The game need a sniper cap pls....

CroDanZ
17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
...with the new expansion more than ever.

Nearly all maps are open field, ofc 60% of the team and enemy players are sniper. -.-

Its rly not fun, especially bcs sniping is that easy, even a ape wo hit his head onto the keyboard can do headshots without problems.

Pls set a sniper cap and would be nice if u could make sniping harder.

In BF4 (a modern setting) the bullet has a bullet drop and in BF1 (WW1 setting) the bullet has no drop and fly straight ahead like a laser? -.-

Cap should look as follow:

64 player: Max 6 sniper per side
48: 5 sniper
40: 4 sniper
32: 3 sniper
24: 2 sniper
16: 2 sniper
10: 1 sniper

thank you and best regards

Comments

• XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 12
    Of course not.
  • obisearch
    429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There's definitely a bullet drop. Not as severe as BF4 but it's there. What would be the point of the range adjuster otherwise? Also I think your overplaying the sniper headshot card just to prove a point.
  • CroDanZ
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 12
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    It really doesnt need a cap.

If you cap one class, its only fair you cap them all.

Im fine with it if they make sniping harder.

but as said currently the sniper bullet has the same bullet drop like the laser bullets in Star Wars.....means nearly 0. ;)
  • GRIZZ11283
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CroDanZ wrote: »

but as said currently the sniper bullet has the same bullet drop like the laser bullets in Star Wars.....means nearly 0. ;)

There is bullet drop after 75m, not sure what you're talking about to be honest.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 12

You are not right. Bullet speed has increased overall making drop less noticeable. There is bullet drop.

And I can run from F to A straight on Sinai Dessert evading any "sniper" using dunes alone. There is cover.
  • Contra87
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    even a ape wo hit his head onto the keyboard can do headshots without problems.

Maybe I should switch to pc...
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    Contra87 wrote: »
    even a ape wo hit his head onto the keyboard can do headshots without problems.

Maybe I should switch to pc...

And then when you see the actuall numbers... no. XD.
  • crabman169
    10195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The only thing that needs a cap is these stupid threads.

How dare bolt actions be present in a ww1 video game.

The muzzle velocity is bascially realistic to its real life counter parts not BF4 airsoft edition.

Sniping in real life isn't really hard; it's all about patience more then actual marksmanship plus your spotter calls your shots
  • guinness54321
    97 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Does this mean we need to cap camping support players too?

I see more sniping support players while scouts are capping objectives.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    Does this mean we need to cap camping support players too?

I see more sniping support players while scouts are capping objectives.

Endeed. And artillery trucks and tanks.
  • Banhammer72
    402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The only thing this game needs to limit is grenades of all types....still.
  • Claypole1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DIce made sniping both easy and satisfying in BF1, and then went and made maps that encouraged more sniping.

People like sniping, that's why there's lots of snipers. Why would DIce want to put a limit on them?

• jrmpt
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    well, the problem is the really unbalanced squads that you get, no medic etc.

The system should be, for example: You create a squad as assault. The next person entering the squad need to pick one missing class. Once the squad have 4 people with 4 different classes, the 5th can choose any. On a 32x32 server, the max squads per team would be 8.
  • Dogwoggle11
    1535 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    But there's already a cap for Scouts.

32 players per team, as the rest of the classes. Isn't that fair?
  • Claypole1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    jrmpt wrote: »
    well, the problem is the really unbalanced squads that you get, no medic etc.

The system should be, for example: You create a squad as assault. The next person entering the squad need to pick one missing class. Once the squad have 4 people with 4 different classes, the 5th can choose any. On a 32x32 server, the max squads per team would be 8.
    Players should be able to sort his out themselves though. If you have a squad of 5 scouts, then all those players are quite happy to be in a squad of 5 scouts.

• Obsidiann6
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Totally agree with capped sniperslots. Other games have implemented it as well, Americas Army, Chivalry (Archerslots here). It greatly improves the gamingexperience.
  • olavafar
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm not against it as long as it is just on some servers well marked. Personally I avoid sniper limited servers as all it tends to lead to is people sniping with other types of weapons (LMGs and SLR are very capable of the same thing).

The bullet drop in BF4 mostly comes from that you can shoot at much longer distances than you can in BF1 because of the scopes (20x and 40x scopes in particular). With an 8x scope in BF4, there is basically no bullet drop either within 'comfort range' + you can zero distances in an effective way in BF4. I found sniping easier in BF4 than in BF1 but then again I never bother about sweet spot range but always go for head shots which was easier in BF4 just because of the better scopes.