which DLC is better TSNP or ITNOTT?

herodes87
237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Which one you find better? The french or Russian DLC?

I am a little bit disappointed from the Russian one mainly because of the use of cavalry. At lupkow Pass you have alot of horses but Not at Galicia? Why? That would be a perfect Map for that class.

And i like Nivelle nights and Fort Vaux and think they really Show WW1 Combat.

Comments

• ElliotLH
    1331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There is cavalry on Galicia (in Conquest definitely, not sure about other game modes to be fair).

On the whole I personally prefer the weapons from ITNOTT but find all but a handful of the maps from both DLCs to be a bit 'meh' on the whole. By this I mean that they're OK and nice for variety but still prefer vanilla ones.
  • JediMastaWyn
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dare I say, I like both equally.
  • Getier
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The maps in TSNP are far better in my opinion.
    I like the weapons in the russian dlc.
  • HotahX_O
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TSNP for the maps and ITNOTT for weapons.
  • AK-Bear-12
    435 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    HotahX_O wrote: »
    TSNP for the maps and ITNOTT for weapons.

• Jonny_ChaosMCR
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I hammered TSNP none stop so I'm bored of it. I enjoyed it though. Especially Fort. I didn't like the new DLC at first but all the maps have grown on me now, apart from Galicia. Not sure what I like most. Probably TSNP just cos I feel there was more cover overall.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I like the environment more in the Russian DLC and I like the smaller maps in the french DLC. The french maps are also more balanced but I like both DLC about equally.
  • Claypole1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TSNP seemed good at first, but quickly went very stale for me.

ITNOTS didn't impress me to start with, but it's slowly growing on me. That doesn't mean it's good, but it is a step up.

One thing I have noticed, with BF3 and BF4, when I played the DLC I tended to stick with it and it took quite a while before I went back to the base maps, now and again, and even then it was just because the base maps were pretty decent.

With BF1, and with both DLCs, I found myself quickly returning to the base maps for no other reason than boredom.

• smokethadro
    356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I prefer tsar. They look dam good in hdr. I think it's the snow that really makes the hdr update pop. Tough call tho, both are pretty equal
  • guinness54321
    97 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TSNP because FrontLines is a great mode.

I haven't seen any others where you can be down to your last telegraph, come back and win.

Everything else, once you are down big, comebacks are rare.
  • smokethadro
    356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I haven't seen any others where you can be down to your last telegraph, come back and win.

Yes comebacks are very rare. Being down 100 shouldn't be hard to comeback, but it is. Hopefully the new scoring system fixes that and makes it more competitive.
  • guinness54321
    97 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yes comebacks are very rare. Being down 100 shouldn't be hard to comeback, but it is. Hopefully the new scoring system fixes that and makes it more competitive.

I don't understand how scoring works in Conquest now. We can have 4 out of 5 flags and the other teams score still goes up 3 points for every point we get.
  • smokethadro

I don't understand how scoring works in Conquest now. We can have 4 out of 5 flags and the other teams score still goes up 3 points for every point we get.

I was thinking the same last night, playing argonne. We were down but came back holding a,b,c and never really closed the gap. I thought we'd win for sure.
  • Press-2-Continue
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Personally the maps are 'meh' from both dlc's, The weapons only a handful i'l ever use, new tanks/bomber only like the french tank (with pigeon) the rest are nothing special and personally the original flame/heavy bomber will be my go to plane along with the french tank.
  • Sonic5745
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I suppose I like ITNOTT a little better.

The only thing that TSNP has over ITNOTT is the better maps. I don't recall a single TSNP map that I don't enjoy, while ITNOTT has one that I don't like (Tsaritsyn). Didn't like it the first day I played it, and I still don't like it.

But ITNOTT has more vehicles that can be used in the vanilla maps, and has more weapons. ITNOTT also has Albion, which is my favorite DLC map so far.
  • CS-2107
    568 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Depends. Mapwise the french DLC is better, weapon and vehiclewise the russian DLC. The Putilov Garford is more interesting than the ST. Chamond and you have more weapons in the russian DLC, but frech had better close combat maps.
  • JohnMatrix666
    1234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ITNOTT by a mile. I only really like Verdun and a couple of the weapons in TSNP, everything else feels just mediocre. Tsar isn't that great either but at least the weapons are cool and the DLC has that nice and gritty atmosphere to it.
  • Masqerader
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm not a fan of TSNP, Haven't got a chance to play Tsar as, I am not paying for premium given how Revolution was introduced so have to wait, but watching seems the maps look lack luster
  • trip1ex
    1352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 14
    Too early, but ITNOTT has maps that remind more of BAttlefield. Big open field warfare. I like them so far except for maybe the one with the gimmicky cathedral in the middle.

Only map I really like on TSNP is Soissons. Ft Vaux is annoying because of Zerg. Verdun is ok, but feels like an arena. Rupture is fine because it has a cool bridge and some tanks and planes, but the flag points aren't too exciting. The night maps are meh. Everyone just Zergs on the one night map. The other one too although not as much because of the middle flag, but rather play it during the day time. Night makes maps feel the same like fog does.
  • bran1986
    2842 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I was thinking the same last night, playing argonne. We were down but came back holding a,b,c and never really closed the gap. I thought we'd win for sure.

The more flags you own the quicker you score points. Each time you kill an enemy you gain a point, unless a medic revives him. So basically the problem is on maps like Argonne, kills will outpace the points gained from flags. So you basically end up with tdm with flags.