MG14/17 recoil?!

McPlebster
125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Why doesn't MG14 get more accurate the more you shoot like the rest of the LMG's? The recoil bounces like **** if you shoot more than 1 second, and makes the gun impossible to use. Even worse if you get slightly suppressed.

The closest matches in terms of RPM

Automatico - Less recoil, better hipfire
Hellriegel - Less recoil, better hipfire
BAR - Less recoil, better hipfire

I think DICE needs to tweak the mg14's recoil.

Comments

• McPlebster
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It would be to op. It's already insane in cqb and on bipod it's accurate enough. Give it less recoil and there would be no need for any other gun

Automatico and Hellriegel are better in every single way. BAR is a much more versatile gun than MG14. Reducing the recoil on MG14 won't make it to OP. And I mean reducing it slightly, so it can perform like a gun not a pingpongball.
  • GRIZZ11283
    3020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 13
    It would be to op. It's already insane in cqb and on bipod it's accurate enough. Give it less recoil and there would be no need for any other gun

Pretty much what this guy said.

Use it right and it's already a beast ;)
    McPlebster wrote: »

Automatico and Hellriegel are better in every single way. BAR is a much more versatile gun than MG14. Reducing the recoil on MG14 won't make it to OP. And I mean reducing it slightly, so it can perform like a gun not a pingpongball.

This statement is virtually all wrong.
    Automatico is the only gun better at seriously close range.
    As for the those other guns being better in every single way, you try and shoot me at 100m+, id absolutely melt you lol.
  • McPlebster
    edited September 13
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

Yea I have 3 servicestars allready and I have come to the conclusion that BAR is a much better rifle, but since its new and fun and all I will use it for now. However I truly think MG14 needs less recoil.

Even automatico is more accurate if you don't put down the bipod and don't get suppressed.
  • GRIZZ11283
    3020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yea I have 3 servicestars allready and I have come to the conclusion that BAR is a much better rifle, but since its new and fun and all I will use it for now. However I truly think MG14 needs less recoil.

Even automatico is more accurate if you don't put down the bipod and don't get suppressed.

I edited my post above to comment on your previous statement :)
  • Parasiten79
    526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yes the Bar is a lot more versatile and overall a better gun. That just doesn't make the parabellum useless. It ha super low time to kill over a long range which makes it a beast if you play it right. It's not like the bar which with you can dominate pretty much at any distance. Parabellum is hard to controll but I also is extremely rewarding when used as supposed to.
  • McPlebster
    edited September 13

Yes the Bar is a lot more versatile and overall a better gun. That just doesn't make the parabellum useless. It ha super low time to kill over a long range which makes it a beast if you play it right. It's not like the bar which with you can dominate pretty much at any distance. Parabellum is hard to controll but I also is extremely rewarding when used as supposed to.

As long as you are not suppressed and put the bipod down you can be accurate, but I still think the recoil is to excessive for the performance of the gun. I have fought many cqc fights where I aim at the opponents, but the aim bounces all around leaving me dead and the opponent alive.

According to Symthic bf1 stats, the difference in TTK between BAR and MG14 is unsignificant even at CQC.

However the side to side recoil of these 2 weapons are extremely different where, BAR have 0,2 and MG14 have 0,8.
  • CS-2107
    568 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

On the other hand I think the Parabellum is the only gun where bullets per mag are a really big advantage. For the Perino for example it doesn't matter if it has 60 or 120 or 1200 bullets per mag/box, it is just too weak and gets melted before you have fired 4 shots. The parabellum can easily take out groups of enemies without having to reload. That makes it equally good to the BAR i think, even if the Bar has significantly less recoil
  • HardAimedKid
    10234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Burst fire, use hipfire in cqc, use bipod at medium to long range.
  • Zooboid
    589 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Give it a month and the "Mg 14 OP - Dice plz nerf" cancer will spread. At least they will make a change to the Hellriegel ones.
  • aseveredfoot
    1948 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Even with all that recoil I still just use the suppressive MG14 and it wrecks fine.

I set the optic to 2.0X and use the post sight and just try to control it side to side, keeping the post centred on target. It has much higher horizontal recoil than vertical so controlling that is the important part.
  • Danz_RS
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 13
    Can't handle the recoil? I just wish guns had 3x the current vertical and horizontal recoil, that would separate more lazy people from the ones who actually spend time learning how a gun works.

We barely have any recoil in BF1 anymore. It has been decreasing since BF3, no need to make the game even more casual. Remember when guns kicked on a diagonal way, making it even harder and skillful to use?

Remember the SCAR-H with a heavy barrel in BF3? Or the M240B? Or the G3A3 with a 8x scope? Or the FAMAS? Everything kicked a lot more than anything from BF4 or BF1. So, get your s* togheter, man.
  • AK-Bear-12
    435 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Always made me laugh seeing people complaining about recoil in a game that barely have any recoil. BF1 players are too lazy to Git Gud it seems
  • GRIZZ11283
    AK-Bear-12 wrote: »
    Always made me laugh seeing people complaining about recoil in a game that barely have any recoil. BF1 players are too lazy to Git Gud it seems

Do you play on console?
  • AK-Bear-12
    435 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Do you play on console?

I play on console, soon moving to PC
  • bran1986
    2842 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Bf4 had barely any recoil as well.
  • GRIZZ11283

Do you play on console?

I play on console, soon moving to PC

Have you used the MG14, there is no controlling that recoil, it very much does exist on that gun :)
  • TheGM86
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Play Battlefield Hardline and become immune to recoil.
  • AK-Bear-12
    I've used the MG14 alot since I've unlocked it, recoil only gets hard to manage when suppressed, I just unlock the Unbreakable perk so it shouldn't be an issue anymore
  • GRIZZ11283
    I've used the MG14 alot since I've unlocked it, recoil only gets hard to manage when suppressed, I just unlock the Unbreakable perk so it shouldn't be an issue anymore

Yes I'm working for that perk, its the only one that interests me.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!