Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Server Performance Since September DLC

Comments

• Teh_Next
    1075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yup, no official word but tonight was witness-ably smoother.
    I may have just gotten lucky but three random quick play servers in a row and they all performed well enough to play as normal.
  • LumoColor
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Still lagging playing on "Operation Large - Revolution (quite aptly named as we going round in circles) - EU - #396890" and its lagging bad.
  • G-Gnu
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 12
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    Yup, no official word but tonight was witness-ably smoother.
    I may have just gotten lucky but three random quick play servers in a row and they all performed well enough to play as normal.

It still lags as it would be a feature in the game, this is not what a AAA game should behave, it´s an joke made of a company that only thinks of $$.
  • von_Campenstein
    2248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I get motion sick playing and I never get motion sick! Unplayable.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just finished grinding tank kills on Tsarytsin servers. Most were just as bad as before, but what really got me down was that once I had gotten the last destroy and a few kills with the Maxim, the server crashed and my progress was reset. So off to another laggy server to get the last one again. I'm usually pretty easygoing and tolerant of discomfort, but this really sucked.
  • -UE-DarthDiaxis
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just finished a round of the Russian DLC and today seemed a little bit smoother, but I also could be lucky. Hit registration seemed to be on point. Wondering if DICE made a patch or something. Do they know that the hit registration is an issue at the moment?
  • grrlpurple
    415 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The servers for PS4 Europe region are in a dire state. Frequently getting slow down and sound distortion with terrible hit registration. Some games are completely unplayable.
  • strombergs04
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Playing on XBox and the lag is real. A lot of stuttering, people disappear and transport from left to right and so on.
  • RayD_O1
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just finished playing on PC, absolute garbage hit detection and lag, unplayable. Needs fixed asap.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree. I had a couple of matches yesterday. A lot of WTF? moments.
  • LumoColor
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A lot of WTF? moments.
    Like these #OnlyInBattlefield moments, where the kills are logged many moments after the event

• kill_yor_idols
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Preface by saying I'm in a wired PC connection.

I don't know if it's my router, or my pc, or the game. Every 5 mins or so, my game lags, then everyone is frozen except me. The players are just stuck in place, running in their animations and whatnot. Then I hear that my internet dropped sound, and boom , it says I got disconnected; then sent to the menus.

The internet comes back up, and all is well. Until another 5 or so minutes into the match. And it repeats the disconnection process again. I have noticed this happens every patch and tends to smooth out somewhat, or at least on my end, but this time is different.

I'm finding it difficult to love this game anymore, when these problems occur.
  • Teh_Next
    1075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 13

I don't know if it's my router, or my pc, or the game. Every 5 mins or so, my game lags, then everyone is frozen except me. The players are just stuck in place, running in their animations and whatnot. Then I hear that my internet dropped sound, and boom , it says I got disconnected; then sent to the menus.

The internet comes back up, and all is well. Until another 5 or so minutes into the match. And it repeats the disconnection process again. I have noticed this happens every patch and tends to smooth out somewhat, or at least on my end, but this time is different.

Do you have disco with other titles or just bf1?
    I get the terrible lag, rubber banding, hit reg etc but never had a disco.
    TBH I'd not worry too much if its only this game it happens with. See how it goes when or IF this current problem is fixed.
  • astraussdc
    243 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PS4 for here and I've had so many hit detection and rubber banding issues since the DLC it's been a bit rough to take, especially since I often have to migrate over to the Euro servers (US myself) to play with my squad mates. Honestly thought it might be my own internet, but besides a few weekend hiccups most things are running fine for me, including other games. On Battlefield tho I'm actually starting to get used to the sight of people stuttering and warping. Try hitting people with the ****-even-at-the-best-of-times cavalry lance while this is happening for bonus fun!
  • NoobikCZE
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

So if you say that "internet comes back up", do you mean like whole router rebooted itself while you played? To me it seems like your firewall is blocking BF1 traffic until it can't handle it anymore. You might try to open TCP and UDP ports for BF1
  • Teh_Next
    I must have been real lucky last night because today is just as horrendous as the past week has been.
  • Temp1st
    2083 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Anyone remember this quote?

"Since the servers come from the same provider, it will give everyone the same uniform experience. "

Let me fix this:

"Since the servers come from the same bottom of the barrel provider with terrible infrastructure, It will ensure that EA makes all the money off of server rentals by cutting out 3rd party hosts, While severely limiting what the sever owners can do."

Gee whiz i sure don't miss 3rd party sever's when company servers are choking hard.
  • bran1986
    2626 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yesterday was the worst and is really starting to kill my interest to play bf1. I would shoot someone and get zero hit markers, only to see the damage count 10 seconds later. Rubberbanding is insane, getting revived and ending up on the other side of the map somehow. The syringe doesn't work a lot of times and I need to poke them sometimes 3 or 4 times to get the revive. Just frustrating beyond belief.
  • Dogwoggle11
    1263 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It has already killed mine.

I actually play ME: Andromeda multiplayer a lot more than BF1 now. Lol.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I now pretty much stay away from Conquest unless some challenge requires it. But the whole experience sucks big time.