Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Why the rush to reduce TTK?

1235»

Comments

• HardAimedKid
    9865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Im going to have to test this out, but I'm going to cash in my preemptive freakout ticket for the week.

They're considering nerfing strafing speed? What the hell. The game is 1 year old, stop messing with basic mechanics that work fine.
    I have never heard a SINGLE console player complain about ADAD spam, to the point that we use a PC specific euphemism to exclusively describe this mechanic.

Give the PC whiners their nerfed speed but for the love of all that is holy and just in this world please dont touch console movement.

I agree
  • GTA_Kid386
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    No one is saying to Nerf the parabellum at close range, it needs a Nerf at mid-range as it is currently "balanced" in the cte. As it is now, it is an automatico with range and a faster ttk.

I'm pre-empting. Some whiner and a few of his friends are going to cry so loud that it actually does get nerfed. Several other weapons in this game have been nerfed to heck because of whiners. If it happened to those weapons, it will happen to the Parabellum. I know it will.
  • Rev0verDrive
    5764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Im going to have to test this out, but I'm going to cash in my preemptive freakout ticket for the week.

They're considering nerfing strafing speed? What the hell. The game is 1 year old, stop messing with basic mechanics that work fine.
    I have never heard a SINGLE console player complain about ADAD spam, to the point that we use a PC specific euphemism to exclusively describe this mechanic.

Give the PC whiners their nerfed speed but for the love of all that is holy and just in this world please dont touch console movement.

From what I recall is what in fact brought up by console players to begin with in a discussion on hitbox glitches.
    I played a few games on the updated CTE and really enjoyed the change. My fave Lewis was winning a few 2v1s, getting 5 shot kills at range and taking a lot more concentration to hold on target from further out. It felt like using a machine gun finally.

The medic rifles have huge range now, I was able to reliably compete with scouts from about 200m or so so that was a nice change, I really like how medic slrs handle, but I was always a mid-longer range player.

I really don't think it's the doomsday a lot of people are saying it is. I honestly felt like just a touch more damage might be nice for the weapons, but overall the game felt higher energy and like players had more power to work with.

Wait @aseveredfoot did they move it to console??

They added it to the console CTE a few days ago (along with the movement changes)

Damn it I didn't know that. Wait what movement changes did they do?

They significantly nerfed strafing. Acceleration has been nerfed significantly so to get moving is much slower and sluggish. For instance the speed you could get moving left or right in retail in 100ms (2.9 m/s) now takes around 320ms.

To reach the maximum strafe speed (3.4 m/s) in retail takes around 300ms-310ms while in CTE it currently takes about 775ms-785ms

Hm, I don't like that portion of the update already. Lol

That's still under 2 blinks of an eye. Quite literally I might add.

It is significantly slower than retail, especially compared with the lower TTK. Low acceleration basically makes strafing not viable whatsoever (since strafing relies on going back and forth in quick succession which is not possible with a slow acceleration time. With the new CTE TTK even a slow firing SMG like the MP18 would be able to kill you right around when you achieve 2.9m/s

Last time I checked this was Battlefield. Not Quake, UT, Overwatch, nor CoD.
  • defcon_hostile
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

This ^. I really mean, THIS ^
  • SmileAsTheyDie
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I played a few games on the updated CTE and really enjoyed the change. My fave Lewis was winning a few 2v1s, getting 5 shot kills at range and taking a lot more concentration to hold on target from further out. It felt like using a machine gun finally.

The medic rifles have huge range now, I was able to reliably compete with scouts from about 200m or so so that was a nice change, I really like how medic slrs handle, but I was always a mid-longer range player.

I really don't think it's the doomsday a lot of people are saying it is. I honestly felt like just a touch more damage might be nice for the weapons, but overall the game felt higher energy and like players had more power to work with.

They added it to the console CTE a few days ago (along with the movement changes)

Damn it I didn't know that. Wait what movement changes did they do?

They significantly nerfed strafing. Acceleration has been nerfed significantly so to get moving is much slower and sluggish. For instance the speed you could get moving left or right in retail in 100ms (2.9 m/s) now takes around 320ms.

To reach the maximum strafe speed (3.4 m/s) in retail takes around 300ms-310ms while in CTE it currently takes about 775ms-785ms

Hm, I don't like that portion of the update already. Lol

That's still under 2 blinks of an eye. Quite literally I might add.

It is significantly slower than retail, especially compared with the lower TTK. Low acceleration basically makes strafing not viable whatsoever (since strafing relies on going back and forth in quick succession which is not possible with a slow acceleration time. With the new CTE TTK even a slow firing SMG like the MP18 would be able to kill you right around when you achieve 2.9m/s

Last time I checked this was Battlefield. Not Quake, UT, Overwatch, nor CoD.[/quote]

Yes this is battlefield and we have had good strafing speed for nearly a year now. Now we are going to break that and make movement ****? The strafing speed is nowhere on the level of games like quake or UT
  • SmileAsTheyDie
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

No dont nerf speed on any platform. Its unnecessary and from my experience testing it out on the CTE it feels like ****
  • woll3
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

This ^. I really mean, THIS ^

I didnt ask for this though, to me its just a similar situation to BF2, movement getting nerfed until everyone is happy except good players, not to mention that instead of fixing ADAD "spam" DICE simply turned down acceleration completely instead of momentum change, which just seems lazy.

• defcon_hostile
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    woll3 wrote: »

I didnt ask for this though, to me its just a similar situation to BF2, movement getting nerfed until everyone is happy except good players, not to mention that instead of fixing ADAD "spam" DICE simply turned down acceleration completely instead of momentum change, which just seems lazy.

It is lazy. Search the pages on these forums & nobody has ever mentioned "Strafing speed on console".

Yet there are thousands of mentions of "Fix the spawns"; have raised it myself umpteen times, as therein lies the game's fundamental flaw, & nothing has ever been done.

That, is pure laziness. Realise we are digressing, but nerfing strafe speed whilst reducing TTK go hand in hand with each other, & will result in even more crappy deaths & subsequent crappy spawns.

The only people mentioning "ADAD spam" are obviously PC players; on console we don't have keys for goodness sakes, how could it even be a thing?

Unless of course, plans are afoot to introduce a "Stalker" style perk with a bunch of dumb challenge requirements, in which case EA need to stop copying Activision & vice versa.
  • aseveredfoot
    1770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yes. I wasn't completely sure so I got a Lewis gun and took a single shot at a guy from about 150 and got a 20 hitmarker, plus all the other changes were really noticeable.
  • herodes87
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Special with that die around a Corner stuff. They should fix Bugs and issues first. But they are afraid of CoD Ww2 and that players leave. So they have to buff Spray N Pray guns. Special Hellriegel, everyone wants a Nerf but they buff it. The future of BF looks bad if thats the way they want to go.

Why you need to kill with a Lmg after 5 rounds you have 100 rounds in the mag. Really i have no Problem to get kills with them. Special because you have no bullet Spray. You can Spray N Pray and always Hit. Special with the bipod they become laser guns.
  • xBigOrangeHeadx
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I tried the TTK changes on PS4 CTE at the weekend and thought it was fine. Played as medic on Argonne using the AL8.35 Marksman and I could really feel the improvements on that gun. 0-12 metres was just as it always is with that gun, you win some you lose some. 12-35 metres was no different because of course there is no change at all to TTK at that range. And greater than 35 metres I was able to be much more effective because I can hit my shots faster.

The only thing I came away wanting changed is the stupid knee sliding which is being abused like never before. In CQC that was much more of an issue than the lower TTK.
  • defcon_hostile
    @xBigOrangeHeadx Ihave my controller set to alternate/tactical can't remember name "drop shot" setting, don't seem to be able to knee slide like that? (Don't get me wrong, I want to hit the deck, not wizz along on me trousers).
  • Masqerader
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You know a game is bad when you can predict spawns, and camp for easy kills. Aimens is the worst map for it
  • Aeshettr
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @xBigOrangeHeadx Ihave my controller set to alternate/tactical can't remember name "drop shot" setting, don't seem to be able to knee slide like that? (Don't get me wrong, I want to hit the deck, not wizz along on me trousers).

Sliding around is far more prevalent on console than PC, due to the controller mapping. I'd go as far to say that sliding around whilst changing movement direction is the bigger issue here compared to ADAD spam, which is nonexistent on console.
  • bapman63
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I agree

This is what I say! The game is 11 months old and their creating a diffrent feeling game. If they were going to do it, it should have been done 11 months ago. Nearly a year later is not the time to start experimenting.
  • astraussdc
    243 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Special with that die around a Corner stuff. They should fix Bugs and issues first. But they are afraid of CoD Ww2 and that players leave. So they have to buff Spray N Pray guns. Special Hellriegel, everyone wants a Nerf but they buff it. The future of BF looks bad if thats the way they want to go.

Why you need to kill with a Lmg after 5 rounds you have 100 rounds in the mag. Really i have no Problem to get kills with them. Special because you have no bullet Spray. You can Spray N Pray and always Hit. Special with the bipod they become laser guns.

It is hard to shake the feeling there's some CoD intimidation involved in this change which is not a great look for Battlefield. Possibly they're chasing that elusive competitive multiplayer success too. They seem very very concerned with how much the game is featured in Youtube videos and the like. Just look at how much attention they've lavished on the 'pro gamers' who do play it somewhat regularly (I know several of their names because of DICE and don't even watch them), yet I wonder if there's any actual data proving such exposure improves sales to any appreciable degree. Haven't played the CTE yet myself to check it out as the recent unlocking binge has me a bit fatigued with the game. Maybe it's a non-issue, but I still can't help thinking they're fixing something that wasn't really broken (while actual bugs remain).

Also, yeah, people jumping around and sliding everywhere while spraying their Hellriegals and Automaticos has become hilariously common on console. It mostly seems to make no difference to their results, although I have seen a few people get crazy high K/Ds playing that way. Some people just don't seem to know how to deal with bunny hopping sliders. Maybe DICE can increase the slide distance and add in wall running after the TTK change, chase those Titanfall 2 players next, haha

• aseveredfoot
    1770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bapman63 wrote: »

I agree

This is what I say! The game is 11 months old and their creating a diffrent feeling game. If they were going to do it, it should have been done 11 months ago. Nearly a year later is not the time to start experimenting.

It's really barely noticeable. Like I said earlier I had to actually test to see if the update applied to console CTE. And the parts you do notice feel better. Medic rifles feel how they should now, scouts have to fear medics since they compete at range, and you can actually survive multis with support now. I loved the update honestly, and it doesn't even feel that different to me.
  • RichAC
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 13
    I haven't noticed much diff of anything except calvary is even harder to use now for some reason lol. Sword kills from horseback are broken for you guys too? I can't kill anything anymore.

Medics are rarely used so if they improved them? thats a good thing.

Shotguns still owning the crap out of my support, so I don't really feel anythign different.
  • xBigOrangeHeadx
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I really don't think the age of the game is relevant. BF4 received a huge balance update late in its lifecycle that made low ROF weapons much more relevant and it worked very well. This change brings the TTK inline with that.

It bears repetition: between 12 - 35 metres there is no change!