How am I meant to unlock these guns? is this Destiny or Battlefield?

Comments

  • Z3ROKD
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just wait for XUR to come on fridays and buy them.......
  • Bertominus_Rex
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Z3ROKD wrote: »
    Just wait for XUR to come on fridays and buy them.......

    Except you can't because he's selling the DLC weapon, making a vanilla feature useless.

    ... I'm still salty over that game.
  • Astr0damus
    1349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 12
    I actually detest that DICE tries to get ppl 'out of their comfort zone' - its treating us like children.

    I dont play Scout for a reason--yet they try to thrust it upon everyone 'for our own good'. But this is for their own pleasure! I can picture them sitting in a conference room whining: 'we made all this cool stuff like periscopes and air-burst mortars, but hardly anyone is using them--any suggestions?' Then someone says 'Yes, hold the new DLC weapons hostage from them until they learn to appreciate the time and effort we put into all these gadgets'

    BRILLIANT!

    Except I'll never use the crossbow, tripmines, periscope nor nortars again. I probably wont even use the specializations I unlocked by using the dumb gadgets.

  • BobsAndVegane
    659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 12
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    The 1906 is tied in 4th place with the M97 for who?

    If people really want to get all unlocks under the current system then they will grind for them.

    Please quote the post where I said people shouldn't get the weapons for nowt or where I have a problem.

    It should have been obvious that I was talking about myself. I never use that gun, it's only there because I had to use it in order to complete that aspect of the game.

    And I'm saying that it's stupid for the people who don't enjoy the grind. If they were given a choice whether or not they wanted to do the stupid little chores DICE came up with when they were out drinking, there wouldn't be so much complaining about these assignments.

    It's perfectly obvious that you have a problem with other people you don't know getting the weapons without doing the assignments.
    Getting the reward for free diminishes the value of the challenge's reward significantly. This is a big part in the satisfaction of the challenge itself.

    Why do you care about other people's "accomplishments" (and I use that term loosely) in a videogame? If you think anything you could possibly do in this game has any value, I've got some bad news for you.
  • moose004
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    superteds wrote: »
    moose004 wrote: »

    Yep. I hate mortars in general (either using them or getting hit by them) so that was no fun. They just don't strike me as a very fun weapon to use.

    The ones that are going to mess me up are the pistol kills. I'm not a particularly good player and have trouble getting kills with primaries, much less with sidearms. I've used pretty much nothing but the Hellfighter M1911 in my sidearm slot up to this point and have 210+ hours in, and only about 64 kills with it.

    the only pistol that was slightly (very) annoying for me was the gasser - but i just don't get on with revolvers. what is it you struggle with with the 1911, because that's probably the best all-around pistol

    Generally I die before I can draw it. :) I almost never manage to switch weapons in time.
  • Bertominus_Rex
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 12
    Why do you care about other people's "accomplishments" (and I use that term loosely) in a videogame? If you think anything you could possibly do in this game has any value, I've got some bad news for you.

    Never said I did. What I can say, is that the value of a reward is often determined by its rarity. That can be the percent chance that it's given to drop, or even the percentage of players that have it. Not all players will care about these factors depending on the reward and game, but they do have an impact on the perceived value of items. That's just basic psychology and economics.
  • superteds
    564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    moose004 wrote: »
    superteds wrote: »
    moose004 wrote: »

    Yep. I hate mortars in general (either using them or getting hit by them) so that was no fun. They just don't strike me as a very fun weapon to use.

    The ones that are going to mess me up are the pistol kills. I'm not a particularly good player and have trouble getting kills with primaries, much less with sidearms. I've used pretty much nothing but the Hellfighter M1911 in my sidearm slot up to this point and have 210+ hours in, and only about 64 kills with it.

    the only pistol that was slightly (very) annoying for me was the gasser - but i just don't get on with revolvers. what is it you struggle with with the 1911, because that's probably the best all-around pistol

    Generally I die before I can draw it. :) I almost never manage to switch weapons in time.

    try the high-capacity pistols, they draw much quicker (frommer stop etc)
  • zombifiedstalker
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If I go out and buy a new car, I shouldn't have to drive 300 miles to the nearest White Castle to "unlock" the radio that's in it. I shouldn't have to drive to the beach from Iowa to "unlock" the wipers. Same principle for bf1, let me have what I paid for! The game play and teamwork is what the game is about!

    actually, there are examples of assignments IRL. not cars, but...

    If you buy a jigsaw puzzle, you need to put it together before you get the pretty picture on the box...
    If you buy a model aeroplane from say, Revell or Airfix. You need to construct it to get the plane on the front of the box...
    If you buy a tent, you will need to to erect it not once but, EVERY TIME you want to use it...
    If you go to buy some bookshelves, coffee tables etc. from IKEA (another bunch of Swedes haha).. prepare to be horrified! (seriously tho, dont go to IKEA)

    To those saying saying that the weapon assignments stop ppl from playing the objectives, I really don't see how. you're still doing the same task, just with a different set of weapons/gadgets temporarily (except for the medic rifle grenade one, that's a tough choice, healing or reviving. but you can still cap/def objectives)
    I've been killed by all the weapons in the assignments BEFORE the dlc was released so, ppl do use them.. (tho I've got to admit, the 1903 experimental was a rare one..)

    To those saying that they should have the choice to do assignments or not, you did! You made your choice when you purchased the dlc/premium, with its weapon unlock system that has been in the previous 3 games. Why would think that had changed?

    To those say they would gladly pay extra to have the weapons unlocked without the extra effort. I'm willing to bet that you find some local boy scouts who would do it for you for a few bucks (bob a job, Guv?). But better square it with the scoutmaster first. It wouldn't do to be seen waving money at boy scouts on the side of the road from you car :smile:
  • SpaceMastermind
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Instead of "destroy 2 planes with any LMG", wouldn't it be better to have "inflict x amount of damage to planes with LMGs"? Like the way how the "get x vehicle repairs works".

    (That being said, what LMG is recommended for taking down a plane?)

    Also, the HE X-bow thing is BS from what I've heard.

    Besides that, apart from the cancer that is Artillery Trucks, I have actually enjoyed most of the challenges for weapons.

    But to sum it up, the whole "2 LMG plane kills" is ****.
  • zombifiedstalker
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Instead of "destroy 2 planes with any LMG", wouldn't it be better to have "inflict x amount of damage to planes with LMGs"? Like the way how the "get x vehicle repairs works".

    (That being said, what LMG is recommended for taking down a plane?)

    Also, the HE X-bow thing is BS from what I've heard.

    Besides that, apart from the cancer that is Artillery Trucks, I have actually enjoyed most of the challenges for weapons.

    But to sum it up, the whole "2 LMG plane kills" is ****.

    Anything with a big mag!
    I downed one on grappa the day before the dlc (damn!) with the Lewis suppressive.
    The 2 that counted were with the perino low weight..
  • Claypole1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 12

    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I actually detest that DICE tries to get ppl 'out of their comfort zone' - its treating us like children.

    I dont play Scout for a reason--yet they try to thrust it upon everyone 'for our own good'. But this is for their own pleasure! I can picture them sitting in a conference room whining: 'we made all this cool stuff like periscopes and air-burst mortars, but hardly anyone is using them--any suggestions?' Then someone says 'Yes, hold the new DLC weapons hostage from them until they learn to appreciate the time and effort we put into all these gadgets'

    BRILLIANT!

    Except I'll never use the crossbow, tripmines, periscope nor nortars again. I probably wont even use the specializations I unlocked by using the dumb gadgets.
    If you don't play scout and don't plan on using the specialisations, then why bother going through the hassle of completing the assignments to unlock them?

  • ashar_saleem121
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I actually detest that DICE tries to get ppl 'out of their comfort zone' - its treating us like children.

    I dont play Scout for a reason--yet they try to thrust it upon everyone 'for our own good'. But this is for their own pleasure! I can picture them sitting in a conference room whining: 'we made all this cool stuff like periscopes and air-burst mortars, but hardly anyone is using them--any suggestions?' Then someone says 'Yes, hold the new DLC weapons hostage from them until they learn to appreciate the time and effort we put into all these gadgets'

    BRILLIANT!

    Except I'll never use the crossbow, tripmines, periscope nor nortars again. I probably wont even use the specializations I unlocked by using the dumb gadgets.
    If you don't play scout and don't plan on using the specialisations, then why bother going through the hassle of completing the assignments to unlock them?

    Because he paid for the game. And it's no one's business but his own why he wants them.
  • Claypole1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I actually detest that DICE tries to get ppl 'out of their comfort zone' - its treating us like children.

    I dont play Scout for a reason--yet they try to thrust it upon everyone 'for our own good'. But this is for their own pleasure! I can picture them sitting in a conference room whining: 'we made all this cool stuff like periscopes and air-burst mortars, but hardly anyone is using them--any suggestions?' Then someone says 'Yes, hold the new DLC weapons hostage from them until they learn to appreciate the time and effort we put into all these gadgets'

    BRILLIANT!

    Except I'll never use the crossbow, tripmines, periscope nor nortars again. I probably wont even use the specializations I unlocked by using the dumb gadgets.
    If you don't play scout and don't plan on using the specialisations, then why bother going through the hassle of completing the assignments to unlock them?

    Because he paid for the game. And it's no one's business but his own why he wants them.
    We're having a public discussion about a video game on an Internet forum. I'm not asking him what colour his underpants are.

  • jrmpt
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I actually detest that DICE tries to get ppl 'out of their comfort zone' - its treating us like children.

    I dont play Scout for a reason--yet they try to thrust it upon everyone 'for our own good'. But this is for their own pleasure! I can picture them sitting in a conference room whining: 'we made all this cool stuff like periscopes and air-burst mortars, but hardly anyone is using them--any suggestions?' Then someone says 'Yes, hold the new DLC weapons hostage from them until they learn to appreciate the time and effort we put into all these gadgets'

    BRILLIANT!

    Except I'll never use the crossbow, tripmines, periscope nor nortars again. I probably wont even use the specializations I unlocked by using the dumb gadgets.
    If you don't play scout and don't plan on using the specialisations, then why bother going through the hassle of completing the assignments to unlock them?

    Because he paid for the game. And it's no one's business but his own why he wants them.

    I have zero plans to use the DLC WEAPS or play on the DLC MAPS. One of the things that really grind my gears is to see paid content greyed or inaccessible.

    The specialisations were my objectives with this patch, unfortunately they are locked behind time consuming and ridiculous assignments. I'll play my game, my way and not as DICE wishes.
  • Djoenz
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The better question is how are they going to handle Turning Tides dlc weapons and their unlock assignments? Are we going to get another feedback thread prior to the release and Dice only picks a handful suggestions or...?
  • Claypole1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    A lot of people on this forum might not like having to unlock new guns, but does this forum represent the wider community?

    People only tend to comment and make a fuss when they don't like something, so maybe there's a huge amount of players out there who don't mind/like unlocking stuff.
  • ashar_saleem121
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I actually detest that DICE tries to get ppl 'out of their comfort zone' - its treating us like children.

    I dont play Scout for a reason--yet they try to thrust it upon everyone 'for our own good'. But this is for their own pleasure! I can picture them sitting in a conference room whining: 'we made all this cool stuff like periscopes and air-burst mortars, but hardly anyone is using them--any suggestions?' Then someone says 'Yes, hold the new DLC weapons hostage from them until they learn to appreciate the time and effort we put into all these gadgets'

    BRILLIANT!

    Except I'll never use the crossbow, tripmines, periscope nor nortars again. I probably wont even use the specializations I unlocked by using the dumb gadgets.
    If you don't play scout and don't plan on using the specialisations, then why bother going through the hassle of completing the assignments to unlock them?

    Because he paid for the game. And it's no one's business but his own why he wants them.
    We're having a public discussion about a video game on an Internet forum. I'm not asking him what colour his underpants are.

    That's the only argument he needs for not wanting unlock assignments. Everyone who says this is basically saying to him that because he won't use it, he shouldn't receive the content he paid for already. And that's okay.

    If I don't use the backseat of my car does that mean they should just not give it to me?
  • obisearch
    429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I actually detest that DICE tries to get ppl 'out of their comfort zone' - its treating us like children.

    I dont play Scout for a reason--yet they try to thrust it upon everyone 'for our own good'. But this is for their own pleasure! I can picture them sitting in a conference room whining: 'we made all this cool stuff like periscopes and air-burst mortars, but hardly anyone is using them--any suggestions?' Then someone says 'Yes, hold the new DLC weapons hostage from them until they learn to appreciate the time and effort we put into all these gadgets'

    BRILLIANT!

    Except I'll never use the crossbow, tripmines, periscope nor nortars again. I probably wont even use the specializations I unlocked by using the dumb gadgets.
    If you don't play scout and don't plan on using the specialisations, then why bother going through the hassle of completing the assignments to unlock them?

    Because he paid for the game. And it's no one's business but his own why he wants them.

    You do know your proposition is nonsensical right?.
    Your solution is to offer all the guns upfront or give the option to unlock it....hmmmm let me think about that... durp bdi bdi bdi bdi ok I'll choose to grind it for practically no reason!!
    When people ask why you want the guns when your playstyle doesn't allow you to use a certain class, we get the 'non of your business they paid for it' arguement. Which is both hyperbolic and completely counterproductive to logical discussion.

    Now proposing exclusive skins/ tags for the gun assignments you completed might be easier for the task camp to swallow. But I GUARANTEE you, the free loader camp would not be happy. This forum would be littered with 'oh why do I need to do these stupid assignments to get my exclusive skins'. 'I payed for the content gimee now! What I do with my skins is my business, whah whah dice denying me dlc content, whah, liable, etc'.

    Give in to one demand just shifts the goal posts. And your proposition buddy is a non starter...
  • ashar_saleem121
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 12
    obisearch wrote: »
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I actually detest that DICE tries to get ppl 'out of their comfort zone' - its treating us like children.

    I dont play Scout for a reason--yet they try to thrust it upon everyone 'for our own good'. But this is for their own pleasure! I can picture them sitting in a conference room whining: 'we made all this cool stuff like periscopes and air-burst mortars, but hardly anyone is using them--any suggestions?' Then someone says 'Yes, hold the new DLC weapons hostage from them until they learn to appreciate the time and effort we put into all these gadgets'

    BRILLIANT!

    Except I'll never use the crossbow, tripmines, periscope nor nortars again. I probably wont even use the specializations I unlocked by using the dumb gadgets.
    If you don't play scout and don't plan on using the specialisations, then why bother going through the hassle of completing the assignments to unlock them?

    Because he paid for the game. And it's no one's business but his own why he wants them.

    You do know your proposition is nonsensical right?.
    Your solution is to offer all the guns upfront or give the option to unlock it....hmmmm let me think about that... durp bdi bdi bdi bdi ok I'll choose to grind it for practically no reason!!
    When people ask why you want the guns when your playstyle doesn't allow you to use a certain class, we get the 'non of your business they paid for it' arguement. Which is both hyperbolic and completely counterproductive to logical discussion.

    Now proposing exclusive skins/ tags for the gun assignments you completed might be easier for the task camp to swallow. But I GUARANTEE you, the free loader camp would not be happy. This forum would be littered with 'oh why do I need to do these stupid assignments to get my exclusive skins'. 'I payed for the content gimee now! What I do with my skins is my business, whah whah dice denying me dlc content, whah, liable, etc'.

    Give in to one demand just shifts the goal posts. And your proposition buddy is a non starter...

    I know my proposition isn't feasible. They're not going to make it a choice. I'm establishing a premise. I want to know WHY people want the unlock assignments.

    If it was just about the grind and/or personal achievement, it wouldn't matter how other people got the weapons. You would only care about what you did. You have the satisfaction of knowing you "earned" them.

    But that doesn't seem to be the case is it? It's not enough that you know that you earned them. Everyone else has to know too.

    So it's not really about personal gratification is it? If it was, you would pick the grind option, regardless of what everyone else did. It's really about bragging rights. You need everyone to see how "skilled" you are.

    If you say it gives you something to do, well you can still do all these things without forcing other people to do them too, right?

    So it's time that everyone who want these assignments to own up to the real reason and cut the BS

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!