Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Problem with Premium

rikudu17
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hello,

I just came from France, I bought the premium on the French PS Store and everything worked well!

I went to Canada for my studies and the, my premium no longer works with my French account!

I contacted EA who told me that the problem came from Playstation and Playstation told me that the Premium did not work in different wones!

So, there is a way to have it without having to buy again it? Because it is scam but totally !!

Thank's and have a good day!

PS: Sorry for mistakes

Comments

• HardAimedKid
    9865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 12
    I'm not on PlayStation but I know Xbox people have had the same problems. I think the only thing you can try to do is switch the consoles/accounts country and see if that fixes it. Or @Braddock512 may be able to assist you possibly
  • Braddock512
    829 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE
    @rikudu17 If you bought Premium for your PS4 from France and are still using the SAME disc as when you bought Premium, you SHOULD be fine.
    However, if you switched anything - new account, different region disc, etc - there's nothing EA can do. The PS4 has two major regions (there's like 5, honestly, but the large majority are either SCEA or SCEE).
    SCEA is Sony Computer Entertainment of America, SCEE is Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe. These two regions are not compatible with downloadable content if it's not purchased from the same region.

It literally has to do with the region on your account - and MAYBE where your geolocation is pinging the PSN servers.

All that text and no solution, I know. There's nothing we can do, but you may try to talk to Playstation about workarounds.

Good luck with the issue and with your studies.

-Braddock512-
  • l-trenchdog-l
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @rikudu17 If you bought Premium for your PS4 from France and are still using the SAME disc as when you bought Premium, you SHOULD be fine.
    However, if you switched anything - new account, different region disc, etc - there's nothing EA can do. The PS4 has two major regions (there's like 5, honestly, but the large majority are either SCEA or SCEE).
    SCEA is Sony Computer Entertainment of America, SCEE is Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe. These two regions are not compatible with downloadable content if it's not purchased from the same region.

It literally has to do with the region on your account - and MAYBE where your geolocation is pinging the PSN servers.

All that text and no solution, I know. There's nothing we can do, but you may try to talk to Playstation about workarounds.

-Braddock512-

Wow that was impressive , I tip my hat too you.Now only if there was more like you lol
  • rikudu17
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

-Braddock512-

Thank you for answer! So, if I buy a Battlefield 1 game in France and I play with it in Canada, the Premium was ok and I can play??

Thank you again
  • Braddock512
    829 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE
    rikudu17 wrote: »
    Thank you for answer! So, if I buy a Battlefield 1 game in France and I play with it in Canada, the Premium was ok and I can play??

Thank you again

That's the issue. You'd need to verify what region your PSN account is set as. If it's an EU account with an EU copy of the game, you're solid.
    If it's an EU account attempting to play an NA copy of the game (physical), you'll be fine, but you probably won't be able to access DLC.
    If it's an NA account (Canada) with an NA copy (physical), then any DLC you purchase must be purchased via the NA store to work properly.
    If it's a digital copy of the game and you're playing on the same account when you purchased it previously and had no issues, you SHOULDN'T have an issue, but again, it's all about the region lock.

Definitely hit up the Playstation support team to verify those pertinent details and make sure to post back with your results.

Good luck and have a great day!
    -Braddock512-