Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Battlefield 5 My Wants

James-Bond1-77
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited September 12

Hello DICE employees and hello Battlefield community I would like to discuss a couple concepts for the next Battlefield installment that I think would give Battlefield a fresh feel.

I will start by saying I like what Battlefield 1 did with the concept of the vehicles however I feel there is way too many classes and I feel like we can down this scale by using the Squad leader something I feel like DICE has been lack thereof using besides the objectives the Squad leader prioritizes for the team.

My concept is the Squad leader uses in game credits/reward money similar to the money system in Hardline to buy vehicles then they can spawn them in. (Note: the vehicle if destroyed will have to be bought again.) I feel as if the Squad leaders had control of their bought vehicle they can use command ability settings making it only Squad usable so people outside of the Squad doesn't enter your vehicle, however you can invite a player from a different squad to join in. Squad leader can also mark who sits where so if you don't want a specific someone driving your vehicle you can hightlight that person and reposition them into a different seat. This is an alternative from the Battlefield 1 where DICE tried to resolve the issue by making it where you had to repair the vehicle from within. I think we should turn away from that and bring the repair tool back which can be given to everyone who has entered the vehicle so when they get out they can repair it making it a thrill and even more important to work as a team since now you have to defend the person outside the vehicle from being shot.

Now before I progress even further with this concept I would like to ponder what you think about commander mode returning? Now I revisioned it back to it's old roots and made a conclusion that having a Platoon leader on the battlefield rather than looking down on everyone from a 2D of the map or sate view would be less engaging. I feel as if we had a platoon leader on ground with his or her unique class it would be more rewarding as you will have to earn new abilities like you would with Gadgets in your class.
I was thinking more like gas, and bombardments, and maybe providing a Dog for one squad that would help a squad out find mines and or spot enemies and maybe even distract an enemy. Ps the reason I am suggesting a dog is because in Battlefield 4 in the Baku mission Irish fought a couple dogs and it would be amazing to see an animation where you get to punch a Dog in the face lmao. No animal cruelty intended this is war and people have a problem I don't care. I want to see more animations as I feel like Battlefield 1 took a step back when you have to knife someone like twice, also NO counter attack animations. I want to be able choke someone, knife them, stab them in their heart and steal their damn Dog tags or kick someone off a ledge hurting them depending how high or killing them! Mmm I am getting sidetracked here, but hey those aren't the only things a commander should be given in my examples, and tbh I don't know what Era they are going to so I can't say they should Implement drones and such to give intel where enemies would be and or other things, but they could revisit the rapid deployment and small little perks and even have the platoon leader set objectives. ALSO apparently radar was built secretly in 1940 so we could probably use that?

Back to the concept for the Squad leader and vehicles.
The Squad leader should be able to set checkpoints for his or her squad separate from the main objective. The squad leader will name the checkpoints like hold here for a certain amount of time, set up traps, etc. He or her can highlight specific members where to go on the map giving them a separate custom mission from eachother.

You can spawn on Squad leaders, Objectives, and also spawn on squad if the majority of the players are nearby eachother.

Squad leaders can suggest a loadout to a teammate to fit the squads role more better. If the Squad leader wants to choke an objective with his vehicle he can set a circle around that objective so the driver does not leave it; you can increase the size of this circle, or change its shape. Note: Spawnable vehicles should still exist like light vehicles, but vehicles that consist of heavily armored and heavily gunned should be used wisely by a leader and not given to someone that is not gonna play with his team that only wants to go hundred in kills, and zero in deaths, or a noob that isn't experienced in level and the amount time spent in the vehicle.

Squad leader, and Platoon leader is key, along with the way you make your maps, the specific guns and gadgets you give to the classes, balancing, netcode, bugs, and the right amount of players for a specific game mode.

I would expect DICE LA would be making the next Battlefield because Visceral was more credited on Hardline, and Stockholm on BF1

Sidenote: I love Battlefield 1 and Hardline they have their own unique feel however I expected that Battlefield 1 would have given medpacks and defibs or the morphine syringe and made it a mandatory thing, instead they make gas mask mandatory which I found interesting and a little confusing. I don't see the need to make ammo boxes mandatory as you can put ammo crates in certain places in the map to refill your ammo.

I will give a few video links off YouTube where I got some of my inspiration from.

This playlist will focus on some of the smaller things
[url="BF Design Concepts: Design Concepts: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfOoCUS0PSkVmtPgqA3h9jAEPAyxCw_iw[/url]

This link below will provide a leadership system you can skip the game modes. Top left corner look for command abilities
[url="M.A.G. HD VIDEOS: HD VIDEOS: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL98FF8A98CCB1D736[/url]

This is concept of a Battlefield game and I want you to focus on some of the key points he lists in his videos.
[url="Battlefield 1982: 1982: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfOoCUS0PSkXztZhHu0b8tG3zVMe_VhOg[/url]

Before I head off I want to mention afew more things.
Character Customisation:
Body, and facial customisations in the next installment and please bring in female gender in this game as I feel the female audience is lacking and they are tired of playing the guy soldier. I also want to imprint my face onto my soldier similar to the NBA 2k18 face scan
[Face Scan]
https://youtu.be/nj1Q8kxdpIU

[Female Soldier] Ps I don't sponsor Axe this is just a video to give you a feeling.
https://youtu.be/7OuEoR_RDm8

Guns for Lefties:
Csgo has made it that the players can go and hold the gun with their right and use the left hand for the trigger. It amazes me that any modern day game fps does not include this and it is quite sad because my left eye is my dominate eye and I prefer the gun on my left shoulder. Get with the program DICE!

This link provides some key points why you should include left handed
https://youtu.be/E6xkJMxUkps

I expect the battlefield community to criticize my concept fairly and not bring offensive language to my post. I want read your critical feedback and to understand what you see wrong with my concept suggestion, and see what you would change about it or maybe give a different concept that is entirely different from mine.

DICE employees if you have any questions please contact me here and I will try to reply back at my earliest convenience.

Comments

• Shadders_X
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    You mention squad leader a lot - this is the problem - squads.
    With squads, no one communicates anymore. Before, with BF2:MC, lots of people talked - coordination. You felt part of a team.
    In regards to Locker:
    With squads, they go off and do their own thing - we are the US team, and the flags A, B, C and D are the enemies, and the squad is taking flag E, take it, and then wait for people to spawn. They seem ignorant of the fact that there are 4 other flags where the other side are spawning from - they have no effect.
    At the same time, the rest of the team are on the snow path, and no one defends flags. The rest of the team are behaving like a swarm - team death match ?
    Squads and squad comms ruined the game in the long term. People do not communicate, and no open comms means NO ability to work as one large team.
    Other aspects are - no gadgets - they are pointless.
    No aim assist - this is just tantamount to cheating. (DICE do it as it attracts casual gamers, and they want money)
    Hand guns are as powerful as automatic weapons - stupid idea.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • James-Bond1-77
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Hi,
    You mention squad leader a lot - this is the problem - squads.
    With squads, no one communicates anymore. Before, with BF2:MC, lots of people talked - coordination. You felt part of a team.
    In regards to Locker:
    With squads, they go off and do their own thing - we are the US team, and the flags A, B, C and D are the enemies, and the squad is taking flag E, take it, and then wait for people to spawn. They seem ignorant of the fact that there are 4 other flags where the other side are spawning from - they have no effect.
    At the same time, the rest of the team are on the snow path, and no one defends flags. The rest of the team are behaving like a swarm - team death match ?
    Squads and squad comms ruined the game in the long term. People do not communicate, and no open comms means NO ability to work as one large team.
    Other aspects are - no gadgets - they are pointless.
    No aim assist - this is just tantamount to cheating. (DICE do it as it attracts casual gamers, and they want money)
    Hand guns are as powerful as automatic weapons - stupid idea.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

They should not support group chat parties this would be beneficial for team communication to be revived, and to add another layer on top of that have it where you hear enemies and other friendly squads in a close proximity, and as well have the Squad leaders switch radio chat to squad and platoon so each leader can coordinate from long distances on plans, and among other things.

I believe if they made a system that discouraged the PS4, XBOX1, and STEAM party chat systems and ask the players to play the game using in game chat It could possibly work. I don't know how they would go about doing that, but I guess they can look at Cod, Americas Army Proving Grounds and such because for unknown reasons everyone speaks in the in game chats there.

Battlefield 5 overall needs to fix the team play or else I am gonna have a tantrum! Battlefield 1 was not cutting it out for me and I have been think of returning back to 4 and maybe 3. The Battlefield 1 had alot of sales but that means nothing now that everyone has or is jumping off the hype train! I don't expect DICE to listen to me, however I know they have in the past and then they got me believing that they have listen or read about everything I have said, but they take only one thing that they like and expect us to like the other crap that we did not ask for. It shouldn't work that way, but it does I want them to revisit the voting making the community more involved and make the CTE more than what it already is! Even allow mod support so people outside can fix bugs and among other things that just make the experience of the game way better then send those files to DICE so the can implement them into the retail game. But no they will never do that because EA will have their throats, but I am proud of them however that they stood up and said no to premium for Star Wars Battlefront 2. It shows that DICE really cares and it's EA that we have to worry about.
  • HonestSoul333
    1026 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    And another one
  • Foot_Elite_Guard
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlefield 2 Remastered with vehicle operator, squad leader and commander special classes would be great. Or just base game on all platforms. I am all for it!