Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Smoke grenades

marzmadness
122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
People please start using smokes to move up on a position throw them where the front lines of the enemy such a game changer in operations so please I want to see more of this lol

Comments

• superteds
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    smoke grenades are so under valued - my medic rush kit is a rifle, rifle smokes and syringe and it works wonders. it's probably sadly indicative of current player attitude that if people don't get a reward for doing something they won't use it - smoke nades really make arming/capping so much easier.
  • KommissarKronic
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I always equip smoke on Rush. It really helps both arming and defusing bombs.
  • Rev0verDrive
    5764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    smoke keeps the wookies at bay. Sooooo many eyes could be dried of scout hate saltiness if they used more of the tools provided and a bit of common sense.
  • crimsonkni_cano
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We all could have a BIG smoke party
  • Gforce81
    1942 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We all could have a BIG smoke party

I'll get some....supplies...
  • G-Gnu
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Smoke should help you and your team to be unspotted right ???
    in that case it seems to be broken from time to time, but i guess that would not be nothing new under the sky if it where to be bugged.
  • crimsonkni_cano
    We need more fog or mist on each map. Or some very heavy rain.
  • bapman63
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The problem with smoke is, it's indiscriminate, it will blind team mates as well as the enemy. I'm constantly screaming why the (eff) did you pop smoke when in a fire fight.
  • Rev0verDrive
    5764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bapman63 wrote:
    why the (eff) did you pop smoke when in a fire fight.

Because we are getting shot at by 4 shooters and there's a tank rounding the corner.
  • Gforce81
    1942 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bapman63 wrote: »
    The problem with smoke is, it's indiscriminate, it will blind team mates as well as the enemy. I'm constantly screaming why the (eff) did you pop smoke when in a fire fight.

See, I don't get this line of thinking. I always run Smoke as Medic, and some testy squadmates have gotten on my case for popping the smoke to heal/revive them

My thoughts: Um HELLO, can you not see we're getting destroyed in this firefight, guys going down left and right, we need smoke to rez and relocate where we have a better position.
  • Aeshettr
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Brace yourself for more of it in the coming weeks. Concealed Rescue is a pretty good perk for medics who love to revive, as it drops smoke on a friendly's dead body every 40 seconds.

• ronybaloney
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've always found smoke to be nothing but annoying.

I bet most people just use it to skedaddle when they are being out-gunned. It just blinds everybody else. I usually just hit the dirt when smoke is popped and wait for it to clear. What the hell am I supposed to do when I am freaking blind?
  • Rev0verDrive
    I use it to move up to defended flags....say B flag Tsaritsyn. Or to break out of a spawn trap.
  • bapman63
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

See, I don't get this line of thinking. I always run Smoke as Medic, and some testy squadmates have gotten on my case for popping the smoke to heal/revive them

My thoughts: Um HELLO, can you not see we're getting destroyed in this firefight, guys going down left and right, we need smoke to rez and relocate where we have a better position.

You might think we're getting destroyed but your team mates might not, so you ge to make the choice for everybody?
    Look, you get to play the game the way you want and I understand nothing I say is going to change your mind. Smoke is a tool dice put in a game for a reason but I think alot of the time it's used indiscriminately, run into a biilding, someone pops smoke, a lone enemy is shooting and someone pops smoke and even when the enemy is attacking in force before anyone can determine the situation, someone pops smoke. Most of the time it's a panic reaction and I wind up respawning.
  • BobsAndVegane
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The only reason I don't use them is because of my experiences with teammates who drop smoke in front of me as I'm shooting at an enemy. I don't want to be that guy.
  • Contra87
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't use smoke for the same reason I don't use gas: When I throw a grenades, it should go kaboom. Not sound like s sleeping dog's fart.
  • marzmadness
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Guys throw smoke on the frontlines of the enemy! Unless your healing of course

• KommissarKronic
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wish the gas mask protected a little more from being blinded by smoke. That way you could smoke a building and still run in a tear it up. I think the disadvantages of the mask would still balance it
  • MrOnlineToughGuy
    671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Attacking on Operations definitely needs more smoke throwers; makes me want to beat my head against a wall when people repeatedly die trying to run up or down a hill at entrenched defenders.
  • crimsonkni_cano
    I tried the smoke today for about 3 games, all I can say is that you need more than 1 player per game using smoke.

The smoke is only good if someone is behind you, trying to kill you,.