The game need a sniper cap pls....

Comments

• Siiiiimi
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They will never limit scouts. On this forum the popular opinion seem to be anti scout, ingame show another story.

Ppl pick the open maps (why on earth would you pick frontlines monte grappa?), and ppl pick scout, its just a popular playstyle, so no way they're gonna limit it, even tho it suck monkeyballs for certain gamemodes.
  • rock1obsta
    3273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Any sort of limit or cap is always gonna be bad. Where does it stop then?
    I'm no fan of snipers either, but if we start making limits, it's only gonna blow up in our face.
  • Loqtrall
    8371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    I'm no fan of snipers either, but if we start making limits, it's only gonna blow up in our face.

Yeah, the real thing is that if a sniper limit were going to be implemented in this franchise, it would have happened already. I haven't seen class limits in this game since BF1942, and there were servers that allowed you to play without them.

There have been small groups of people arguing for sniper limits since at least BC2 - if DICE thought it was a good idea that would improve gameplay for the majority, it would have happened by now.
  • rock1obsta
    3273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »

Yeah, the real thing is that if a sniper limit were going to be implemented in this franchise, it would have happened already. I haven't seen class limits in this game since BF1942, and there were servers that allowed you to play without them.

There have been small groups of people arguing for sniper limits since at least BC2 - if DICE thought it was a good idea that would improve gameplay for the majority, it would have happened by now.

Here's to hoping they stick to that and never cave on this issue.
  • Gforce81
    2255 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How about they limit Assault? How about THEM apples?

I'll take a G.98 bullet to the face everyday if it means I get to see less of the zerg GOGOGO HellRiegel rush
  • GRIZZ11283
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I did some research, I understand now why OP is mad. Someone has to be cannon fodder.

:D :D :D
  • HardAimedKid
    10233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    I did some research, I understand now why OP is mad. Someone has to be cannon fodder.

;)
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

;)

I see what you did there... "When your top weapon is a gas grenade" should be a Master grade studies branch at University.
  • cracksteady
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Garlic Salt? Sea Salt? iodized Salt? I got all yer needs right here, but apparently this thread has enough salt as it is. So I guess I'll be on my way. :D :D :D :D

How DARE they make bolt-action rifles deadly... apparently people liked the airsoft sniper rifles of BF4.

This is just another thread of some salty kid ... Don't blame the snipers because you're running out in open fields instead of Using hills, rubble, Foxholes. Don't blame them for your own stupidity.
  • -Bl1tzTurk-
    169 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Leave us alone. We know what we doing.
  • huricanechuck
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 12
    snipers/scouts are not the problem. it's K/D farming campers. you have them on every game of this type. if I go run to a hill with a lewis gun suppressive, doesn't that make me just as much of a hillhumper as a guy with a sniper rifle? even on world of tanks . assuming at least some of you have played it. every other game you had some idiot hiding in the rear of the map ,.not helping his team. and then toward the end of the game would get a cheap kill or 2 on tanks that were already damaged from fighting his teammates, and then brag about having the most kills ,even though they done the least damage in the game. so ,this problem is not unique to this game or a specific class.the only difference between a hillhumping scout or medic or support ,and on some occasions even an assault, is the fact that a scout has a long distance OHK gun . in short ,the game is not the problem , it's selfish killfarming hillhumpers , of any class.
  • cracksteady
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    snipers/scouts are not the problem. it's K/D farming campers. you have them on every game of this type. if I go run to a hill with a lewis gun suppressive, doesn't that make me just as much of a hillhumper as a guy with a sniper rifle? even on world of tanks . assuming at least some of you have played it. every other game you had some idiot hiding in the rear of the map ,.not helping his team. and then toward the end of the game would get a cheap kill or 2 on tanks that were already damaged from fighting his teammates, and then brag about having the most kills ,even though they done the least damage in the game. so ,this problem is not unique to this game or a specific class.the only difference between a hillhumping scout or medic or support ,and on some occasions even an assault, is the fact that a scout has a long distance OHK gun . in short ,the game is not the problem , it's selfish killfarming hillhumpers , of any class.

Your right about that.

But what's the alternative... What's the solution?

We can't STOP players from playing a certain way... we can only reward players for playing the way the game was meant to be played. STOPING those players from "hillhumping" effectively removes those players from the game, and what good is that.

I understand the argument that having these hillhumpers removes potential players that PTFO which can effectively cost you the win/loss ... BUT there's literally nothing we can do about it. Your ALWAYS going to have that sweaty tryhard sitting in the back of the map going 20-17.

• FightinFinn187
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Someone doesn't understand how bullet velocity and bullet drop correlate! The faster the bullet, the less drop. BF1 bullet velocities are quite a bit more in line with real firearms than BF4 as well. I prefer the feel of BF1 for this reason.
  • HardAimedKid
    10233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 12
    Someone doesn't understand how bullet velocity and bullet drop correlate! The faster the bullet, the less drop. BF1 bullet velocities are quite a bit more in line with real firearms than BF4 as well. I prefer the feel of BF1 for this reason.

Yeah let's be honest, it was fun to get super long kills in bf4 with a rifle, but side stepping a marshmallow only to return fire your own marshmallow was pretty cheesy, far more than what this game has going on.
  • Loqtrall
    8371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    How DARE they make bolt-action rifles deadly... apparently people liked the airsoft sniper rifles of BF4.

The real kicker of the situation is that they didn't like those rifles either.

BF4 had the exact opposite sort of rifles that BF1 has. The rounds had abysmally slow velocity, they all had a universal OHK range that was in extreme CQB - but people STILL complained about snipers in BF4, whether it was because they were OHK'ing people in CQB or because they were being worthless in the hills.

Like I said on the last page, going by the opinions of hundreds of people in multiple BF communities throughout the years, it seems like some people just hate bolt-action rifles/snipers in these games no matter what, and won't be happy with the Scout/Recon/Sniper class until their primary weapons are nerfed so hard into the ground that the class won't be able to PTFO at all, or compete at anything but long range for that matter.

It's like what they essentially want is bolt-action rifles to be useless, and the class itself to be barely played by anyone at all. Either that, or (for whatever reason, beyond any "balance" logic) they want bolt-action rifles to require significantly more skill to play effectively with than literally any other weapon type in the game, including sidearms.
  • FightinFinn187
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yeah let's be honest, it was fun to get super long kills in bf4 with a rifle, but side stepping a marshmallow only to return fire your own marshmallow was pretty cheesy, far more than what this game has going on.

Agreed! Back in march when this conversation was being thrown around previously, I did a little research and found out that quite a few of the guns in BF1 have the same bullet velocity as the advertised ballistics on the IRL versions and many others are in the ballpark of realistic bullet velocities for the firearm. Examples: m1903 802 m/s
    m1911 250 m/s
  • olavafar
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Hahahaha! I want bullet drop on GAS damit! Stays in the air much too long.
  • robmcewen
    1559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is there a prize for making the 100,000,000 sniper limit thread, if so what's the prize. I hope it's worth all the regurgitated crying threads that the forum gets filled with every week.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Is there a prize for making the 100,000,000 sniper limit thread, if so what's the prize. I hope it's worth all the regurgitated crying threads that the forum gets filled with every week.

Im in for this. Second place for "Battlefield Dying " thread.