Assault got shafted in the new expansion

corona747
207 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
The mg08...just wtf is this gun. It's not a proper LMG or SMG. Its literally the worst gun however you categorized it. Any support gun is better than it and any current assault SMG is better than it.
The double barrel shot gun is a total joke. Why would you even use it over the current shotguns. Even the 12g is better. Having to reload after every shot you're basically hoping that you kill that person on the first shot and there's noone else behind him. Also, I feel the pallet spread is wider than the sawed off shotgun that's already in the game, so I even prefer teh sawed off shotgun over it.

Comments

• bran1986
    2842 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The smg08/18 exists to give assault another mid-range weapon. It has a huge magazine, and almost no recoil. I quite liked using it in the cte.
  • corona747
    207 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    The most OP class got shafted? Lol you got the best perks and that shotgun is actually pretty beast damagewise, just gotta land your shots. Not for the average run hipfire m10 hunter noobs that's 4 sure

Oh really? Best specializations in the game? Gas mask bonus isn't even effective for 90% of the maps. Dynamite is the noobest thing to run on the assault.

The 2 new guns for assault are completely filler content. Basically they needed 2 guns to add to this expansion because every class got 2 guns.

And 1hk is the least of problems for good assaults. Being able to kill someone 1v1 isn't the only measure of skill in bf1. It's what you do afterwards and how much you contribute to your team. It isn't a very good gun if you have to reload everytime after 1 shot while another guy pops up and kills you.
  • Creasie
    1097 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Simple, don't run and gun with it. It's meant for longer ranges/slower playstyle.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    392 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    After reading comments about the I was quite surprised at the SMG08, it works rather well for a more slower paced defensive combat. Had some nice plays on Tsaritsyn.
    Both M1900 variants are my new go-to shotguns. The Factory has excellent damage and rate of fire, and the reload is quite fast. Consistency hasn't been a problem, people are dropping as I would expect. Never was a fan of A10 rate of fire, more of a M97/Sjögren kind of guy myself. From the capacity point of view, I think it's more of a user problem if you find yourself face-to-face with more than two enemies at a time without cover to duck behind for a reload.
    The slug variant is oh-so-satisfying to play on Conquest where engagement distances are further out. Wasn't particularly fond of the A10 Slug because of the optical sight, but the shotgun rib on the M1900 seems to work wonders for getting those longer range shots on target. And headshots on immobile enemies are easy to land. I'm pretty sure there has been some salty opponents on Volga River.
    All in all I feel that all classes got excellent new weapons in this DLC (haven't really played the Mosin-Nagant yet, and General Liu leaves something to be desired), so I'm quite satisfied. And the Obrez is a blast. Literally.
  • BizarkerDRule
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's my new fave ... ENJOY ...

• Jonny_ChaosMCR
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I really like the new assault SMG. Fires like a laser
    After reading comments about the I was quite surprised at the SMG08, it works rather well for a more slower paced defensive combat. Had some nice plays on Tsaritsyn.
    Both M1900 variants are my new go-to shotguns. The Factory has excellent damage and rate of fire, and the reload is quite fast. Consistency hasn't been a problem, people are dropping as I would expect. Never was a fan of A10 rate of fire, more of a M97/Sjögren kind of guy myself. From the capacity point of view, I think it's more of a user problem if you find yourself face-to-face with more than two enemies at a time without cover to duck behind for a reload.
    The slug variant is oh-so-satisfying to play on Conquest where engagement distances are further out. Wasn't particularly fond of the A10 Slug because of the optical sight, but the shotgun rib on the M1900 seems to work wonders for getting those longer range shots on target. And headshots on immobile enemies are easy to land. I'm pretty sure there has been some salty opponents on Volga River.
    All in all I feel that all classes got excellent new weapons in this DLC (haven't really played the Mosin-Nagant yet, and General Liu leaves something to be desired), so I'm quite satisfied. And the Obrez is a blast. Literally.

I should be unlocking the slug shotty today, just need the pistol kills. Hope it's as good as everyone says cos the shotgun you needed 40 kills for to unlock it is awful and I'm bored of constantly using the 10A hunter.
  • GrinddalDDG
    205 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I actually really like the new weapons bar the shotgun, but I dont use shotguns, so thats fine with me.

I like the SMG08 its really fun and has enough bullets to go on a rampage.

The Perino and the Fedorov are my favourites tho, **** beasts.
  • Ploodovic
    387 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I really like the M1900 slug. Sure, you have to reload often, but that means adjust your play style, if needed. I also enjoy the Martini Henry, so the constant reloading doesn't bother me. Combine with the Obrez pistol and you've got a sniping assault loadout.
  • DaMutha1
    727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    OP fails to mention AT gun and AT grenades when assault "perks" are mentioned. Best offensive gadgets around
  • AlotOfThunder
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I feel like OP tried out the MG08 smg and the 1900 shotgun for like 2 mins, died, then came here to make this thread lol
  • crabman169
    10200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Member how assault got two weapons in TSNP whilst every other class got only one?

I member.

Assault got two new shotguns (slug is essentially another weapon) and a new smg plus optical variant for it; also got a new revolver and pocket pistol. Shafted my crustacean nippers.

• V2Face
    1805 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 14
    The new SMG is great for mid range it's no way a CQB type weapon because of its low rate of fire. It's a mix between the Hellriegel and the MP18 (Large mag, low recoil)
  • olavafar
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Talking of perks. I really like the 'Inconspicuous' one. Taking a flag and hiding for squad to spawn on me. Hearing that flare coming and you know he does not get anything on the mini map. Shoots a new one and he is out of flares, still nothing, then comes the squad mate - BAM! We are visible, game on...
  • James-MII
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The OP is probably saying it's rubbish because he can't use it.
  • Temp1st
    2244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    The new SMG is great for mid range it's no way a CQB type weapon because of its low rate of fire. It's a mix between the Hellriegel and the MP18 (Large mag, low recoil)

Essentially a bad MG in other words :(

1900 slug lyfe for long range.