Weekly BF

Opinions on the new maps

2»

Comments

• scorpionshahan
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Volga seems the only one designed properly
  • strombergs04
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Must be one of the worst DLCs ever in the BF Franchise History.
  • KnucklesNilan
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the new maps are pretty darn good!
  • Claymore512
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am liking Tsaritsyn and it appears to be very popular as it is constantly chosen. I have only played on Volga once but I love it. There is no need to move around the map as flags are constantly being fought for. Brusilov seems very unpopular.
  • DarthBlueMax
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love all the maps except for Galicia and Lupkow . Galicia is extremelly large and booooring. Lupkow is a big camper party
  • Sgt_Rillllller
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They could have done so much better....yet somehow the maps are weird!

Only good map is Albion the rest are badly designed without creativity.... they rushed the design!??

Galicia gets top negative score ...maybe the worst map in the game!

Pretty disappointed with the game...when I thought things can't get worse....they can.

• Noodlesocks
    3040 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure if I've even played Lupkow pass yet but Tsaritsyn feels like it was designed bad on purpose.

Galicia and Volga have been my favourites so far. Brusilov isn't bad for an infantry focussed map. Albion is pretty decent but could have benefited being a conquest assault lines map instead of conquest head on.
  • Bossman1794
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Of the 6 maps I think I like 5 of them so that's not a bad start. You're never going to enjoy every single map. A few of my observations on the new maps.

1) The atmosphere is good. The in game assets are nice and all work well together, the weather is great. The maps almost make me feel as though I'm actually out on the ground crawling on the cold earth. In this regard DICE did well.

2) Tsaritsyn.....I'm having trouble deciding how I feel about this map. I can't quite make up my mind whether it's the worst map to ever grace this game or only the second worst after Suez at launch. It's just horrific and I've started avoiding it like the plague at every opportunity. It's a crying shame that it was included in an Operation too over the much much better maps of Albion and Lupkow Pass. Horrible map and DICE should be ashamed of spawning something so terrible.

3) I'm not sure but some of them appear to be a inherently unbalanced according to some. The only one I have seen this for myself is Albion. That map is incredibly unbalanced in favour of the landward side. They have an instant gimme flag incredibly close to their base and the three flags on the island nearest them are very closely grouped together. This makes it easy for that side to shut out the seaward attackers and confine them to A B and C on the outermost island.
    Other than the inherent unbalance of the map, it's probably one of the most fun maps in the game IMO. It has a great mix of almost everything and really feels like an old school battlefield map. Fix the flags and this will be the best map in BF1 IMO.

4) The behemoths aren't very well utilized IMO. Correct me if I'm wrong but 2 of the maps don't feature them and one (Lupkow Pass) probably has the most useless appearance of a Behemoth to date. It has horrific visibility and only the mortars are truly useful on it. Perhaps this is because DICE seemed to actually opt for some authenticity and didn't want CZAR's, blimps and cruisers flying around in places where they actually weren't.

Overall, not a bad attempt. I think I like the maps a bit better than the TSNP DLC. That DLC had some very good ones (Soissons, Fort Vaux and Prise de Tahure) but it also had some I really didn't like very much (Verdun, Nivelle Nights and Rupture).
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Galicia is the only map I don't enjoy out if the dlc, kinda makes you use the scout class.
  • bfloo11111111111
    212 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Now that I'm learning my way around the maps, the sniping isn't so bad. Most games I get in are decided by less than 100 points, a few in under 10 points.

I was on the losing side of a 1000-999 game on Tsaritsyn.

While they aren't my favorite style of maps, they are playing well.

• Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    Visually - the maps are designed beautifully.

Gameplay - the maps are designed atrociously.

How many years, with how many maps of examples, does DICE need before they learn that you HAVE to put cover on maps otherwise maps don't flow?

It blows my mind that they see what happens on maps like Giant's Shadow, and still haven't figured it out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - DICE constantly display the incredible inability to comprehend the community that plays their game.
    This, this, thisss!!!

It seems at this point that DICE doesn't even test their maps before releasing to CTE and to the general public. How come the level designers don't know that maps like Fao Fortress, Empire's Edge, Giant's Shadow, Galicia, Soissons, Rupture, Suez, Lupkow Pass, Albion in BF1 and Almost all the maps in BF4, especially Lacang Damn, Silk Road, Dragon Pass, Altai Range, Golmud Railway, Operation Whiteout, Giants of Karelia, Rougue Transmission and even Sunken Dragon all lack cover and are not fun to play on the main game modes because they are just tooo damn OPEN to have any flow to them?

In BF4, you could only be successful and have fun on these maps if you were in a vehicle or a sniper sitting away from the objective.

I remember BF3 having way better map design. Even the so criticized Hardline had many top notch maps which would be absent from BF1 if it wasn't for Amiens, St. Quentin Scar and Volga River, the only decent maps in the game. I mean, where has gone their inspiration on making these well designed maps that we miss and love?

-Sabalan Pipeline
    -SHARQI PENINSULA (the best map ever)
    -Strike at Karkand;
    -Epicenter;
    -Damavand Peak (Rush);
    -Caspian Border 2011;
    -Tehran Highway (Rush);
    -Noshahr Canals (Rush);
    -Azadi Palace;
    -Talah Market;
    -Markaz Monolith;
    -Kiasar Railroad;
    -Propaganda;
    -Lost Islands;
    -Nansha Strike;
    -And last, but not least: Operation Outbreak; (which shows what the community actually wants)
  • JohnMatrix666
    1255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Most games I get in are decided by less than 100 points, a few in under 10 points.

This will go right out the window once more scrubs migrate to the new maps from vanilla. I was having so much fun today before I joined a friend's game on non-premium servers. What I saw there scarred me for life.
  • diagoro
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Danz_RS wrote: »

How many years, with how many maps of examples, does DICE need before they learn that you HAVE to put cover on maps otherwise maps don't flow?

It blows my mind that they see what happens on maps like Giant's Shadow, and still haven't figured it out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - DICE constantly display the incredible inability to comprehend the community that plays their game.
    This, this, thisss!!!

It seems at this point that DICE doesn't even test their maps before releasing to CTE and to the general public. How come the level designers don't know that maps like Fao Fortress, Empire's Edge, Giant's Shadow, Galicia, Soissons, Rupture, Suez, Lupkow Pass, Albion in BF1 and Almost all the maps in BF4, especially Lacang Damn, Silk Road, Dragon Pass, Altai Range, Golmud Railway, Operation Whiteout, Giants of Karelia, Rougue Transmission and even Sunken Dragon all lack cover and are not fun to play on the main game modes because they are just tooo damn OPEN to have any flow to them?

In BF4, you could only be successful and have fun on these maps if you were in a vehicle or a sniper sitting away from the objective.

I remember BF3 having way better map design. Even the so criticized Hardline had many top notch maps which would be absent from BF1 if it wasn't for Amiens, St. Quentin Scar and Volga River, the only decent maps in the game. I mean, where has gone their inspiration on making these well designed maps that we miss and love?

-Sabalan Pipeline
    -Strike at Karkand;
    -Epicenter;
    -Damavand Peak (Rush);
    -Caspian Border 2011;
    -Tehran Highway (Rush);
    -Noshahr Canals (Rush);
    -Azadi Palace;
    -Talah Market;
    -Markaz Monolith;
    -Kiasar Railroad;
    -Propaganda;
    -Lost Islands;
    -Nansha Strike;
    -And last, but not least: Operation Outbreak; (which shows what the community actually wants)

I generally agree. But would add that on some maps a player has to pick a region and stick to it. Dragon's Pass as an example, I always stuck to either the top or lower half of the map, and avoided the island.
  • Fog_eXGunner
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont mind almost every map in BF1 ..even dont mind Sanai..

except..

Galicia. Its my least favourite map. It needs more ground assets for cover.
  • GrizzGolf
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like about two of them.
  • Sgt_Rillllller
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Danz_RS wrote: »

This, this, thisss!!!

-Sabalan Pipeline
    -Strike at Karkand;
    -Epicenter;
    -Damavand Peak (Rush);
    -Caspian Border 2011;
    -Tehran Highway (Rush);
    -Noshahr Canals (Rush);
    -Azadi Palace;
    -Talah Market;
    -Markaz Monolith;
    -Kiasar Railroad;
    -Propaganda;
    -Lost Islands;
    -Nansha Strike;

Oh my god...you're so right!....miss BF3 :(
  • bfloo11111111111
    212 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Most games I get in are decided by less than 100 points, a few in under 10 points.

This will go right out the window once more scrubs migrate to the new maps from vanilla. I was having so much fun today before I joined a friend's game on non-premium servers. What I saw there scarred me for life.

At least we get a few more days to enjoy it.