole thing. Great technical information to learn from.

Here's the link for those people who would like to know more.

I think the low ping players should get the priority for a smooth game, since we're the players who have invested time and money in a good connection, setting up everything properly and playing on the servers in our region to ensure we have a good experience gaming online. Also it prevents players purposely gimping there connections and playing out of region to gain a advantage. I have played on the american servers i'm in the uk and found theres not a great deal of difference compared to playing on the eu servers in my region, some games were actually better connection wise I can see why some players actually choose to play out of region.

I"m not sure you understand ping. Ping is the distance from you to the server. Investing in better internet won't change ping. It only changes your UL and DL speeds. But I agree totally with the hit detection issues. Every update they fix something and there seems to be other bugs/issues that arise.

I disagree. I just changed ISP's and my pings on all US East coast servers dropped 20ms. From avg 27ms to 7ms. West coast server pings are down to around 69ms from 160/180ms before.

Ping is in fact a measure of distance. But that distance is determined by network routing and the quality of hardware/software on the route. Node sharing can also have a decent impact.

Comcast 250Mbps / 15Mbps

You make a very good point. unfortunately we don't have fiber where I am. My ping ranges from 50 - 70. I may contact my provider and discuss my routing options.

Cheers.

Unless your ISP connects directly to a DICE server in their network (not using another providers equipment), I don't think there is much that can be done....IMO of course.
  • HillbillyJohn
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »

You're welcome for the reference. It's the destiny 2 netcode analysis video. Watch the whole thing. Great technical information to learn from.

Here's the link for those people who would like to know more.

Comcast 250Mbps / 15Mbps

Cheers.

Unless your ISP connects directly to a DICE server in their network (not using another providers equipment), I don't think there is much that can be done....IMO of course.

Thanks! I watched it and it was informative. :)
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @HillbillyJohn and now you have your answer. Not sure what that has anything to do with hit detection. To each their own. Glad to have been a productive member of the community helping others.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    how much bandwidth can BF1 use maximum both up and down?
    How much download bandwidth is dependent on your receive rate and HFU. Your receive rate determines the number of datagrams every second. The HFU determines whos data is in the datagram along with the environmentals etc.

The easiest approach would be to open the network graph and watch it for a minute.
    DownStream Avg x receive rate x 60 == Downstream avg/m

Multiply the Downstream avg/m by the total minutes.

The Downstream avg will vary depending on the map and typical clusters you get into. e.g. Tsaritsyn B flag with both teams fighting for it will have the highest avg per minute versus say Sinai B flag.

There's also hitreg data up/down, scoreboard data etc to consider if you want all the numbers.

The upstream will be very small in comparison. That datagram only contains info about you. I'm not sure of the actual size, but it's very very small. If you do get that number always multiply it by 60 x 60 for the minute avg. You always send at 60Hz on PC. Console varies depending on mode. Large is 30, small 60.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How much download bandwidth is dependent on your receive rate and HFU. Your receive rate determines the number of datagrams every second. The HFU determines whos data is in the datagram along with the environmentals etc.

The easiest approach would be to open the network graph and watch it for a minute.

The Downstream avg will vary depending on the map and typical clusters you get into. e.g. Tsaritsyn B flag with both teams fighting for it will have the highest avg per minute versus say Sinai B flag.

There's also hitreg data up/down, scoreboard data etc to consider if you want all the numbers.

The upstream will be very small in comparison. That datagram only contains info about you. I'm not sure of the actual size, but it's very very small. If you do get that number always multiply it by 60 x 60 for the minute avg. You always send at 60Hz on PC. Console varies depending on mode. Large is 30, small 60.

Things are also variable, down to 10hz (?) for 30hz servers. If I'm not mistaken.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Things are also variable, down to 10hz (?) for 30hz servers. If I'm not mistaken.

Thought the lowest was 30Hz. And it only drops to that for Bandwidth and performance. No point in smacking 60 if you can render 60.
  • PRESIDEN7_TRUMP
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017

Good Morning everyone!

How do I come to know that? A phone call to my ISP will solve that? Thanks!
  • KingTolapsium

Thought the lowest was 30Hz. And it only drops to that for Bandwidth and performance. No point in smacking 60 if you can render 60.

I'm almost positive it drops to 20hz then 10hz in the 30hz servers if bandwidth is a limiting factor.

30hz might be the bottom for 60hz variability.
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm seeing alot players just run though bullets after this update, also alot of players warping 1 player who warped in the room I was in though a hail of bullets stood right in my face facing to the left of me looking and firing at where I was standing at one point and shot and killed me, unfortunately I forgot to record. But I did record this 1

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/oJU5T1No/video/36148398#t=13

Not the hit reg bug as I do hit him a couple of times when he has stopped moving, I think its related to player movement again.
  • Mearen1911
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    lizzard wrote: »

Please king.. Stop this nonsense...

A hitreg bug, would be something specific to a given instance.

Switching guns while reloading. And then have no hitreg.

Enter vehicle as a class and then exit vehicle, and have no hitreg.

Something like the previous hitreg bug that made some players unable to hit any one without restarting the game for example!

General hitreg would be that you sometime doesn't get a hit on someone.
    Maybe one hit isn't counted out of 5 hits.

Drop that "crazy hostility" you've got going..

I'm not going to play semantics with you, and I'm not going to allow semantics to dismiss the feedback of myself and others, you're literally making nonsense claims. Bugs, issues, problems.... WHO CARES? These terms are not the point.

I'm also not the one declaring that the dev has no reason to further interact.

It seems you have dismissed the idea of legit hit-reg bugs and are now blaming supression and spread, I'm not going to follow a narrative simply out of ease.

If you don't think the netcode, or legit bugs are to blame, thats totally fine, not a problem, what we don't need is you dismissing feedback.

Im not dismissing feedback!
    I'm not saying there is no hitreg issues!

I do doubt that mischkag can do much more, under the circumstances!

Packet loss limit and ping limit would be an easy way to see if issues would remain.

But since every thing he have done to make it more fair for lowpingers.
    Have resulted in hate from everyone with a bad connection.. What more is there that he can do!?

He hasn't "done" anything. He doesn't even understand the problem. He claimed something that happens every single day here is impossible. He needs to be replaced. THAT is why this problem isn't getting fixed. THAT is why netcode issues have existed for at least 3 Battlefield games. You're giving software developers way more credit than they deserve here. They're not infallible but they do need to admit to their limitations. Dice also needs to recognize this.
  • KingTolapsium
    Mearen1911 wrote: »

Please king.. Stop this nonsense...

A hitreg bug, would be something specific to a given instance.

Switching guns while reloading. And then have no hitreg.

Enter vehicle as a class and then exit vehicle, and have no hitreg.

Something like the previous hitreg bug that made some players unable to hit any one without restarting the game for example!

General hitreg would be that you sometime doesn't get a hit on someone.
    Maybe one hit isn't counted out of 5 hits.

Drop that "crazy hostility" you've got going..

I'm not going to play semantics with you, and I'm not going to allow semantics to dismiss the feedback of myself and others, you're literally making nonsense claims. Bugs, issues, problems.... WHO CARES? These terms are not the point.

I'm also not the one declaring that the dev has no reason to further interact.

It seems you have dismissed the idea of legit hit-reg bugs and are now blaming supression and spread, I'm not going to follow a narrative simply out of ease.

If you don't think the netcode, or legit bugs are to blame, thats totally fine, not a problem, what we don't need is you dismissing feedback.

Im not dismissing feedback!
    I'm not saying there is no hitreg issues!

I do doubt that mischkag can do much more, under the circumstances!

Packet loss limit and ping limit would be an easy way to see if issues would remain.

But since every thing he have done to make it more fair for lowpingers.
    Have resulted in hate from everyone with a bad connection.. What more is there that he can do!?

He hasn't "done" anything. He doesn't even understand the problem. He claimed something that happens every single day here is impossible. He needs to be replaced. THAT is why this problem isn't getting fixed. THAT is why netcode issues have existed for at least 3 Battlefield games. You're giving software developers way more credit than they deserve here. They're not infallible but they do need to admit to their limitations. Dice also needs to recognize this.

Lol, ignorance breeds ignorant opinions.

Don't hate on the dude who is fighting for low ping.

It's up to the leads, not the designer. That's how it works in every facet of game dev.
  • mmarkweII
    Mischkag could solve the problem if given free reign. Yet, players over 100ms or with unstable connections wouldn't like it.

Which would lead to EA shareholders not liking it due to the loss of sales.
  • Rev0verDrive
    Mischkag could solve the problem if given free reign. Yet, players over 100ms or with unstable connections wouldn't like it.

Or a spike. leeching players from other games.
  • KingTolapsium

Or a spike. leeching players from other games.

Yeah, unfortunately a player pool shifting scares investors and higher ups, it probably seems like an unnecessary gamble.