Undo ONESHOTKILL snipers, ban their users and fire the people responsible

Comments

• RRedux
    754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They already made sniping easier in bf1 than in earlier bf games. Both the bullet drop and the bullet travel time is lower than in bf3/4. The added sweetspot mechanic is overkill.

Hmm... maybe it was made so easy because it was with console users in mind. Maybe the current sniping mechanic wasn't developed for mouse + keyboard but for controllers.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh Lawdy Lawd almighty......I hope you're trollin, OP, cuz if you're actually serious....*shudders*
  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    SUUUUUCH SALLLLLT.. Just because of this thread, i'm gonna use martini all day.

Russian 1895 Trench for me. Let's see how salty they get about a gun with no sweetspot.

Or maybe just the Obrez... see if I can't outshoot another Hellriegel.

It does have one. It's just very close range. G.95 has no sweet spot.
  • SlugSniper
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SUUUUUCH SALLLLLT.. Just because of this thread, i'm gonna use martini all day.

Russian 1895 Trench for me. Let's see how salty they get about a gun with no sweetspot.

Or maybe just the Obrez... see if I can't outshoot another Hellriegel.

It does have one. It's just very close range. G.95 has no sweet spot.

1895 Trench has no 100-damage sweetspot. Just a high rate of fire for a quick 2-shot kill at close to medium range.
  • r_christman1286
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What a bunch of whiners
  • montreal961
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Every time I play this game I find it harder and harder to come up with reasons why the game simply wouldn't just be a much better experience without the scout class in it at all. Such a pointless hill camper cancer class.

The sweet spot mechanic, snap aim, heavy aim assist, and basically zero bullet drop make this class rediculous. Dice could basically just remove zeroing from the game and 90% of snipers wouldn't even realize it.

• SlugSniper
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Every time I play this game I find it harder and harder to come up with reasons why the game simply wouldn't just be a much better experience without the scout class in it at all. Such a pointless hill camper cancer class.

The sweet spot mechanic, snap aim, heavy aim assist, and basically zero bullet drop make this class rediculous. Dice could basically just remove zeroing from the game and 90% of snipers wouldn't even realize it.

And what about the players who PTFO with spotting flares and the close-range weapons available to Scout?

Scout isn't the only "hill camper cancer" class. I've seen Supports with their LMGs hunkered down and spamming endless streams of bullets at targets they have no chance of hitting. I've seen Assaults leech off of the Support campers' ammo boxes to spam 40mm shells from their rocket guns. I've seen Medics with Mondragon Snipers hiding in a hole, using their health boxes as quick-regen camping items. Best of all, I've seen Tankers in their arty trucks shooting at everything that moves from across the map (and missing the whole time).

Remove aim assist? Yes please. But the Scout class is fine, and the only people that get derped by snipers tend to be campers themselves.
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    realkelach wrote: »
    Sniper rifles kill for head shots, and upper as well as lower torso at any range instantly in real life, they even would kill if they hit the arms first. Having a sweet spot is a good balance. I barely get hit by snipers because I duck and weave. If anything with the buff coming to TTK there going to make snipers practically useless against support guns.

All that said snipers should get a OHK buff so if your shot in the head, upper arm or torso within the sweet spot you get killed. So count yourself lucky it is not like that.

Work on your movement and you will find you die a lot less.

if you're going to play the "realism" card , then every gun in the game should OHK to the head or torso.you think a 30.06 round from a BAR would take 5-6 rounds to kill you? imo OHK guns shouldn't be in regular core, it's simply unfair and unbalanced.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

$5 says you run Hel

Rent a server and disable scout class.
    Enjoy.
  • huricanechuck
    what if there were a gamemode in which ALL guns were say 2HK , or OHK for headshots, then and only then would this game have true balance. plus remove aim assist.
  • SlugSniper
    imo OHK guns shouldn't be in regular core, it's simply unfair and unbalanced.

Um... No it's not.

Considering how well-aimed the shots need to be and how easily the aim can be thrown off by suppression, they're balanced just fine.
  • huricanechuck
    realkelach wrote: »
    Sniper rifles kill for head shots, and upper as well as lower torso at any range instantly in real life, they even would kill if they hit the arms first. Having a sweet spot is a good balance. I barely get hit by snipers because I duck and weave. If anything with the buff coming to TTK there going to make snipers practically useless against support guns.

All that said snipers should get a OHK buff so if your shot in the head, upper arm or torso within the sweet spot you get killed. So count yourself lucky it is not like that.

Work on your movement and you will find you die a lot less.

It makes sense... in real life snipers targeted center mass. In REAL war situations it was impractical to aim for the head (unless that's the only part of the body you can target). It made more sense to shoot towards the gut/lungs ... upper chest cavity. So having OHK is closer to realism than having this stupid double tap crap. Mortality rate for sniper wounds WERE EXTREMELY HIGH. All you AMERICAN SNIPER fanboys need to chill with that "oh but headshot show REAL SKILL" ... blah blah blah... Yeah TOP snipers will tell you in high stress scenarios its better to take the shot that YOU KNOW your gonna hit. Hollywood would have you believe all these snipers are aiming for the head, In reality that's not the case.

I'm getting off topic.

I honestly believe some people lack the intellect to move from cover to cover... understand the map layout and where snipers like to sit. (of course you learn this buy playing the game but w/e) Stay out of open fields... Run from structure to structure or foxhole to foxhole... Check your surroundings before you move... It's quite simple, do this and your death rate will drop considerably if all you kids stop charging into the meat grinder.

you're actually quite right , REAL snipers aren't concerned with headshots , just hitting the target .
  • Trokey66
    9101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Um... No it's not.

Considering how well-aimed the shots need to be and how easily the aim can be thrown off by suppression, they're balanced just fine.

But trusting the aim assist......
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's not "abusing" anything, if it's a valid feature in the game.

Are Assaults "abusing" dynamite or rocket launchers?
    Supports "abusing" limpet charges?
    Medics "abusing" grenade launchers?

Actually, the analogy would be more like: "Assaults are abusing their high RPM!".

I sat in abush once.
  • Mike_V1987
    597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ban me lol

genuinely glad to see that players like me are having this kind of effect on people.
  • Banhammer72
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Um... No it's not.

Thrown off by suppression? Surely you jest! Suppression does ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ all, well apart from giving you 10 points, that is about it!
  • SFSeventh
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well sweet spot is a good idea but it should be a small spot not a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 100-150m area. Im looking at you m1903 users >:(
    Also without it martini henry would be trash and martini is bae.
  • Trokey66
    9101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Um... No it's not.

Thrown off by suppression? Surely you jest! Suppression does **** all, well apart from giving you 10 points, that is about it!

AR works through suppression......
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @StarFearSeventh @Banhammer72
    Please refrain from Swearing, It is a violation of the Rules.

• SlugSniper
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Um... No it's not.

But trusting the aim assist......

Then we get rid of aim assist. I'm all for it.

Um... No it's not.

Thrown off by suppression? Surely you jest! Suppression does **** all, well apart from giving you 10 points, that is about it!

Surely you jest. Have you tried aiming a bolt action under MG fire? Blimey.