Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

So, a possibility of making all DLC free?

StardustSpeedway
96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
edited September 13
At the moment on PSN, the season pass for star wars battlefront is free for everyone in addition to the game being on sale for $5. Season pass gets you all the DLC and with the game being on sale, I am sure a lot of people will buy it and redeem the free season pass. Now, I know EA/Visceral have given away all the DLC for free before, but not the same way they're doing with Battlefront by giving you everything right from the get go.

I honestly never thought EA would so something like that, but I'm glad they did. Now, can we get a similar treatment for BFH? I know the support for this game is dead at this point, but if they can make the base game again for $5 and include premium for free during a sale, it would do wonders for this game.

Please consider, EA/Visceral.

Comments

• Sonic5745
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Though that would be nice, I doubt EA/Visceral will do anything about it. I've kind of given up hope for the DLCs to be played again.

Unless it's Betrayal CQL, which people seem to love and is the only full or near-full DLC server that I see running every now and then. It seems like nobody cares for the other DLCs or modes. :/

But if this sale does go through with Hardline as well, then great. Hopefully people will notice too.
  • saktormichal
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    you're asking EA! to give something for free? hahaha that will never happen! never!
    all they care is profit without loosing or spending or even care anymore
  • StardustSpeedway
    EA is giving away the season pass to battlefront to everyone when the game is on sale for $5. So yeah, they're giving away something for free.
  • saktormichal
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    when it has NO value and no one is playing it
  • StardustSpeedway
    Currently online players

PC: 5,004 (24h peak: 6,556)

XBOXONE: 18,681 (24h peak: 19,974)

PS4: 19,479 (24h peak: 23,930)

Total: 43,164

Yeah, 'no one is playing it'. PLEASE.

It has plenty of value. It's all the DLC maps for FREE.

If a $5 sale + free premium is done for BFH, it'll increase the daily players, which is what this game needs.
  • DrVeloxcity
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    At this point, I feel the only way for the dlcs to get played again is for Visceral/EA/DICE to include the dlc maps in the normal rotation.
  • Sonic5745
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If a $5 sale + free premium is done for BFH, it'll increase the daily players, which is what this game needs.
    At this point, I feel the only way for the dlcs to get played again is for Visceral/EA/DICE to include the dlc maps in the normal rotation.
    Both of these would really help the game and its playerbase.

There is no reason whatsoever that people still need to pay for content that they can't even use. It simply isn't acceptable.
  • ShevermiN
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The DLC's were given away free twice since the launch of Hardline.....

What would be great if Hardline was ported over to the new RSP like BF1 and you could setup a server for free like you can do with Battlefront.
  • UglyNoah
    1034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hardline still is active though without that deal happening. SBF probably had less people online