bullet drop FAQ

GVlXxf
484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2017
some youtube video have discussed how adjustment of distance (75 ,150 ,300m) affected on bullet drop. but no one are talking about how do it go on with setting it 300m all the time!!!

is not a good things to set it 300m all the time? how do it affect in short distance?
Post edited by GVlXxf on

Comments

• dcs500
    1512 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think at short distance, set at 300, you would be shooting over the targets head as the sight is raised to compensate for drop over distance.
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    I think at short distance, set at 300, you would be shooting over the targets head as the sight is raised to compensate for drop over distance.

Theres me thinking you would be aiming at the feet if set at 300 (im not a sniper)
  • dcs500
    1512 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    TG_JAZZY wrote: »

Theres me thinking you would be aiming at the feet if set at 300 (im not a sniper)

You might be right there as the sight would be high so you would be shooting low.
    :/
  • Aoe26
    21 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

You might be right there as the sight would be high so you would be shooting low.

You would be aiming at their feet to compensate for the angle of the scope. Set to 300m the scope (relative to the barrel is aiming down) so the bullet starts higher to compensate for the drop at the end.

So if you had to set to 300m and some one was close and you looked down the scope at their head the bullet would go over their head, so you have to aim at their feet to hit their head.
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It would just do my head in having to think too much, oldskool ftw.
  • TG_JAZZY
    edited September 2017
    At 150 aim for the bag/sack
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ive always left it at the default 75m.......... but then im an aggressive scout, not a camping sniper.
  • Contra87
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    GVlXxf wrote: »
    some youtube video have discussed how adjustment of distance (75 ,150 ,300m) affected on bullet drop. but on one are talking about how do it go on with setting it 300m all the time!!!

is not a good things to set it 300m all the time? how do it affect in short distance?

You will be shooting high at short range. How much depends on the rifle and how close to real life they made the bullet drop. A .303 British (IRL) zeroed at 100m with a 150 grain bullet is pushing 20 inches low at 300m, which would be like 500mm... (apologies if I converted to metric wrong...). So, more than that for in game 75m zero. But, the bullet crosses line of sight twice because it starts 1.5 inches (32mm) below the scope you are looking through. As it rises the first 150m or so, it might be fairly close to point of aim at 75m... Or that is what the guy you were watching is probably thinking. Again, not sure how close the game is to real life. I've never noticed my bullets hitting high, but I don't do much long range shooting either. I leave it at 75m also.
    http://gundata.org/images/bullet/chart/.303-british-drop.png

Edit: there are 25 MILLImeters in an inch.
  • buddyboy911
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Did not read the replies, but to answer your question having 300m at any less would cause you to miss your shot and only go straight at 300 meters.

I snipe alot and never change from the default 75 meters. Two reasons is consistency and two speed. You will get a feel over time how much to lead your shot by eyeballing the distance. When you miss you can see how high or low from your Bullet path you were off then just adjust. Messing with distance will greatly increase the time for your kills and thus be hindering your performance.
  • ScoutHunterKing
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Did not read the replies, but to answer your question having 300m at any less would cause you to miss your shot and only go straight at 300 meters.

I snipe alot and never change from the default 75 meters. Two reasons is consistency and two speed. You will get a feel over time how much to lead your shot by eyeballing the distance. When you miss you can see how high or low from your Bullet path you were off then just adjust. Messing with distance will greatly increase the time for your kills and thus be hindering your performance.

Exactly... Get used to the drop and speed of the projectile for your favorite bolt actions, and then it will be muscle memory... You will still occasionally get it wrong (the further away your shooting) but for all more practical engagements (under 250 meters) you will get very consistent with it.
  • GVlXxf
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    however, i didn't feel it have any different btw 75 or 300m in short distance, like <150. as in 75, scope or marksman have made you enough to shoot well(headshot). i mean damage to other team.