Undo ONESHOTKILL snipers, ban their users and fire the people responsible

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @montreal961
    Why are you referring to something you dislike as "cancer"?

It is insensitive to those whom have had friends / family suffer or even die from that.

A little courtesy please.

• montreal961
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    @montreal961

It is insensitive to those whom have had friends / family suffer or even die from that.

Considering I wasn't using the word in the context you have accused me of, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with your edit of my post, but i understand why it could be perceived as insensitive. I've replaced the word in my post.

Because you asked why I used the word though, I'll provide my explanation.The word has more than one meaning and is not only used to refer to disease. Its original meaning was this:

"Cancer: a practice or phenomenon perceived to be evil or destructive and hard to contain or eradicate."
    "Example: racism is a cancer sweeping across Europe" - Secondary definition for the word on Google's dictionary feature.

From that definition I'm sure you can see why I chose that word to describe something I dislike, in that context, and not the context you might have first thought. My intentions were not to be insensitive or to make light of such a horrible disease.

• Banhammer72
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @StarFearSeventh @Banhammer72
    Please refrain from Swearing, It is a violation of the Rules.

Oh really?

Google it!
  • Banhammer72
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    Surely you jest. Have you tried aiming a bolt action under MG fire? Blimey.

Yes I have, I have both shot and been shot though incoming fire, it is ineffectual as a game mechanic, it is now pointless to be in game.
  • SlugSniper
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Surely you jest. Have you tried aiming a bolt action under MG fire? Blimey.

Yes I have, I have both shot and been shot though incoming fire, it is ineffectual as a game mechanic, it is now pointless to be in game.

How? It's pretty darn effective for and against me. How is it so ineffective for and against you?
  • cvnoz
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Martini henry+obrez side arm =1shot mid and close range if you can aim :)
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    realkelach wrote: »
    imo OHK guns shouldn't be in regular core, it's simply unfair and unbalanced.

Um... No it's not.

Considering how well-aimed the shots need to be and how easily the aim can be thrown off by suppression, they're balanced just fine.

I don't know what platform you're on ,if CPU you may be right ,but on xboxone suppression is a joke . and does nothing to throw your aim off.

Also on Xbox and suppression definitely effects aiming strongly no matter what class you are. If anything it is worse for medics and scouts because they can not spam bullets as much.

Maybe consider that it is the aim assist that bothers you and not the sweet spot mechanic.

funny , i've never noticed it , all i ever see from supression is a little black around the edges of my screen, but has no effect on my aim . if supression is real ,then i wish someone would explain to me why snipers are able to sit still and carfully line up a shot all the while i'm spraying them with hits from an LMG. or a medic 40+ meters away can so carfully aim and hit 3 shots .supression is virtually non-exsistant.
  • huricanechuck
    @montreal961

Considering I wasn't using the word in the context you have accused me of, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with your edit of my post, but i understand why it could be perceived as insensitive. I've replaced the word in my post.

Because you asked why I used the word though, I'll provide my explanation.The word has more than one meaning and is not only used to refer to disease. Its original meaning was this:

"Cancer: a practice or phenomenon perceived to be evil or destructive and hard to contain or eradicate."
    "Example: racism is a cancer sweeping across Europe" - Secondary definition for the word on Google's dictionary feature.

From that definition I'm sure you can see why I chose that word to describe something I dislike, in that context, and not the context you might have first thought. My intentions were not to be insensitive or to make light of such a horrible disease.

my niece had cancer when she was 13 (all clear now,thank God,) she's 31 now and doing fine , 2 of my grandparents, my stepfather, one of my cousins , and one of my best friends of over 30 years died from cancer , your reference to it did not offend or bother me in any way. the problem is, todays society is full of thin skinned , bottle fed people who want to make mountains out of mole hills.
  • kagnv05aglp
    173 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The best scout rifle does not even have a sweet spot for 1 hit kill. G M.95!!! Seriously, it is broken good.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't really like the sweet spot mechanic either but... wipe the dang salt out of your wounds and pop some smoke then.

Hard to pop smoke when it is a OHK.

pop 1 or 2 smoke grenades between cover.. You can't be spotted through smoke.

Works great if you are support.......failing that you only get two.

Solution is to go as a support and resupply yourself with the little pouches when you've used your smoke grenades so they are replenished ready for the next push.

Playing as support all the time is not a solution and trying to run between the flags requires a ton of smoke grenades. I do not want to throw 100 smoke grenades in a 25 minute game of Conquest Large. That would be as absurd as giving Scout rifles greater damage at distance than at the muzzle....oh wait......
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't even have smoke grenades equipped and I do just fine. It is very rare that a sniper sitting far away hits me.

Perhaps the problem is with people running obliviously across the map, ignoring every target outside of the range of their automatic rifles - tip: even if you can't hit them, you should keep an eye on them.

But then again, most people complaining about snipers only run on a straight line.
  • SFSeventh
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    @StarFearSeventh @Banhammer72
    Please refrain from Swearing, It is a violation of the Rules.

so sorri bro
  • cracksteady
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    RRedux wrote: »
    They already made sniping easier in bf1 than in earlier bf games. Both the bullet drop and the bullet travel time is lower than in bf3/4. The added sweetspot mechanic is overkill.

Hmm... maybe it was made so easy because it was with console users in mind. Maybe the current sniping mechanic wasn't developed for mouse + keyboard but for controllers.

See this is wrong... isn't it more realistic? Chest shots were fatal... hitting someone in the lungs meant he was probably going to bleed internally. Same goes for shots in the gut...

I here all this griping... and then bf player boast about how realistic the game is... but cry like babies when snipers have OHK mechanic...when in reality, if you were shot by a sniper you were probably going to bleed out or die...
  • cracksteady
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Um... No it's not.

Considering how well-aimed the shots need to be and how easily the aim can be thrown off by suppression, they're balanced just fine.

I don't know what platform you're on ,if CPU you may be right ,but on xboxone suppression is a joke . and does nothing to throw your aim off.

Also on Xbox and suppression definitely effects aiming strongly no matter what class you are. If anything it is worse for medics and scouts because they can not spam bullets as much.

Maybe consider that it is the aim assist that bothers you and not the sweet spot mechanic.

funny , i've never noticed it , all i ever see from supression is a little black around the edges of my screen, but has no effect on my aim . if supression is real ,then i wish someone would explain to me why snipers are able to sit still and carfully line up a shot all the while i'm spraying them with hits from an LMG. or a medic 40+ meters away can so carfully aim and hit 3 shots .supression is virtually non-exsistant.

You clearly haven't played the game enough then. Suppression is MORE than just a visual or cosmetic effect... Ever heard of bullet deviation? When I'm suppressed I usually have to wait about 2.5 seconds to regain accuracy... and quickly pop a shot off...

If your sitting there holding your trigger down with a LMG (unless your bipod'd) your just shooting yourself in the foot... I see this too much... A sniper can regain accuracy MUCH faster than you with your LMG. I often wonder if the different bullets offer different suppression... because it definitely feels like a well placed sniper shot will suppress more than a hail fire of LMG bullets.

Now your little scenario may be true, I doubt this is the norm for all players... as most people acknowledge the existence of suppression.
  • huricanechuck
    edited September 2017

Um... No it's not.

You clearly haven't played the game enough then. Suppression is MORE than just a visual or cosmetic effect... Ever heard of bullet deviation? When I'm suppressed I usually have to wait about 2.5 seconds to regain accuracy... and quickly pop a shot off...

If your sitting there holding your trigger down with a LMG (unless your bipod'd) your just shooting yourself in the foot... I see this too much... A sniper can regain accuracy MUCH faster than you with your LMG. I often wonder if the different bullets offer different suppression... because it definitely feels like a well placed sniper shot will suppress more than a hail fire of LMG bullets.

Now your little scenario may be true, I doubt this is the norm for all players... as most people acknowledge the existence of suppression.

nope ,been on this game since last November and have never had an issue with suppression, I can't think of one instance where I've gotten killed and was able to blame it on being suppressed. bad aim ,lack of skill ,or sometimes even lag maybe, but never suppression. and actually a lot of people agree that suppression is a joke on here.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Um... No it's not.

nope ,been on this game since last November and have never had an issue with suppression, I can't think of one instance where I've gotten killed and was able to blame it on being suppressed. bad aim ,lack of skill ,or sometimes even lag maybe, but never suppression. and actually a lot of people agree that suppression is a joke on here.

I assure you you have been supressed and you have missed because of it. The most logical conclussion is you haven't noticed it.
    When you are supresed deviation widens and crosair aligment spreads making the bullet not go where you are aiming to. I don't say you cannot hit something, I myself have, I say it becomes random.
  • cracksteady
    Every time I play this game I find it harder and harder to come up with reasons why the game simply wouldn't just be a much better experience without the scout class in it at all. Such a pointless hill camper cancer class.

The sweet spot mechanic, snap aim, heavy aim assist, and basically zero bullet drop make this class rediculous. Dice could basically just remove zeroing from the game and 90% of snipers wouldn't even realize it.

And what about the players who PTFO with spotting flares and the close-range weapons available to Scout?

Scout isn't the only "hill camper cancer" class. I've seen Supports with their LMGs hunkered down and spamming endless streams of bullets at targets they have no chance of hitting. I've seen Assaults leech off of the Support campers' ammo boxes to spam 40mm shells from their rocket guns. I've seen Medics with Mondragon Snipers hiding in a hole, using their health boxes as quick-regen camping items. Best of all, I've seen Tankers in their arty trucks shooting at everything that moves from across the map (and missing the whole time).

Remove aim assist? Yes please. But the Scout class is fine, and the only people that get derped by snipers tend to be campers themselves.

LMAO THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS

I second all these statements sir, couldn't have said it better.

• cracksteady

Um... No it's not.

I assure you you have been supressed and you have missed because of it. The most logical conclussion is you haven't noticed it.
    When you are supresed deviation widens and crosair aligment spreads making the bullet not go where you are aiming to. I don't say you cannot hit something, I myself have, I say it becomes random.

THIS

as I said BULLET DEVIATION

perhaps you're one of the lucky few hurricane.

But I REALLY doubt it and I'd like to think i'm a damned good player, EVEN I notice it... ESPECIALLY when I'm using a bolt-action.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Um... No it's not.

THIS

But I REALLY doubt it and I'd like to think i'm a damned good player, EVEN I notice it... ESPECIALLY when I'm using a bolt-action.

Half of the issues of the game come from players not "experienced" enough to notice slight game mechanichs.
    There are guys who don't notice aim assist yet for god sake...
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Um... No it's not.

THIS

Half of the issues of the game come from players not "experienced" enough to notice slight game mechanichs.
    There are guys who don't notice aim assist yet for god sake...

Lol..."Look, ma! my aim is epic."