Weekly BF

make the maps free, and charge for the weapons.

Comments

  • saddlebred12
    341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    owltro wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    This "gimme free dlc" mentality has got to go. Other games do it, but they cant even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF4 offers. They pale in comparison in terms of amount of content as well.
    I say keep it the same. If people don't wanna buy it, thats their problem.

    I just want maps for free. Charge me for other things in a reasonable way.
    Like he said, other games can't even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF offers. There's much more content, as well. The maps are the best part IMO so they're the most essential component of the DLC.

    guns are far more important you can at least use them on any map but it gets harder and harder to find dlc map populated servers
  • rock1obsta
    3812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    owltro wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    This "gimme free dlc" mentality has got to go. Other games do it, but they cant even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF4 offers. They pale in comparison in terms of amount of content as well.
    I say keep it the same. If people don't wanna buy it, thats their problem.

    I just want maps for free. Charge me for other things in a reasonable way.
    Like he said, other games can't even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF offers. There's much more content, as well. The maps are the best part IMO so they're the most essential component of the DLC.

    guns are far more important you can at least use them on any map but it gets harder and harder to find dlc map populated servers

    I disagree. The maps are the most important part of dlc as they keep the game fresh and alive, guns are good, but they have no affect on longevity.
    I also have zero trouble finding full servers with all the dlc there is. Im surprised that so many people have an issue.
  • snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2016
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    ^^
    instead of splitting the community i would like to propose something that another game is doing.
    if you couldnt guess i was talking about r6s.
    they charge for the new operators but do not charge for the maps from what i hear.
    and if dlc maps were free in bf do not make them separate downloads include them in updates, and make the weapons separate downloads.
    this would ensure the community will not get split. and will ensure that a map does not get left with no players.
    if the maps were separate downloads rather then part of updates it would split the community as is evidence with the dragon valley remake, zavod grave yard shift, and operation out break.


    NOTE: THIS IS A HIGHLY UNLIKELY REQUEST DO NOT TELL ME HOW UNLIKELY IT IS TO HAPPEN AS I KNOW

    Dude, those 3 maps are already free. Granted, they were separate downloads like you're rallying against, but being free doesn't automatically mean that they'll be good.
    I personally love the nighttime Zavod map. ( and the regular one, its my all time fave in BF4)
    I dont see why there's all the fuss about "dividing the community."
    The community is divided because they CHOOSE not to buy the maps. There is absolutely no reason to give away something that takes months of hard work to create (just look at Outbreak in BF4, 1 map took a few mo ths to make) just because players want it free.
    This "gimme free dlc" mentality has got to go. Other games do it, but they cant even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF4 offers. They pale in comparison in terms of amount of content as well.
    I say keep it the same. If people don't wanna buy it, thats their problem.

    the community is divided by 3 things.
    people who cant afford the maps
    people who are boycotting
    or people who dont like a specific dlc so they dot get it.
    (watch this video from art--> /watch?v=_sPRn2hkQeg)
    if it was free none of those problems would exist of course players will not play the bad maps, but the community would be split less.
    others games do free maps, and using depth as an argument as to why bf should not do it is just outright stupid.
    do you know bf2?
    that game had multiple free maps like road to jalala bad (a fan favorite map).
    mind you i think bf2 has more depth then bf3 or 4.
    dice has even said before bf3 launched that they hate charging for dlc's.
    so really its not dice its ea treating bf as the cash cow.
    and duh i said those 3 maps were free, but it still divides the community because it is a separate download.
    you'd be surprised about how many people out there dont know how to download content.
    and youd also be surprised that people typically dont download things even if they are free because they dont want to spend time downloading things.
    for dragon valley i an fine 3 maybe 4 servers at around 40 players in each. compared to golmud railway where i find over 10 24/7 servers full to the brim with 64 players
    if the maps were free and if they were stuffed into the updates rather then being seperate downloads you would find more servers of that dlc map.
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    This "gimme free dlc" mentality has got to go. Other games do it, but they cant even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF4 offers. They pale in comparison in terms of amount of content as well.
    I say keep it the same. If people don't wanna buy it, thats their problem.

  • snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    This "gimme free dlc" mentality has got to go. Other games do it, but they cant even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF4 offers. They pale in comparison in terms of amount of content as well.
    I say keep it the same. If people don't wanna buy it, thats their problem.

    I just want maps for free. Charge me for other things in a reasonable way.
    Like he said, other games can't even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF offers. There's much more content, as well. The maps are the best part IMO so they're the most essential component of the DLC.

    guns are far more important you can at least use them on any map but it gets harder and harder to find dlc map populated servers

    I disagree. The maps are the most important part of dlc as they keep the game fresh and alive, guns are good, but they have no affect on longevity.
    I also have zero trouble finding full servers with all the dlc there is. Im surprised that so many people have an issue.

    they only increase the longevity if people ever actually get them. you forget that bf4 has no dlc rotations, meaning the dlcs NEVER increased longevity. you play the dlc's for about a week then the servers running dlc's die because there are more players playing normal rotations then any dlc rotations.
  • snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    This "gimme free dlc" mentality has got to go. Other games do it, but they cant even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF4 offers. They pale in comparison in terms of amount of content as well.
    I say keep it the same. If people don't wanna buy it, thats their problem.

    I just want maps for free. Charge me for other things in a reasonable way.
    Like he said, other games can't even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF offers. There's much more content, as well. The maps are the best part IMO so they're the most essential component of the DLC.

    guns are far more important you can at least use them on any map but it gets harder and harder to find dlc map populated servers

    I disagree. The maps are the most important part of dlc as they keep the game fresh and alive, guns are good, but they have no affect on longevity.
    .

    and that has gotta be the wrongest thing ive read. the guns do increase longevity. and if the maps were free it wouldnt matter it would increase longevity more then paid dlc maps.
    tell me what would make you as a developer feel better? seeing that players are enjoying the map you have created, o rwould you rather make a few dollars and see that the maps you made have no players on them?
    i dont know about you but i want my hard work to be enjoyed.
  • LGBTrump
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2016
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    This "gimme free dlc" mentality has got to go. Other games do it, but they cant even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF4 offers. They pale in comparison in terms of amount of content as well.
    I say keep it the same. If people don't wanna buy it, thats their problem.

    I just want maps for free. Charge me for other things in a reasonable way.
    Like he said, other games can't even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF offers. There's much more content, as well. The maps are the best part IMO so they're the most essential component of the DLC.

    guns are far more important you can at least use them on any map but it gets harder and harder to find dlc map populated servers

    I disagree. The maps are the most important part of dlc as they keep the game fresh and alive, guns are good, but they have no affect on longevity.
    .

    and that has gotta be the wrongest thing ive read. the guns do increase longevity. and if the maps were free it wouldnt matter it would increase longevity more then paid dlc maps.
    tell me what would make you as a developer feel better? seeing that players are enjoying the map you have created, o rwould you rather make a few dollars and see that the maps you made have no players on them?
    i dont know about you but i want my hard work to be enjoyed.
    I would want people to enjoy my work and be able to feed my family at the same time.
  • rock1obsta
    3812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    ^^
    instead of splitting the community i would like to propose something that another game is doing.
    if you couldnt guess i was talking about r6s.
    they charge for the new operators but do not charge for the maps from what i hear.
    and if dlc maps were free in bf do not make them separate downloads include them in updates, and make the weapons separate downloads.
    this would ensure the community will not get split. and will ensure that a map does not get left with no players.
    if the maps were separate downloads rather then part of updates it would split the community as is evidence with the dragon valley remake, zavod grave yard shift, and operation out break.


    NOTE: THIS IS A HIGHLY UNLIKELY REQUEST DO NOT TELL ME HOW UNLIKELY IT IS TO HAPPEN AS I KNOW

    Dude, those 3 maps are already free. Granted, they were separate downloads like you're rallying against, but being free doesn't automatically mean that they'll be good.
    I personally love the nighttime Zavod map. ( and the regular one, its my all time fave in BF4)
    I dont see why there's all the fuss about "dividing the community."
    The community is divided because they CHOOSE not to buy the maps. There is absolutely no reason to give away something that takes months of hard work to create (just look at Outbreak in BF4, 1 map took a few mo ths to make) just because players want it free.
    This "gimme free dlc" mentality has got to go. Other games do it, but they cant even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF4 offers. They pale in comparison in terms of amount of content as well.
    I say keep it the same. If people don't wanna buy it, thats their problem.

    the community is divided by 3 things.
    people who cant afford the maps
    people who are boycotting
    or people who dont like a specific dlc so they dot get it.
    (watch this video from art--> /watch?v=_sPRn2hkQeg)
    if it was free none of those problems would exist of course players will not play the bad maps, but the community would be split less.
    others games do free maps, and using depth as an argument as to why bf should not do it is just outright stupid.
    do you know bf2?
    that game had multiple free maps like road to jalala bad (a fan favorite map).
    mind you i think bf2 has more depth then bf3 or 4.
    dice has even said before bf3 launched that they hate charging for dlc's.
    so really its not dice its ea treating bf as the cash cow.
    and duh i said those 3 maps were free, but it still divides the community because it is a separate download.
    you'd be surprised about how many people out there dont know how to download content.
    and youd also be surprised that people typically dont download things even if they are free because they dont want to spend time downloading things.
    for dragon valley i an fine 3 maybe 4 servers at around 40 players in each. compared to golmud railway where i find over 10 24/7 servers full to the brim with 64 players
    if the maps were free and if they were stuffed into the updates rather then being seperate downloads you would find more servers of that dlc map.

    None of these issues are the fault of anyone but the players who DECIDE ON THEIR OWN (dont know how many times that needs to be said before all the gimme free stuff whiners understand it) not to buy it. And dont gimme that crap about "cant afford it," if someone can buy the console, pay the monthly internet fee, and buy games, they can afford it. Boycotting is by CHOICE, & not buying it is by CHOICE. Let that sink in. Nobody should be expecting to get the result of months of intensive labor for free. Its the stupidest thing Ive ever seen on the forum.
    Soe of the things in your argument are just ****, "people dont like to download things" so what makes you think they're gonna magically decide to download free stuff then? Makes no sense. "Some people dont know there's downloads" again, makes no damn sense. You're telling me that if they're free (like 3 maps in BF4 were) this knowledge will miraculously be bestowed upon them?
    You need to debate with facts rather than emotions or feelings otherwise you come across as nonsensical and random.


    Edit: I have no trouble finding loaded dlc servers at will. I refuse to believe that Im the only one.
  • CaptainHawsehole
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    Clearly at this point the decision on the business model for DLC has already been made and no amount of discussing it here will change it. With that out of the way, here's another opinion on how it could have been handled.

    Perhaps moving to a version update model might be a good idea here. This is the model used by a lot of MMOs at the moment. As new content is added to the game in the form of DLC, they also do a base patch that allows players to see the new content, just not have access to it. A base patch could contain the maps, but not access to the weapons, customizations, new armies, the new vehicles could not be interacted with by players without the DLC... You could actually see the new stuff in action and decide whether you want to spend extra money on it without splitting the player base. Maybe?

    The way I see it, it's a much better product advertisement than any trailer you could throw at people.
  • snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    MacroGyver wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    This "gimme free dlc" mentality has got to go. Other games do it, but they cant even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF4 offers. They pale in comparison in terms of amount of content as well.
    I say keep it the same. If people don't wanna buy it, thats their problem.

    I just want maps for free. Charge me for other things in a reasonable way.
    Like he said, other games can't even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF offers. There's much more content, as well. The maps are the best part IMO so they're the most essential component of the DLC.

    guns are far more important you can at least use them on any map but it gets harder and harder to find dlc map populated servers

    I disagree. The maps are the most important part of dlc as they keep the game fresh and alive, guns are good, but they have no affect on longevity.
    .

    and that has gotta be the wrongest thing ive read. the guns do increase longevity. and if the maps were free it wouldnt matter it would increase longevity more then paid dlc maps.
    tell me what would make you as a developer feel better? seeing that players are enjoying the map you have created, o rwould you rather make a few dollars and see that the maps you made have no players on them?
    i dont know about you but i want my hard work to be enjoyed.
    I would want people to enjoy my work and be able to feed my family at the same time.

    thats why you sell micro transactions.
  • snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2016
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    ^^
    instead of splitting the community i would like to propose something that another game is doing.
    if you couldnt guess i was talking about r6s.
    they charge for the new operators but do not charge for the maps from what i hear.
    and if dlc maps were free in bf do not make them separate downloads include them in updates, and make the weapons separate downloads.
    this would ensure the community will not get split. and will ensure that a map does not get left with no players.
    if the maps were separate downloads rather then part of updates it would split the community as is evidence with the dragon valley remake, zavod grave yard shift, and operation out break.


    NOTE: THIS IS A HIGHLY UNLIKELY REQUEST DO NOT TELL ME HOW UNLIKELY IT IS TO HAPPEN AS I KNOW

    Dude, those 3 maps are already free. Granted, they were separate downloads like you're rallying against, but being free doesn't automatically mean that they'll be good.
    I personally love the nighttime Zavod map. ( and the regular one, its my all time fave in BF4)
    I dont see why there's all the fuss about "dividing the community."
    The community is divided because they CHOOSE not to buy the maps. There is absolutely no reason to give away something that takes months of hard work to create (just look at Outbreak in BF4, 1 map took a few mo ths to make) just because players want it free.
    This "gimme free dlc" mentality has got to go. Other games do it, but they cant even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF4 offers. They pale in comparison in terms of amount of content as well.
    I say keep it the same. If people don't wanna buy it, thats their problem.

    the community is divided by 3 things.
    people who cant afford the maps
    people who are boycotting
    or people who dont like a specific dlc so they dot get it.
    (watch this video from art--> /watch?v=_sPRn2hkQeg)
    if it was free none of those problems would exist of course players will not play the bad maps, but the community would be split less.
    others games do free maps, and using depth as an argument as to why bf should not do it is just outright stupid.
    do you know bf2?
    that game had multiple free maps like road to jalala bad (a fan favorite map).
    mind you i think bf2 has more depth then bf3 or 4.
    dice has even said before bf3 launched that they hate charging for dlc's.
    so really its not dice its ea treating bf as the cash cow.
    and duh i said those 3 maps were free, but it still divides the community because it is a separate download.
    you'd be surprised about how many people out there dont know how to download content.
    and youd also be surprised that people typically dont download things even if they are free because they dont want to spend time downloading things.
    for dragon valley i an fine 3 maybe 4 servers at around 40 players in each. compared to golmud railway where i find over 10 24/7 servers full to the brim with 64 players
    if the maps were free and if they were stuffed into the updates rather then being seperate downloads you would find more servers of that dlc map.

    None of these issues are the fault of anyone but the players who DECIDE ON THEIR OWN (dont know how many times that needs to be said before all the gimme free stuff whiners understand it) not to buy it. And dont gimme that **** about "cant afford it," if someone can buy the console, pay the monthly internet fee, and buy games, they can afford it. Boycotting is by CHOICE, & not buying it is by CHOICE. Let that sink in. Nobody should be expecting to get the result of months of intensive labor for free. Its the stupidest thing Ive ever seen on the forum.
    Soe of the things in your argument are just ****, "people dont like to download things" so what makes you think they're gonna magically decide to download free stuff then? Makes no sense. "Some people dont know there's downloads" again, makes no damn sense. You're telling me that if they're free (like 3 maps in BF4 were) this knowledge will miraculously be bestowed upon them?
    You need to debate with facts rather than emotions or feelings otherwise you come across as nonsensical and random.


    Edit: I have no trouble finding loaded dlc servers at will. I refuse to believe that Im the only one.

    the issue of not having money isnt the fault of 60 extra dollars for the way the game should have been released...
    look at bf4 china rising, and second assault both were ready at launch and should have been there at launch.. just because you have 130 bucks to spend on a game doesnt mean everybody else does.
    overwatch has free dlc and guess what their dlc has no problem at being more popular then bf4's paid dlc.
    same for r6s. so if you think thats not evidence enough you are crazy.
    paid dlc models dont split the community no it splinters it. it demolishes it.
    you know that if dlc's were free it would make everyone happy dice could still get money from selling micro transactions. which bf has a ton of. we dont need paid dlc when they make money from battle packs, and shortcut bundles.
    and if they go down free dlc route they could monitize other things as well like dlc weapons or even weapon skins, which they seem to be monitizing skins..
    dice have even said them selves that they dont want to sell DLC maps. they say that its all EA. and i have no reason not to believe them when it comes to that because ea is just that bad.
  • eztarget77
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would rather pay a little extra for the game if all the maps were included than not. That way everyone will play in the same servers and the community stays healthy for longer.
  • snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2016
    eztarget77 wrote: »
    I would rather pay a little extra for the game if all the maps were included than not. That way everyone will play in the same servers and the community stays healthy for longer.

    increasing the price of the game overall would be good, i like the idea if the base game being extra 10 bucks so everyone gets the content is as far as id budge.
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just throwing out ideas. What if they made dlc maps free but offered them a week ahead of the free release to those that want to pay a small fee. They would still make some money to those willing to spend a couple bucks but they wouldn't divide the community since they're free a week later anyway.

    And also have microtransactions to offset the cost off developing DLC.
  • snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Just throwing out ideas. What if they made dlc maps free but offered them a week ahead of the free release to those that want to pay a small fee. They would still make some money to those willing to spend a couple bucks but they wouldn't divide the community since they're free a week later anyway.

    And also have microtransactions to offset the cost off developing DLC.

    good idea. as well.
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    As much as I hate the game Rainbow Six Siege does there system perfectely. Only problem (Siege wise) is content.

    That or just have the system be an early access for a month. That would be best in my opinion. I would pay 50 bucks happely to have a month early access (with added bonuses here and their
    Server priority
    Skins
    Maybe server options
    You know small things that isn't a big deal or needed).
  • saddlebred12
    341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    This "gimme free dlc" mentality has got to go. Other games do it, but they cant even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF4 offers. They pale in comparison in terms of amount of content as well.
    I say keep it the same. If people don't wanna buy it, thats their problem.

    I just want maps for free. Charge me for other things in a reasonable way.
    Like he said, other games can't even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF offers. There's much more content, as well. The maps are the best part IMO so they're the most essential component of the DLC.

    guns are far more important you can at least use them on any map but it gets harder and harder to find dlc map populated servers

    I disagree. The maps are the most important part of dlc as they keep the game fresh and alive, guns are good, but they have no affect on longevity.
    I also have zero trouble finding full servers with all the dlc there is. Im surprised that so many people have an issue.

    under most circumstances i would agree but as of right now on ps4 i can not find any CR map servers
    only 3 or 4 SA servers that aren't just metro like 2 under populated NS servers and sometimes 2 DT servers i don't care about the other dlc maps so i haven't looked having good maps in dlc is important but it doesn't matter if you cant really play them
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Man all my fav DLC servers are full .... wait ... premium priority got me in. NVM all is good.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Man all my fav DLC servers are full .... wait ... premium priority got me in. NVM all is good.

    Premium master race

    @owlbro
  • snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2016
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    This "gimme free dlc" mentality has got to go. Other games do it, but they cant even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF4 offers. They pale in comparison in terms of amount of content as well.
    I say keep it the same. If people don't wanna buy it, thats their problem.

    I just want maps for free. Charge me for other things in a reasonable way.
    Like he said, other games can't even approach the depth, freedom, or customization that BF offers. There's much more content, as well. The maps are the best part IMO so they're the most essential component of the DLC.

    guns are far more important you can at least use them on any map but it gets harder and harder to find dlc map populated servers

    I disagree. The maps are the most important part of dlc as they keep the game fresh and alive, guns are good, but they have no affect on longevity.
    I also have zero trouble finding full servers with all the dlc there is. Im surprised that so many people have an issue.

    under most circumstances i would agree but as of right now on ps4 i can not find any CR map servers
    only 3 or 4 SA servers that aren't just metro like 2 under populated NS servers and sometimes 2 DT servers i don't care about the other dlc maps so i haven't looked having good maps in dlc is important but it doesn't matter if you cant really play them

    same for xbox 1, but id say theres like 1 dt server and about 3 sa servers.
Sign In or Register to comment.