Why the rush to reduce TTK?

Comments

• Malevolencedance
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    If it is anything like it is in the CTE, it will be a disaster. Medics will basically only be able to compete at long range and will get destroyed in cqb and at mid range, so basically either medics will be so far back they won't be able to heal and revive people fighting for caps, or people just drop the medic class for support, which right now will destroy people in cqb and mid range.

I comtemplated going CTE, but decided not, as my few remaining BF1 pals probably wouldn't, another split in the community.
    When I hear about buffs to Automaticos & Hellriegels along with all the other weapons, my heart sinks & my head gets scratched.
    Clearly Dice want to go head to head with CoD WW2; surely aim-assist needs to be reduced, if weapon damage is going up?
    Now that close-range kill trades are a thing of the past, I have lost count of the times I have been melted by Rigottis, Avrosplats with no damage registered on the opponent (virtual OHK's due to minimal recoil), yet my ping is like 10.

pssst
    Well, there is something up with kill trades, they didn't tell you. Haven't seen anyone who talked about it yet. I like it. DICE is going the smart route this time.
    Let's see if you can find out what secret I'm talking about.
  • azelenkin0306
    190 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 11
    I really sympathize with those, who like to play Cavalry class. With a new weapon patch, cavalry, one of the most interesting additions to the game, will become obsolete together with BA rifles. Well, at least we had almost 1 year playing at least partly authentic WW1 game.

I was really hoping that they will introduce some maps with Cavalry battles, like Soissons for Vehicles.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    610 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can anyone who has experienced the new TTK tell me if the difference is big? I'm not looking forward to it myself either. I quite like the pace of the game, I hate fast paced deaths like in CoD. I'm just worried it's gonna be as bad as that.
  • NakedGeezer
    401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can anyone who has experienced the new TTK tell me if the difference is big? I'm not looking forward to it myself either. I quite like the pace of the game, I hate fast paced deaths like in CoD. I'm just worried it's gonna be as bad as that.

It's really not that bad. Play it for yourself and see. Except on Lupkov Pass where even nature turns against me and everything tries to kill me. I can be lost on that map, not knowing what in the tsars name I'm doing or where I going, where the enemy is or how the heck to get where I should be. Snow drifts and fog prevents me seeing 5 yards in front of me where I'm stuck somewhere on the back of a mountain and pheeewwwp. Dead! A sniper sitting in who the heck knows where, miraculously saw me not anywhere near where normally a player would be, and one shot killed me. As do everything else. I hate that map, otherwise time to kill is fine on other maps.
  • defcon_hostile
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

pssst
    Well, there is something up with kill trades, they didn't tell you. Haven't seen anyone who talked about it yet. I like it. DICE is going the smart route this time.

They have all but vanished, along with half the damage ! Kill trades amused, damage dump doesn't.
    Pray tell us your secret, oh mysterious one..!
  • Mike_V1987
    597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 11
    I completely support this change, a system which makes something like headshots redundant is just sad gunplay.
  • bran1986
    2841 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

If it wasn't for the Parabellum it wouldn't be that bad, but as now it melts you at close and mid range, same with the BAR telescopic. The Parabellum will kill you faster than the automatico does now at medium range. Medics and aggressive scouts are going to get completely crapped on.
  • buddyboy911
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Funny people are saying buff support, as the recent update, support was by far was the most buffed class. In fact I promise you with some of the recent changes you will be seeing at the very least some nerfs to some of the lmgs coming up.
  • GTA_Kid386
    287 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Already impossible to escape most firefights /shots from behind or side - if you start taking damage you get to cover & croak anyway behind it.
    Yes some of the 7shot kill weapons need some sense applied, but surely already powerful guns need to stay as they are?

Eg. trying to take out players rocking new weapons with MG15 low weight? Give me a break.

Fast TTK is a good thing for console players. Keep in mind that console players like myself inherently have worse aim, because they have a controller rather than a keyboard and mouse.
    And the damage dropoff for some weapons is outright ridiculous. Think about it. 7 bullets to kill at longer ranges when your gun (MG15) is shooting full power 7.92x57mm rounds? At the bare minimum, these guns should be doing 30+ damage per shot, like in BF4 and Hardline.

On the flip side though, some guns, the Hellriegel in particular, are in desperate need of a nerf. The Hellriegel is the most forgiving gun in the game. It has a high rate of fire, 3rd fastest in the game, an easily controllable recoil pattern, a 60-120 round drum magazine, and laser like accuracy. It's so good in fact, it's the most popular gun in the game, even though it's a level 10 gun. And for some reason, DICE decided to buff it, as if it wasn't OP already.

Oh, and the Parabellum MG14/17 doesn't need a nerf. Not only will the assignment no longer be worth it, but the Support class will lose their best chance against Hellriegel and Automatico users in CQB.
  • bran1986
    2841 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 12
    No one is saying to Nerf the parabellum at close range, it needs a Nerf at mid-range as it is currently "balanced" in the cte. As it is now, it is an automatico with range and a faster ttk.
  • boutneus
    1596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lmgs don't need no buff. Don't need to get insta killed in combination with the lag. Sounds like a terrible idea
  • full951
    1267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    geezus. give change a chance. low ttk makes the cream rise to the top. as will removal of aim assist in all forms. BF core mode never will be a low ttk model . all those low ttk numbers you read on paper are just that . paper stats. it doesn't represent what actual in game ttk will be most of the time .
  • bran1986
    I gave it a chance for a week and it sucks in its current configuration.
  • full951
    1267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    try the division. I think you will enjoy the damage model there
  • bran1986
    So edgy. BTW played the division, game sucked.
  • full951
    I do agree
  • SmileAsTheyDie
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    full951 wrote: »
    geezus. give change a chance. low ttk makes the cream rise to the top. as will removal of aim assist in all forms. BF core mode never will be a low ttk model . all those low ttk numbers you read on paper are just that . paper stats. it doesn't represent what actual in game ttk will be most of the time .

Gave it a chance and its trash. The current TTK in retail is fine.
  • Malevolencedance
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

pssst

They have all but vanished, along with half the damage ! Kill trades amused, damage dump doesn't.
    Pray tell us your secret, oh mysterious one..!

I wish I could, but if I did war would rage on these forums, my dear friend.