Call of Duty WWII beta......sad :(

1235»

Comments

• oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Judging by your rant you have the maturity of the typical cod player.

Battlefield 1 and cod are both equally casual games, instead of the hill humping scout spam abusing the bad map design in battlefield ,cod with its tiny cluttered maps is smg hipfire spam you don't even have to aim just point and spray in the direction of the player you want to kill. Cod also has its fair share of campers its not any better nor is it any more skill based infact both being online games played over the internet they are connection>skill , I just play which ever one is more enjoyable to play.
  • Squirrel_trip
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    R.I..P. CoD

Long live Battlefield. :)
  • Fog_eXGunner
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    TBH i bought the base game of COD WW2 I loved COD and Battlefield equally back in the day. I played stupid hours of COD:UO and COD2 as well as BF2 . Im going to give this one a try as i really havent played a cod game since MW. I like the Boots on the ground , back to their roots thing they have going. But I want to see if they took the ideas far enough for myself.

The 4 maps i saw in the beta were CQB and im hoping some of the others are larger maps. Typically COD releases with 12-14 maps at release and i'm going to give it a fair open minded try and not have any preconceptions if i can avoid it. This is honestly their last chance with me though. If they screw this up, i wash my hands of any further COD titles.
    Post edited by Fog_eXGunner on
  • N7Quizolio
    87 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Fog_eXGunner I agree with you. I have no intentions of getting WW2, but I believe it truly is the last chance for the series.
  • Fog_eXGunner
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    N7Quizolio wrote: »
    @Fog_eXGunner I agree with you. I have no intentions of getting WW2, but I believe it truly is the last chance for the series.

Exactly. If this COD doesnt knock it out of the park i dont know what they could do to revive the name. I hope IW understands this fact... this is there last chance to revitalise the series and the COD Brand.

• Loqtrall
    12100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ehhhhhhhhh, I think you guys underestimate how popular Call of Duty is as a franchise. Hell, the competitive scene and it's fanbase is one of the largest in FPS esports.

They just had the biggest tournament event in the history of the franchise (CoD World League) last month in Orlando. The qualifiers for that were held in Anaheim and over 5,000 people attended, and nearly 10x that amount streamed it online.

If WWII doesn't please CoD fans (which I can't imagine happening, so far the reaction from the CoD camp has been positive throughout the fanbase and comp scene), it definitely won't mark the "end" of the franchise, implying WWII is CoD's "last chance".

You're forgetting the franchise is owned by one of if not the biggest video game publisher in the industry right behind EA, a publisher that also owns games/franchises like Overwatch, Destiny, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and several other franchises in the industry.

Destiny 1 was probably one of the biggest letdowns in recent memory, as far as hype/delivery/content is concerned. If Activision could pull Destiny through that, they can pull CoD through another not-so-popular title.
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So, for you who are skipping COD WWII & thinking about SWBFII, I'll be there with @PrepJnr, if you want
    Hopefully see you there
    PS4 — Prep768
  • rock1obsta
    3814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »
    So, for you who are skipping COD WWII & thinking about SWBFII, I'll be there with @PrepJnr, if you want
    Hopefully see you there
    PS4 — Prep768

I'm waitin on the Star Wars campaign. A mish-mash of the entire canonical universe? I'm so there.
    The multiplayer is definitely secondary.
  • N7Quizolio
    87 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Prep768 wrote: »
    Hopefully see you there
    PS4 — Prep768

I'm waitin on the Star Wars campaign. A mish-mash of the entire canonical universe? I'm so there.
    The multiplayer is definitely secondary.

Secondary indeed. After the last game's multiplayer divulged into a convoluted mess I am definitely placing it on the back burner, should I cave in and buy the game.
  • islwynjacks
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    have played the game for 2 days solid now am so frustrated with it its like as if I'm up against the pros every match.having played most of the other titles and always held my own I just cant take to this game.i just get hammered every match not so much fun.lucky for me I have cod ghosts[my fav] and battlefield 1 [my all time fav game]to fall back on.

think this ww2 is heading for a trade in you think they could set up some kind of league system by now where you play against players of your own standards????
  • Loqtrall
    12100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

think this ww2 is heading for a trade in you think they could set up some kind of league system by now where you play against players of your own standards????

You mean like the Ranked mode that's right beside the public match option when you choose to join a match?
  • islwynjacks
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

You mean like the Ranked mode that's right beside the public match option when you choose to join a match?

yeah the ranked mode that's not active yet

• pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    COD WW2 is the worst game i´v played for the last 20 years ..
    The game is is so unbelivable bad that I still cant belive they have released this ****.
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Few lads at work have it, and enjoy it.

Then again they say BF1 is too hard :D