Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Galicia needs deeper cover.

Jonny_ChaosMCR
564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Sorry but i've gave it a week to see if it get any better it's absolutely awful You can't hide anywhere. It's just snipe snipe snipe, it's awful. Worst map ever. Why make big potholes if you can see your head peeping over them all? Football field warfare. Great fun.

Comments

• montreal961
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Suez 2.0. Do we really need at least one sniper centric map with every DLC?
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It only annoys me because it looks really nice, and i want to play it and enjoy it but it's just awful.
  • Loqtrall
    7938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Spend less time running across open ground and start using the trenches and river bed. There's actually more cover than people are letting on.

Bingo
  • firechickenfan
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've been having a fairly good time on it so far. Spend less time running across open ground and start using the trenches and river bed. There's actually more cover than people are letting on.

What this gentleman said.

I've played this map multiple times. I can remember 1, ONE, and only 1 death from a sniper more than 20-30m away.
  • HardAimedKid
    9977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think it may actually be my favorite of the bunch.
  • Metal_Jockets
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    . Spend less time running across open ground and start using the trenches and river bed. .

Correct..but unfortunately or fortunately if you've sniped on that map you'll soon workout the choke points or go to areas of that map..it's like shooting fish in a barrel..

• MikeManiac61
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Mine too. One of the few times I love to snipe and rarely PTFO :p
  • HardAimedKid
    9977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Mine too. One of the few times I love to snipe and rarely PTFO :p

I always like a nice rifle in my hands. <3
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR

What this gentleman said.

I've played this map multiple times. I can remember 1, ONE, and only 1 death from a sniper more than 20-30m away.

Really? That's all i ever get. Dead. Camera pans over to a red dot an it's just some guy miles away with an SMLE. I can usually play in a style i enjoy on practically any map in the game but I can't enjoy sneaking around from flag to flag. I did give it a while before i made my mind up but yeah, i'm used to all the maps now, I just can't resonate with this one. I could have listed more earlier but i didn't wanna moan about maps i'm unfamiliar with just because i had a bad game but now i've learnt the maps i like them all, except Galicia, i still have yet to enjoy a match on it. I'll give it one more week and see if i can find a way to play it and enjoy it. I definitely think it would benefit from a bit more depth for cover though. Can't have everything i suppose.
  • Loqtrall
    7938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I rarely see deaths by snipers on that map, but that's mainly because I stick to the cover available and traverse the map while actually using my brain.

Most of my deaths on that map are by supports who are also taking advantage of the cover and are sitting on bipods waiting for people to hop into the river bed.
  • crabman169
    9694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Butter would be the only area of issue in this map;
    Gimme for the Russians and hard to A-H to take give how open and exposed it is.

Use the trenches and river bed; make use of the shell holes, windmills, log piles, trains, hills etc
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I rarely see deaths by snipers on that map, but that's mainly because I stick to the cover available and traverse the map while actually using my brain.

Most of my deaths on that map are by supports who are also taking advantage of the cover and are sitting on bipods waiting for people to hop into the river bed.

Maybe i just don't use my brain on that one specific map then haha.
  • Bossman1794
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

Use the trenches and river bed; make use of the shell holes, windmills, log piles, trains, hills etc

Widening its area a bit might be a benefit. At the moment you are indeed in a very very vulnerable spot in that river bed. It's very easy to peep just over the sides of the river bed and start shooting/nading inwards as there are precious few places to find cover.
  • boutneus
    1443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tsarin 64 as attackers gg. They really need to push the out of bounds area a bit back towards the defenders side. There's is absolutely no room to flank, that map is plain stupid on operations
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    crabman169 wrote: »

I do try but i feel even crouched you're still exposed. You have to be fully prone to not be seen. To be honest you're even more vulnerable half the time cos only your heads popping out. Easiest headshots ever.
  • ProAssassin2003
    1086 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love this Map. It's the most WW1 map in the game. Flat open ground with trenches.
  • von_Campenstein
    2323 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sorry but i've gave it a week to see if it get any better it's absolutely awful You can't hide anywhere. It's just snipe snipe snipe, it's awful. Worst map ever. Why make big potholes if you can see your head peeping over them all? Football field warfare. Great fun.

Yes but then DICE need to do vaulting better.
  • ProAssassin2003
    1086 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yes but then DICE need to do vaulting better.

This and standing on slanted hills and humps. Cannot believe how many times I've died sliding down a small hill sideways like I have skates on.
  • looie63
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 13
    To bad there's not some kind of grenade to create a temporary wall of cover that would allow you to cross open ground without being seen?
    That would be cool