A melee charge should not OHK an Elite

Scruffy_McGuffy
362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I can accept the buffed up melee charger surviving being filled with lead or flames during his charge. However, scoring a OHK on an Elite which has far more defense than a regular soldier is ridiculous. I would say 50% damage at most, would be more sensible. Thoughts?

Comments

• obisearch
    433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 13
    Would be a bit awkward bayonetting someone then having to then remove the bayonet from a pissed off looking elite. I'm sure that would go well...

Btw elites are still normal men but with buff armour. Inside the tin can is still the meaty goodness.. so a charge going through or around armour is still plausible.
  • Scruffy_McGuffy
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not sure how losing only half their health from one melee charge instead of OHK would make them "virtually invincible".
  • GRIZZ11283
    3029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not sure how losing only half their health from one melee charge instead of OHK would make them "virtually invincible".

Ok, virtually invincible to a bayonet.
    They charge, hit the elite for 50hp, elite then melts the bayonet user, there's no way the bayonet user is gonna win that battle.
  • MrOnlineToughGuy
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think you should only be able to bayonet elites. Let's do that instead

Just aim for the eye holes.
  • HotahX_O
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 13
    Elites are op af is used well. I think this should not change.
    Probably OP got knifed too much as an elite. Happens to all of us. Learn from mistakes.
  • HardAimedKid
    10237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

If you aren't going for eye holes you're doing it wrong
  • MrOnlineToughGuy
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Sometimes you can catch an exposed butt crack from the rear too. No ****.
  • ashar_saleem121
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    One thing I've noticed is the federov really takes an elite to task. One well aimed clip will severely damage an elite
  • HardAimedKid
    10237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Sometimes you can catch an exposed butt crack from the rear too. No ****.

Woah that got me all excited :D
  • Scruffy_McGuffy
    edited September 13
    Probably OP got knifed too much as an elite. Happens to all of us. Learn from mistakes.
    Twice yesterday, which prompted this. I've been picking up the Elite kit more often than usual while going for the 100 kills assignment. Perhaps you can suggest how to beat these melee guys:

1. Nobody around. Picks up Elite kit. Dies instantly from OHK charging guy.
    2. Flamethrower at charging guy the entire time of his charge. Guy on fire with knife wins. Elite dies from OHK.

The Elite is supposed to be powerful. One guy isn't meant to bring him down, least of all OHK. It's supposed to be a squad effort.
  • TEKNOCODE
    5702 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 13
    It's supposed to be a squad effort.

This applies to elites as well.

Step One: Run with a medic and a support

Step Two: Profit
  • Aeshettr
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    One thing I've noticed is the federov really takes an elite to task. One well aimed clip will severely damage an elite

Yeah I noticed this too. Catch a sentry reloading, empty your mag into him and he's nearly dead.
  • Teh_Next
    1534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There shouldn't even be Elites, it's nonsense.
  • robmcewen
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've been using the bayonet a lot more since the release of the DLC for one of the challenge's and I've been having fun sticking elites with my jabber so it's probably me that's been upsetting you, so sorry I guess.
  • HardAimedKid
    robmcewen wrote: »
    I've been using the bayonet a lot more since the release of the DLC for one of the challenge's and I've been having fun sticking elites with my jabber so it's probably me that's been upsetting you, so sorry I guess.

Okay it's no longer to be referred to as a bayonet. Jabber only
  • Bertominus_Rex
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    robmcewen wrote: »

Okay it's no longer to be referred to as a bayonet. Jabber only

Jabber da Hurt