Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Lag / Server performance issues since "Lupkow Pass" update

Comments

• Lahoo_Eckbert
    695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    LumoColor wrote: »
    Latest from EAhelp is it that they are hoping it will fix it's self or just go away (probably by all the players quitting so no one is on server = no performance problem) and that the developers are working to get it resolved, rather mixed messages.

@EAHelp #bf1 Server lag since In the Name of the Tsar Update/ What's the story? https://t.co/pTHYEJT0o7
    2 h ago

Replying To: @ColorLumo
    Hello there. Are you still experiencing this? -Winston
    10 h ago

@EAHelp Yes, what did you think I was tweeting you to ask if its been fixed for a laugh?
    2 h ago

(EAHelp don't get the "hint" of sarcasm in my reply....)

Replying To: @ColorLumo
    Lumo no need to respond in that manor. I'm just trying to gather info...sometimes issues will correct themselves so that's why I asked. I also see that you've already seen the post that's here http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/INFO-REQUEST-Lags-since-In-the-Name-of-the-Tsar-Update/td-p/6249675/page/21# so you know its a known issue at the moment. The developers are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible. -Winston
    1 h ago

Well.. this is depressing.

Pretty sure we are stuck with this issue for a while.
  • LumoColor
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Very, I really got the impression that the official response is "Eff Off we will fix it when we are ready to fix it, now shut up and go away we have your money now and we don't care the game is unplayable".
  • ZA_Chamber
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I play both on European & South African servers and the lag is the same.

Issues exactly described as per the OP. And it happens at roughly the same time as anyone. While my ping to European servers is high (190ms), it never really increases, but the game becomes almost impossible to play at worst, and crappy at best.

Wonder what next is going to get broken!
  • G-Gnu
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Very, I really got the impression that the official response is "Eff Off we will fix it when we are ready to fix it, now shut up and go away we have your money now and we don't care the game is unplayable".

Pretty much this.
    Game is broken in so many places already. and add this .....expiration date is getting closer.
  • petoketju
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Expressions like "they don't care", "DICE doesn't care", or "EA doesn't care" get thrown a lot in the discussions. I understand that using those expressions stems largely from frustration towards issues in the game.
    What I don't understand , in the logic of people using the expressions, is that developers have spent years of their time, creativity, money, etc. creating the game(s), and all of a sudden "they don't care". Seriously?

I certainly agree that some things should be acknowledged, and fixed faster. I think this lag (the server kind) problem is one those. It is presumably affecting (nearly) everyone playing on EU servers. And has been doing so now for several weeks. However these games are massive, resources are not limitless, things take time, and there are tons of things going on under the hood, and behind the scenes, which we don't see - or hear about. Which actually is kind of a problem in itself. People pick up bits and pieces of information here and there, trying to get the full picture of what's going on. Somewhere it says "we're working on it", elsewhere someone speculates that some issues will correct themselves. Which one to trust?

I believe a lot of the frustration, and anger in the community could be reduced by having better communication from the publisher, and the developers.
    How could it be better? Here are couple of things which I think could be fixed pretty easily:
    • Information location & frequency: We get new information at seemingly random times, in random places. Information gets spread all over the web on different services, including forums, and social media platforms
    • Transparency: Maybe we don't need to know everything, but gamers tend to be pretty knowledgeable, and often speaking in abstracts just doesn't cut it. At least some concrete info on what is actually broken, and what is done about it would go a long way

Phew, that was quite a bit of ranting. Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I can only wait, and hope for the fixes for the lag to deploy soon ;)
  • Axlerod1
    966 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Don't you guys like this better player experience?
  • LumoColor
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 13
    The response came from EA Help, the don't care is specific to them, if you have every had any dealings then you would understand how frustrating they are with the automated responses and its your problem manner. I know Dice care about the game, as soon as they got wind of the issue they had QA guy looking at it and saying what was happening. They are the developer. The publisher that we pay the money to has the mechanism and means to communicate the issue effectively and efficiently, plus they have resources to mitigate the issue. This is not happening hence the frustration of many BF1 players. We live in an information age, it takes 2 seconds to spam tweets about the good things or the latest fafa2096, but 2 weeks to acknowledge an issue everyone knows about from the information that is available.

If there is a performance issue, why not throw more powerful servers at it to ease the issue whilst Dice work on a proper fix? That would be caring++

Add into the situation I now suspect the servers are crashing when under extreme lag, just happened to us for 2nd time in 2 days, very laggy server, all of a sudden all player's kicked off server, 4 of my platoon just been crashed out of game.
  • ro7hbard
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have been experiencing this same rubber banding lag since the last update, sometimes worse than others. Had to exit a few times as unplayable.
  • G-Gnu
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    petoketju wrote: »
    Expressions like "they don't care", "DICE doesn't care", or "EA doesn't care" get thrown a lot in the discussions. I understand that using those expressions stems largely from frustration towards issues in the game.
    What I don't understand , in the logic of people using the expressions, is that developers have spent years of their time, creativity, money, etc. creating the game(s), and all of a sudden "they don't care". Seriously?

I certainly agree that some things should be acknowledged, and fixed faster. I think this lag (the server kind) problem is one those. It is presumably affecting (nearly) everyone playing on EU servers. And has been doing so now for several weeks. However these games are massive, resources are not limitless, things take time, and there are tons of things going on under the hood, and behind the scenes, which we don't see - or hear about. Which actually is kind of a problem in itself. People pick up bits and pieces of information here and there, trying to get the full picture of what's going on. Somewhere it says "we're working on it", elsewhere someone speculates that some issues will correct themselves. Which one to trust?

I believe a lot of the frustration, and anger in the community could be reduced by having better communication from the publisher, and the developers.
    How could it be better? Here are couple of things which I think could be fixed pretty easily:
    • Information location & frequency: We get new information at seemingly random times, in random places. Information gets spread all over the web on different services, including forums, and social media platforms
    • Transparency: Maybe we don't need to know everything, but gamers tend to be pretty knowledgeable, and often speaking in abstracts just doesn't cut it. At least some concrete info on what is actually broken, and what is done about it would go a long way

Phew, that was quite a bit of ranting. Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I can only wait, and hope for the fixes for the lag to deploy soon ;)

Easy, they are really bad on informing their player base what is up and if they DO that it´s in other channels then on their Official Forum.
    I think Reddit is a really bad place to be dropping information and i do not use Twitter at all (It´s an overrated crap service).
    And they spend money that the player base bought their former iterations in franchise to develop this game.
    Fixing all the issues now is only a cost for the company and less earnings for EA.
    Fair enough there is certainly ppl @ Dice that really cares about what happens to this game, but do they have any say on how much time they and other can spend on fixing issues, because time is money you know.
    And this particular issue with wonky and tired servers might be a big problem, if the game since the new DLC is craving more power from the server hardware then i might be that is will cost more money and surely will be decision from EA what to do about it.
    Only time will tell though.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Add into the situation I now suspect the servers are crashing when under extreme lag, just happened to us for 2nd time in 2 days, very laggy server, all of a sudden all player's kicked off server, 4 of my platoon just been crashed out of game.

I concur. In the previous ten months I've had exactly one disconnect, whilst in the last week there has been three. All on completely lagged out servers. Seem to be crashes, since when they reappear in the server browser they are practically empty. At this point I now quit a match upon finishing a more laborious challenge so as to not risk loosing the progress. Depressing to resign to such precautions.

• petoketju
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The response came from EA Help
    Yeah, I was referring to them with "someone speculates that some issues will correct themselves", not you. Sorry about being unclear on that part.

Also the post was not directed specifically towards any single member of the community, but rather an general observation of what seems to be going on.
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Fixing all the issues now is only a cost for the company and less earnings for EA.

The (PC) gamer community in general seems to be against of going the other way about it. Which is paying for games per use, instead of single purchase.
    I can see some positives to having the publisher, or developer dependent on continuous income from the player base, but it's not without downsides.
  • LumoColor
    petoketju wrote: »
    The (PC) gamer community in general seems to be against of going the other way about it. Which is paying for games per use, instead of single purchase.
    This is where they did not do the sum's correctly when restricting who provides servers and the ongoing cost of running this will burn EA cash and make the game a financial liability in the long term. There was always a place in the market for high quality servers, now a server is a server with no specifics as to higher spec to make the experience more enjoyable or choice of providers if one is not performing for any reason. I have no issues with paying into a community to finance a high quality server and historically we always had the option if the provided servers were not up to par. This had 2 benefits, 0 cost to ea, created communities that kept the game alive longer.

On the software side now you pay premium to be a beta tester and have all the issues. Model is messed up. If I pay more I expect better service.
  • Helliii
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Been a BF veteran, started with BF2, BF Bad Company/Vietnam, BF3, BF4 and now BF1. EA just ruined the series for me. my reason is below.

I had EA access for BF1, started a month before this update came, was getting better with playing and then they drop this update. Frame rates diped to uplayable , before it ran smooth and started getting lag on all the servers. Can see all server performance icons.

Never coming back. Bye.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Helliii wrote: »
    Been a BF veteran, started with BF2, BF Bad Company/Vietnam, BF3, BF4 and now BF1. EA just ruined the series for me. my reason is below.

I had EA access for BF1, started a month before this update came, was getting better with playing and then they drop this update. Frame rates diped to uplayable , before it ran smooth and started getting lag on all the servers. Can see all server performance icons.

Never coming back. Bye.

The sad thing is, while I feel like this, I always come back because there is no other alternative. If there was another FPS game on BF calibre, then I surely would have quit playing long time ago.

• ELIES-EH
    92 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My first and last game from EA. and they asked why people crack games.
    EA took our 130$ and they don't care. I will be sure to not forget
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    ELIES-EH wrote: »
    My first and last game from EA. and they asked why people crack games.
    EA took our 130$ and they don't care. I will be sure to not forget

Not my first but definitely the last.
  • FPSgamer69
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 13

they spent our money. It is not just like they programm for fun and think..wel lets share it and make others happy.
    It is a company and it is very bad at communicating.

They are lucky there is no warranty on software like there is on other goods. 2 years in Europe, they would be bankrupt.

As a user you slowly feel helpless with EA.
  • Don-Legendx
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hope this issue will be solved soon, the game is unplayable.
  • Denisa_Rowen
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Hmmm, how can they mark the thread as "issue resolved"?
    It isn't fixed at all, it is getting progressively worse
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    They are trying to sweep it under the rug. Thats what it is.