Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Getting a death when trying to spawn in a plane.

valeri0706
170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I've noticed that a few times now, in the beginning of a game, I am trying to be the first to spawn into a plane. After several seconds of waiting, the plane gets no longer available (I'm still at the spawn screen), but out of nowhere I get 0/1 (the 1 being a death coming from nowhere).

Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Prep768
    1984 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Trokey66 seems to be our expert on this
  • Darkwulf32
    121 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Same here. In general it appears to be loading lag during the first spawn. It's become more noticeable since the last update.
  • Masqerader
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 13
    Common occurence when multiple ppl try to spawn, best advice. Pull the stick back, so you dont crash
  • boutneus
    1426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You crashed your plane the previous game end of round. Welcome to free deaths
  • iano1978
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    boutneus wrote: »

No, it's a start of round issue when multiple players are trying to spawn.
    You are technically in the plane but only seeing the spawn screen, so plane just crashes and you die.
    Happens to me mostly on Sinai.

Cavalry class is still very bugged as well when spawning at start of a round as wrong class - pilot, tanker etc.
  • DaMutha1
    630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes, always a fun way to start a round.
  • valeri0706
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    iano1978 wrote: »
    boutneus wrote: »

No, it's a start of round issue when multiple players are trying to spawn.
    You are technically in the plane but only seeing the spawn screen, so plane just crashes and you die.
    Happens to me mostly on Sinai.

Cavalry class is still very bugged as well when spawning at start of a round as wrong class - pilot, tanker etc.

Yes, exactly this. Happens to me in the beginning of a round and it just happened on Sinai before I decided to post about it.
  • SlugSniper
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've noticed this too. The secret to surviving it is to pull up a bit, letting your plane fly aimlessly for a bit until you finally spawn in it all the way across the map.

The upside to this bug is that you can exploit it to select a different class before you actually spawn. I've been flying planes as a Medic. :D
  • iano1978
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »

The upside to this bug is that you can exploit it to select a different class before you actually spawn. I've been flying planes as a Medic. :D

That is not an upside, how do you repair your plane?

• robmcewen
    1288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yep it happens

Hate playing the giant shadow map anyway.
  • l_water_l
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sometimes when I spawn in a gunner position and the plane is out of bounds for infantry but not planes, it wont register that I'm in a plane and I die from being out-of-bounds. It doesn't happen very often but enough that I notice it.
  • iransports
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 13
    The plane/vehicle/cavalry spawn at the beginning of the rounds needs some serious fixing.

I spawn on a horse and I'm a tanker.
    I spawn in a tank and I'm cavalry (with no wrench hence no repairs)

Please fix this
  • robmcewen
    1288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    iransports wrote: »
    The plane/vehicle/cavalry spawn at the beginning of the rounds needs some serious fixing.

I spawn on a horse and I'm a tanker.
    I spawn in a tank and I'm cavalry (with no wrench hence no repairs)

Please fix this

That bug has been plaguing the game since launch and it's still happening along with other bugs, meanwhile DannyonPC finds a way to get camping tanks using landmines and a motorbike and it gets patched a month later, go figure that one out